TRT Journal from Want2FeelGood

Want2FeelGood

I want to start a Journal here to track my progress, feelings, ups and downs, and pretty much be a source of answers for anyone else who was like
me spending countless hours researching the internet to only come up with answers through a forum (you guys).

So on this forum I have found answers and I would like to give back as much as possible, and take anyone threw this that would be looking for a
guide to what the may go threw when they start.

First and foremost. If you don't desire sex like you think you should, have no or poor erections, don't feel happy and confident, are tired and moody,
depressed, have low energy, no drive, feel "feminine" and not "masculine", or just don't think you have adequate testosterone, please go get it
checked ASAP. It will be the best decision you can make in your life. If you do have naturally good testosterone, good for you, get it checked anyway.

To start.

I always knew I had low testosterone from the above mentioned. So I finally (in my late 20's), got it checked. Came back at 246, and that was on one of
my "better" days. Got put on TRT (Testosterone Cypionate 200mg every two weeks).

I'm going to leave out exact dates and whatnot for my safety and confidentiality.

Last Friday - Got my first shot, 200mg. Was told to do it every TWO weeks. Read a lot, found out about half lives. Decided my doctor is just following
a standard protocol, and knows nothing of this, so I would take it into my own hands safely and responsibly.

Saturday - Felt a placebo effect, felt more alert and concentrated, felt more "manly".

Sunday - Same thing with more energy.

Monday - Decided instead of doing it every Friday, since I work mon-fri, I would take 1 100mg shot every Monday morning. That way it would
peak during the work week, and it would be lower on the weekends, so I couldn't get in as much trouble or spend as much money on the weekends
(by partying and wanting to do things I probably shouldn't do) and be more productive during the week. Injected 100mg of Testosterone Cypionate Monday morning.

Tuesday - Did not feel anything different yet.

Wednesday - Still don't feel anything, feel a little tired today.

Going to update day by day or every few days. Then make a sort of summary as to when I finally start feeling all the wonderful thing mentioned
above. Also what changes and my bloodtest numbers and anything else I can think of. Cheers.

Today is Wednesday, Still pretty tired today although having gotten good sleep last night. I am assuming my natural testosterone production has shut down and it no longer helping produce it. In 2 days I will have been on it for a week exactly. I don't feel any good effects from it yet, and I probably wont for a few more weeks. Actually its weird, I feel better and worse at the same time. Better because I don't feel as feminine, yet worse because I am a little more tired than usual.

Weird.

An even better dosing schedule is 2x/wk. I do Monday morn and Thursday night. The peaks and troughs are too subtle to even notice and it makes estrogen much easier to control with more stable levels. Just a little insight.

An even better dosing schedule is 2x/wk. I do Monday morn and Thursday night. The peaks and troughs are too subtle to even notice and it makes estrogen much easier to control with more stable levels. Just a little insight.

Absolutely. The only reason I did not do that was because my trough would be higher when the doc went to test it and would probably not prescribe me any larger dose even if I might feel I need more. Just playing it safe for now, but will probably switch after blood test.

Today is Thursday - Woke up with an erection..... I just want to say how profound that is. I have not woke up with an erection since I can remember. Felt ok today. Nothing to spectacular. Energy was ok, didn't want to pass out and nap for 16 hours today so that's good.

I can say although that the way I felt today I haven't felt since I was 16 years old, which isn't great. But its something. Better than the last 10 years I can assure you that. Not great...but getting somewhere.

Last edited:
Absolutely. The only reason I did not do that was because my trough would be higher when the doc went to test it and would probably not prescribe me any larger dose even if I might feel I need more. Just playing it safe for now, but will probably switch after blood test.
thats genius lol

Today is Thursday - Woke up with an erection..... I just want to say how profound that is. I have not woke up with an erection since I can remember. Felt ok today. Nothing to spectacular. Energy was ok, didn't want to pass out and nap for 16 hours today so that's good.

