TRT - Did I make a mistake?

I gave my first ever self injection today in the glute. I watched YouTube videos and read posts here for about an hour before just going for it.

It was super easy, I have pre-loaded syringes for the first month. Sanatized my skin, couldn't believe how easy and painlessly it pierced through. Aspirated, all went well. Took about 3 min.

I didn't start getting nervous and shaky until after I pulled the needle out when I was like I can't believe I just did that. I used to be terrified of needles. I can for sure handle that once or twice a week.

It was super easy, ***8230; couldn't believe how easy and painlessly it [went in].

I didn't start getting nervous and shaky until after I pulled [it] out when I was like I can't believe I just did that. I used to be terrified . I can for sure handle that once or twice a week.

Thats exactly what "she said" after taking it in the ass for the first time. ;)

Worked a double yesterday. Went home and straight to bed at midnight. Slept deeply, woke up once to night wood that was like steel. Then awake at 9am with morning wood and feeling motivated.

Actually felt a strong need to lift, so hit the gym before work. It's been a while since I've worked out before work as I just didn't have the energy before.

The workout felt great, I was full of energy. Nothing noticeable as far as being able to lift more, just continued with my progressive overload program doing more reps than the last workout. This is good though as I have been on a ~300 deficit per day for the last week trying to get rid of some stubborn belly fat.

I'm wondering if I should order something for estrogen just to have on hand. From reading and a previous comment, it doesn't seem like a lot of guys can do 200mg once a week without one?

I also noticed some slight testicular atrophy, doesn't really bother me as mine were starting to hang big and low over the years. The other strange thing is my semen volume has seemed to increase as of late. Which i like, but figured the opposite would happen.

Last edited:
Things are still going really good, especially in the gym. Although it seems this week libido has fallen off.

A quick question. Today my left nipple has been itching. I know this is a sign of high estrogen. I don't go back to the doctor for another two weeks. Should I order an anti estrogen online or just wait this out?

Edit: Oh and I'm going to give blood right now. Figured I would nip that in the bud.

Last edited:
I gave my first ever self injection today in the glute. I watched YouTube videos and read posts here for about an hour before just going for it.

It was super easy, I have pre-loaded syringes for the first month. Sanatized my skin, couldn't believe how easy and painlessly it pierced through. Aspirated, all went well. Took about 3 min.

I didn't start getting nervous and shaky until after I pulled the needle out when I was like I can't believe I just did that. I used to be terrified of needles. I can for sure handle that once or twice a week.

Be careful with that. The solvents in the oil can dissolve bits of the rubber stopper into your injection, something you definitely want to avoid. If you must preload & store them for more than one week, ensure they are stored upside down with half a CC of air in it. That way the oil won't touch the rubber at all.

Things are still going really good, especially in the gym. Although it seems this week libido has fallen off.

A quick question. Today my left nipple has been itching. I know this is a sign of high estrogen. I don't go back to the doctor for another two weeks. Should I order an anti estrogen online or just wait this out?

Edit: Oh and I'm going to give blood right now. Figured I would nip that in the bud.

Good work on the blood donation. I would personally wait it out unless it gets worse. Itching is quite common and people tend to panic immediately and blame estradiol. In reality, lots of things can make your nipples itchy and they probably get that way all the time without you giving it a second thought. If they ever get painful though - that's the time to step in. But as your two weeks away from bloodwork now, I wouldn't make any changes that are going to bias that blood work.

An informative read for you regarding your nipples: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...ia-if-you-re-asking-question-read-thread.html

Last edited:
The solvents in the oil can dissolve bits of the rubber stopper into your injection, something you definitely want to avoid. If you must preload & store them for more than one week, ensure they are stored upside down with half a CC of air in it.

Are you sure about dissolving the rubber? After all, the vials that test comes in are made of rubber.

I store for up to 2 weeks with no problems that I am aware of. Of course, there could still be problems that have not become obvious yet.

Appreciate it Prince. I think I was just being paranoid. It seems the itching has gone away.

Unfortunately the preloaded syringes are the only way my doctor gave them to me. Per him, until we get my T level dialed in to around 700-1000 he wants it this way.

I'm curious to see what level this puts me at in two weeks. I would think 200mg per week would put me pretty high.

Had another great workout today. New PR's in both incline bench and weighted pull ups. I'm down 4lbs in body weight over two weeks. Been eating at a 200-500 deficit for 13 days and my abs are definitely coming around.

The nipple itching is gone and hasn't returned so that must have just been a coincidence/paranoia.

Strangely enough, I am less than 20 hours away from my next injection of 200mg and I haven't felt any sort of crash or reduced energy/mood. Once a week is good, can't wait to move to twice a week once I get dialed in.

Are you sure about dissolving the rubber? After all, the vials that test comes in are made of rubber.

I store for up to 2 weeks with no problems that I am aware of. Of course, there could still be problems that have not become obvious yet.

I'm sure, I've seen it happen. You don't store your glass vials upside down do you? :p It takes a good three or more weeks before it even begins, and usually your oils never touch the rubber on the vials unless your shaking them about. I'm talking about oil sitting on the rubber for weeks on end.

Just something to be mindful of for sure. I preload all my TRT shots for a month, I just store them upside down.

Had another great workout today. New PR's in both incline bench and weighted pull ups. I'm down 4lbs in body weight over two weeks. Been eating at a 200-500 deficit for 13 days and my abs are definitely coming around.

