TRT Journal from Want2FeelGood

Zinc helps some not like an a.i. though.
If you're holding water, moody, falling asleep difficult...
That is elevated estro.

Today is Friday - 2 weeks from first injection | Still no effects from the Testosterone Therapy.

I do want to add that i belive my estrogen is getting quite high. I'm feeling puffy and i'm getting more acne than usual. This may not be a result of the Testosterone or it may be, i dont know.

I heard about taking 100mgs of zinc to cut down estrogen, i dont know if that actually works or not. Maybe someone could shine some light on that.

The main reason for my post is that i met with my doctor today and he told me i have Primary Hypogonidasm. So apparently my testicles are not working as they should. Which means i will be on the TRT for the rest of my life, and i'm ok with that. I will be going back in 1 month to check my testosterone levels and see if i need to up my dosage. Thats all for now, cheers everyone.

Primary hypo with 2.2 LH ?
Cmon man...
He's rush diagnosing you.
I bet you would get some increase in T from HCG/Clomid.

Do you get winded when you work out?

I can't say I get winded no. But I don't work out that much either. I deliver drywall for a living and that stuff is heavy, I get no more winded than any of the other guys working there. What would that mean if I did?

Also an observation I made, according to your posts, you really try to get people on TRT, or thinking about TRT to go toward the HCG/Clomid route. Is there a reason why? I'd doesn't seem like you are to fond of injecting Testosterone.

I don't see any bad benefits from it, I don't mind a weekly shot, and even if I tried the HCG/Clomid route there is a low percentage chance that it would work, after a lot of suffering. Even then I'm assuming my T wouldn't be as high as it should be. Just my opinion. I would be glad to hear your thoughts on it though.

Last edited:
Also an observation I made, according to your posts, you really try to get people on TRT, or thinking about TRT to go toward the HCG/Clomid route. Is there a reason why? I'd doesn't seem like you are to fond of injecting Testosterone.

I "try to get people on TRT" ?
When did this happen?

Apollon has a long history with TRT, longer than probably at least 95% of the guys on there. If I recall, he was put on TRT under dubious circumstances and understands what you are giving up by making that committment better than most - hence he is a lot more thoughtful of the alternatives than guys who just want to get on the juice.

I "try to get people on TRT" ?
When did this happen?

You basically try to get people that are on TRT, would be a better way of putting it, not in all cases, but from a few posts I read, and im curious as to the motives behind it. Basically trying to understand your thoughts on HCG and Clomid.

Last edited:
Apollon has a long history with TRT, longer than probably at least 95% of the guys on there. If I recall, he was put on TRT under dubious circumstances and understands what you are giving up by making that committment better than most - hence he is a lot more thoughtful of the alternatives than guys who just want to get on the juice.

I figured he was well educated on TRT. That's why I want to hear his thoughts on it. I have always had low testosterone, so to me this is a miracle. I guess that is clouding my judgement a good bit. Still, I would like to hear the con's of doing it. I will do some further research on the HCG and Clomid, as opposed to taking the lifelong route. I would also like to hear some more input if you guys get time. Never can have to much knowledge.

True.
What I'm trying to convey to people is:
make sure you get the right diagnosis from the get go.
Get a few medical opinions, get educated on what you are about to put into your body and ultimately are committing to.
Seeing guys that are clearly secondary hypogonadal in their twenties and put on TRT without attempting a restart or using HCG mono for a while is not an ideal approach in treatment in my opinion.

B.t.w.
I was told to go on TRT with T levels of 520-663 ng/dl.....
Lol
I had very severe sleep apnea that made me feel like shit for years and never knew it.

B.t.w.
I was told to go on TRT with T levels of 520-663 ng/dl.....
Lol
I had very severe sleep apnea that made me feel like shit for years and never knew it.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I understand what your saying now, and that makes a lot of sense. Do you know the success rate on the HCG or Clomid route? Also how much does it usually boost the Testosterone? My better days before TRT was in the low 200's, with normal days ranging in the 100's TT. It's been that way all my life, not sure why. Would taking that route boost it up to say 700-800 ng/dl? Or would it be in the 300-500 range, or does it vary from person to person?