I can say although that the way I felt today I haven't felt since I was 16 years old, which isn't great. But its something. Better than the last 10 years I can assure you that. Not great...but getting somewhere.
great to hear man! i got my first morning wood a week in as well. I was beside myself. I use to have to beat the thing with a hammer to get it up. Be prepared for surprise boners all day long from here on out lol.

It's only just beginning, wait till week 6.

It takes about 4-6 weeks for your own natural testosterone to shut down, sometimes even longer...

You'll be feeling good right now because your injections are topping off your own T - hence the boners!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but the real test will come in a few weeks when you are relying on synthetic Testosterone alone...

What I don't understand is why you do not have proof of your levels... Surely your doc is getting you tested regularly?

If so, your LH and FSH levels will indicate when your own T has shutdown...

Good luck with your progress buddy, I'm watching this one...

Thanks for the motivation guys, this really is life changing.

jozifp - I cant wait until the point where I am feeling amazing, I have no clue what that feels like so this is all going to be new a surprising to me.

bigben66 - I didn't know it took that long for my natural levels to shut down, thanks for the information. As for the proof I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean giving me the copies of my initial blood test results, he has done that. I was tested twice total and both came back in the 240's oddly enough. As far as my other levels being checked they were as follows.

Hemoglobin 13.0 (13.0 - 17.0)

Hematocrit 39.8 (39.0 - 52.0)

TSH 1.913 (0.350 - 4.500)

Ferritin 171 (22 - 322)

Transferrin 205 (200 - 360)

LH 2.2 (1.5 - 9.3)

Prolactin 16.0 (2.1 - 17.1)

All in all he checked "Normal" on the results. Although I have not got to speak to him about them yet, that will be next Friday.

How often should he be checking my T levels? The impression I got from him was that he was going to check it after a couple months....Hmm.

As far as the update goes...

Today is Friday - One week exactly from starting therapy. No boner today when I woke up today, and felt generally less than I felt yesterday, as far as energy, manliness, drive, libido (don't have one yet so no biggie there), concentration, memory, and sense of well being.

Seems like I kind of fell off a little bit, I don't know if that's related to it being day 4 of my injection, considering normally from what I have read it peaks around then (I realize everyone is different though), but that's ok I'm not going to get impatient or be a girl about things, just documenting how I feel on a daily basis.

Side note : It does seem weird though, before I started this a week ago, it was extremely easy to talk and flirt with girls. Now all the sudden I have gotten self conscious and nervous. Not sure what that is about. Maybe because im holding some water weight and feel like my shirts are to tight, lol...is all I can say about that.

The LH (Luteinising Hormone) number in your results is the key indicator as to when your own T levels have shutdown...

As you can see at the moment, you are still within range.... as your own T levels shutdown this number will drop to zero and you become reliant on synthetic test alone...

Usually the LH number goes alongside an FSH number which is also an indicator, so I'm not sure as to why this isn't there...

Perhaps one of the more informed members can chime in here?

I'm by no means a TRT expert bro... I'm still less than a year into my journey too... and still learning on a daily basis...

You are in amazing hands on this forum, there are so many helpful and experienced members who can offer fantastic information.

My advice to you is to research your arse off and ensure that you walk into every doc's appt you have, armed with relative feedback, suggestions and ideas you have gleaned from members here and formulate a workable plan going forward...

Get it right, and TRT is a life-changer.... but get things wrong and there can be a whole world of pain and anguish...

And one thing I have learned from other TRT guys on here - is that everyone is different - what works for you, might not work for me, and vice versa.

Good luck buddy...

BigBen

FSH and LH are different tests. They require a separate order. I think his physician just didn't order the FSH for some reason I can't fathom...

FSH and LH are different tests. They require a separate order. I think his physician just didn't order the FSH for some reason I can't fathom...

Ya I don't know why but he didn't get the FSH. I really feel that this "Doctor" doesn't have a clue to what's going on with Hormones, and I guess he probably shouldn't since he is just a primary doc.