The nipple itching is gone and hasn't returned so that must have just been a coincidence/paranoia.

Strangely enough, I am less than 20 hours away from my next injection of 200mg and I haven't felt any sort of crash or reduced energy/mood. Once a week is good, can't wait to move to twice a week once I get dialed in.

Glad to hear it. We tend to become super-conscious of our nipples when we're playing with estradiol lol. That's also good news. Some people don't get the crash much, others get it horribly. It's just healthy and easier to control e2 when things are constant, regardless of mood.

Since Prince mentioned it I have kept the preloaded syringes upside down. Better safe than sorry.

2 things today, the second one a little concerning.

Today was my second self-injection. No problems sticking it, and aspirating. However, yesterday I hit chest hard at the gym. When it was time to pull the needle out, my pec muscle started to cramp from the awkward angle of reaching around to my glute and caused me to jerk a little. The needle came out at a slight angle instead of straight out. It's mostly gone away now but definitely felt like I got punched in the glute for a few hours.

Now, the more concerning part. Whether my doctor or the nurse that loaded the syringes is an idiot or what. I didn't look at it last week because I figured they're competent professionals. But the needle I grabbed today was loaded to right about 1.0ml exact. Slightly slightly above. I checked the other one I have left for next week and that is at over 1.25ml. I thought 1.0ml or 1cc was 200mg of test which is what my prescribed dose is. I find this very concerning because one of them is wrong. What if this was insulin or whatever life or death medication requires a very exact amount. And should I inject all of it next week or squirt out to 1.0ml?

Last edited:
I last pinned 200mg on Friday morning (3 days ago). And yesterday and today I felt the same symptoms as a crash-super foggy and fatigued, no libido, poor erection quality and not sleeping well. Also when laying in bed it feels like my heart is beating harder.

I did force myself to the gym tonight and had a great leg workout that I just finished. But now I just want to go to bed and think I will at 9pm after eating.

Could just be a fluke and my follow up appointment is in a week and a half so we'll see what the numbers say.

Since Prince mentioned it I have kept the preloaded syringes upside down. Better safe than sorry.

2 things today, the second one a little concerning.

Today was my second self-injection. No problems sticking it, and aspirating. However, yesterday I hit chest hard at the gym. When it was time to pull the needle out, my pec muscle started to cramp from the awkward angle of reaching around to my glute and caused me to jerk a little. The needle came out at a slight angle instead of straight out. It's mostly gone away now but definitely felt like I got punched in the glute for a few hours.

Now, the more concerning part. Whether my doctor or the nurse that loaded the syringes is an idiot or what. I didn't look at it last week because I figured they're competent professionals. But the needle I grabbed today was loaded to right about 1.0ml exact. Slightly slightly above. I checked the other one I have left for next week and that is at over 1.25ml. I thought 1.0ml or 1cc was 200mg of test which is what my prescribed dose is. I find this very concerning because one of them is wrong. What if this was insulin or whatever life or death medication requires a very exact amount. And should I inject all of it next week or squirt out to 1.0ml?

Glad to hear it :)

In regards to your self-injection, don't sweat it. You'll get a bit of pip (post-injection pain) but all you did was traumatize the tissue a bit more. Not a big deal, the pain will go. Just try to be more careful in future, doing that constantly will lead to slightly more scar tissue building up. You should consider trying new injection sites - quads are very comfortable place to pin. Delts and Pecs are also very easy. See what you like.

That is rather concerning they gave you an extra dose preloaded lol. When you can, ask to move to vials so you can prep and pin everything at home yourself. I daresay they just gave you extra, not a different drug. But have a look at it, if it's not oil based then chuck it. Call the docs office and ask for more, maybe take a pic to show him. Or bring it in. I would just pin the 1ml and chuck the rest. You COULD pin it all if you've only just begun TRT... your levels will still be on the rise, and therefore the extra T will just help get you to peak levels a couple days earlier if anything.

If you're already at stable levels though, I'd chuck it. In that case it would just give you a small spike - I like to avoid fluctuations.

But the needle I grabbed today was loaded to right about 1.0ml exact. Slightly slightly above. I checked the other one I have left for next week and that is at over 1.25ml. I thought 1.0ml or 1cc was 200mg of test which is what my prescribed dose is. I find this very concerning because one of them is wrong.

I just learned something interesting about the 1-mL vials. My insurance used to cover 1 10-mL vial every 3 months. Now they only allow me 6 1-mL vials every 3 months. After I withdrew the test from the first vial, I discovered that the 1-mL vial actually contained 1.2 mL.

Perhaps the manufacturers are assuming you won't be able to withdraw the entire contents so they provide extra. But if your doctor's office gave you the entire contents of a 1 mL vial, that could explain why your syringe contained more than 1 mL.

Sounds like you have a fantastic doctor - congrats - just keep doing what you're doing.

PS - has he prescribed an estrogen-blocker?

Great news today, went to get blood drawn for test levels after 4 weeks of 200mg per week.

The doctor asked how everything was going, asked about any sides, checked for bacne.

He really went into detail this time saying he requested Total T, free T, and then also a sensative estrogen and he also asked about testicle size and did a hemoglobin rapid test.

Said to come back in a week to go over the results and that we will talk about HCG and see if anything needs to be done about estrogen levels.

I think what I thought was a doctor just handing out test was actually just him easing a patient into a new therapy so as not to overwhelm me. He probably just assumes I saw a commercial or something and can't assume everyone will do their research on a site like this.

Back