Note: Also realize that numbers don't matter, the way you feel does, just wondering if it would be a big jump or a small one, because my T is pretty low for my age.

Last edited:
An HCG or clomid monoprotocol can boost TT anywhere from 100-400 ng/dl. If you are relatively young clomid has put many 1000 + ng/dl TT.
There was a member on here Dr. House who was on clomid 50 mg 3 times a week for 6 months and he tested 1500 ng/dl TT

That is defiantly impressive. Since its Monday I wanted to log again.

Monday - 2 weeks and 3 days into TRT | Still no noticeable positive signs. I still do not having morning erections, I took a nap during work today I was so tired, not feeling masculine, no energy, no libido, still can not get an erection when I try, the list goes on.

But on the bright side I am getting acne, so that's a plus...:(

I'll keep hanging in there, it has GOT to start picking up any day now, hopefully.

That is defiantly impressive. Since its Monday I wanted to log again.

Monday - 2 weeks and 3 days into TRT | Still no noticeable positive signs. I still do not having morning erections, I took a nap during work today I was so tired, not feeling masculine, no energy, no libido, still can not get an erection when I try, the list goes on.

But on the bright side I am getting acne, so that's a plus...:(

I'll keep hanging in there, it has GOT to start picking up any day now, hopefully.

The acne is telling you you probably need to control your E2 better... I personally would not wait for it to get worse.
Happened to me too early on TRT when my AI dose was insufficient.

Well I started taking 100mg of Zinc daily, and I am starting to see somewhat of an improvement. My acne has not gotten any worse, I actually had a sex drive yesterday (and amazing sex I might add), I'm feeling less water weight, and I felt somewhat masculine yesterday with more attention from random female strangers.

Today has been less though, I'm feeling pretty normal (as in crappy) but with slightly more energy. Nothing crazy.

I don't know where yesterday came from but it was actually kind of nice. Hope to see more of that in the future.

You are on TRT and you think the 100 mg zinc dose helped you?
I have taken zinc picolinate at that dose and it is very effective. ...
But why are you taking it? You are on TRT your body wobt use it to make endogenous Test.

You are on TRT and you think the 100 mg zinc dose helped you?
I have taken zinc picolinate at that dose and it is very effective. ...
But why are you taking it? You are on TRT your body wobt use it to make endogenous Test.

I'm not taking it to make Test, I'm taking it because I felt like my estrogen level was to high. I was getting acne, holding water weight, and feeling...uh...estrogeny....

I know that sounds weird but I can feel when my estrogen is high, it's just a gross weird feeling.

So I started taking 100mg of zinc daily and it honestly feels like it has helped. I have heard that it helps to block estrogen or even work as an AI in some higher doses.

Obviously this wont work forever or most likely isn't working as well as an actual AI, but it will have to do right now because I don't see the doc for another 3 weeks for blood results and cant really talk to him about my estrogen being high because of the trt. So for now im using this as a temporary "quick fix" until I can possibly get a real AI.

Estrogen sucks....

Amen to that.....

Today is Saturday | 3 weeks and 1 day into TRT - I think I am starting to see a small improvement in energy. I don't feel as tired when I come home from work, I seem to be slightly more motivated during work, and the shortness of breath is starting to go away. My libido and erections are still in the toilet, I'm still feeling non social or excited about much, and a list of other symptoms I still have but I can say I'm starting to see a small improvement in the energy area.

My concentration and memory are coming up very slightly, and a lot of times diminish threw out the week or day. It feels like on or around day 4 is my best day, and then the rest of the days I feel bad again. I think when it peaks I can feel the effects and start to feel a little better, but every other day is the same ol' same ol'. Which makes me think I'm going to need to increase my dosage, or just give it more time.

Today is Monday - 3 weeks and 3 days into TRT | Well it seems like I have found a pattern. 2 days after I inject I feel good, then until I inject again I feel rather crappy. Not sure what that is about. Going to stop taking the zinc, making me feel worse. Today was a pretty bad day TRT wise, so I'm going to call this a free pass day, and post tomorrow.

Back