TRT and fertility.............

one way step

I’ve been on TRT consistently for a little over 10 years due to hypogonadism. My dose is 200mg per week.

The wife and I are looking to start a family. I had an appointment with my endo about this and he told me to stop taking testosterone cypionate and he prescribed me HCG to take for three months.

It’s now been two weeks since I’ve stopped test cyp and I’m definitely beginning to feel the effects of not having it. I am finally going to get my prescription for HCG tomorrow after finally getting coverage approval from my insurance.

I have taken HCG at various points in the past, both as monotherapy and as added to TRT with anastrozole. The last time I added HCG to my TRT routine, I had very visible and very uncomfortable water retention in my face and chest as a side effect. I am worried this side effect may return as I begin HCG again.

Has anyone had any luck of having children while on TRT or while taking TRT with HCG? Will I have less chance of this water retention side effect if I only take HCG without test cyp?

If you have been on TRT for such a long time without HCG, it is very hard to have children.
Have you already run a sperm test? What is your current situation?

Usually HCG is useful to preserve the testicles size especially to avoid (or to limit) fertility problems.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about water retention by HCG, but I'm pretty sure HCG is the way to boost your fertility.

However, there are lots of experienced guys in this forum and they will help you

Go through the blood tests and sperm count test and see.

Ive seen it end successfully more so then not when people try even after long times of being on gear whether TRT or usage.

The hcg raises all hormones so estrogen goes up to hence the water retention watch the face bloat and make sure your diet is low sodium

Follow your doctors advise but also enquire about the off use of nolva with hcg. I have read numerous articles about the synergy between nolva and hcg. That way you can feel normal with the nolva assisting boosting your testosterone. At the end of the day a few months off feeling off is worth trying to start a family.

What dose is the doc prescribing for the hcg?

The doc is prescribing 2500iu 3x per week. That dose seems very high and I was planning on taking a lower dose based on info from the internet. I have not figured out the specifics of what dose I want to take.

May as well go with your doctor advise for fertility.

I commonly go with 500iu every 3rd day during cycle and up to 1000iu three times a week leading up to PCT.

When I added HCG to my TRT routine, I usually added 500iu per week (either 250iu 2x or 500iu). I worry about higher doses of HCG causing side effects due to an increase in DHT (baldness, increased body hair, ED, etc).

If you havent started losing your hair on trt youre most likely safe and dont have the MPB gene. Regardless though if the goal is a child follow doctors advice IMO

I just watched a video from Dr Rand and he was mentioning their is no literature in HCG desensitization of the leydig cells using higher amounts for men and it is a myth. Just FYI. You should do as your Dr recommends. If you want the video Ill post it.

The doc is prescribing 2500iu 3x per week. That dose seems very high and I was planning on taking a lower dose based on info from the internet. I have not figured out the specifics of what dose I want to take.

Oh heck no. Don't do that. If I understood your post he had you stop 200 mg/wk Test injections and go with HCG only. In that scenario it's hard to think of any amount of HCG that would be too much. Certainly not 2,500 E3D. That seems like a very good dosage to get things moving again.

I liked the idea to look into nolvadex too. And I'd also look into clomid. Both those help to get the HPTA up and firing again.

Later on you might want to check into HMG. It includes folistatin in addtiion to LH. That directly makes your boys produce sperm.

Back