A change will be made if he does not pull it together, listen to how I feel, and actually care about making me better instead of just throwing this at me in a "Well that's what the label says" kind of way.

Update on progress.

Today is Saturday - It has been 1 week and 1 day since my injection, I can't report anything new, except last night when I had my shirt off I noticed I look more cut and vascular. Most likely in my head, considering I have actually gained weight. My penis also seems bigger, but again most likely in my head. Just documenting every thing I can, even if its placebo.

Energy and the like is still low. I do feel like the first three days after the injection were better than these last 5 though. I don't know if that's in my head as well or not. I physically felt a tad bit more energy it seemed like after the injection for a few days, and then I woke up and it seemed to have disappeared.

I feel like doing the shot once a week with give a decent through when he test my T levels. I am starting to consider the fact that I might have to increase my dose after 3 more weeks or so. I'm thinking that 100mg a week probably isn't going to be enough, but that's not yet completely known. Cheers guys.

Today is Sunday - 1 week and 2 days after first injection. Feeling pretty tired and lazy today. Not feeling very masculine at all. Feeling like a bland robot that is not sure if he wants to stare at the wall or keep himself occupied by staying on the computer.

Blah.....so blah...

Aside from the bland feeling, no morning erection, no drive, no motivation, no energy. Although I can say I'm not moody. Usually I'm moody when I feel like this, but this time I am not so that is a good thing.

So basically, I feel like same as before I started the injections, without the moodiness.

I take my 100mg shot tomorrow morning.

Try to figure out "peak" & "trough" estradiol levels while on TRT. That will help you get dialed in all that quicker and easier.

Do you know what your Test levels are?
Did the doc not disclose it to you?
You are pretty low in LH. You might very well benefit from HCG or clomid before committing to live lobg suppression with exogenous Testosterone.
Remember docs do whats easy for them. Your low...oh here is some T. If you can get your body making your own T you might be better off for a while.

Yeah my test levels are in the 200's. Also I have already made the decision to commit to this program. It doesn't bother me to take a shot once or twice a week to maintain a good lifestyle, or to not produce my own anymore.

My entire life I have lived in some kind of hell, a hell where I didn't feel like a man, I was so tired I could barely stand or get out of bed, and enjoy no happiness in life.

I would rather take the shots honestly.

To fill in today.

Took my 100mg shot this morning. Family came down for fathers day yesterday, everyone decided to drink. Bad choice for me, felt terrible today. Can not guage testosterone factors when other things come into play, tomorrow will be better and more accurate.

Today is Tuesday - 1 week, 4 days after starting TRT |

I think I am becoming more assertive at times, and can see myself interacting socially a little bit more. Nothing is major though. Anything that is happening to me is happening on such a small level I really have to look hard to see it.

That is a problem in itself. The line between placebo, or any other factor that effects mood (sleep, caloric intake, etc) can come into play when looking for the smallest detail. The safest bet would be to say I have still felt no changes, but looking forward to it.

With that doing a daily journal is becoming needless. I will start doing weekly journals. The next entry will be next Monday, then the Monday after etc. That way the entry will show bigger changes in mental or physical state.

Last edited:
the assertiveness was huge for me when it kicked in. I was much more confident and outspoken then ever. this was a good and a bad thing lol. but I definitely don't take shit from anybody anymore. It definitely makes you feel dominant.

Today is Friday - 2 weeks from first injection | Still no effects from the Testosterone Therapy.

I do want to add that i belive my estrogen is getting quite high. I'm feeling puffy and i'm getting more acne than usual. This may not be a result of the Testosterone or it may be, i dont know.

I heard about taking 100mgs of zinc to cut down estrogen, i dont know if that actually works or not. Maybe someone could shine some light on that.

The main reason for my post is that i met with my doctor today and he told me i have Primary Hypogonidasm. So apparently my testicles are not working as they should. Which means i will be on the TRT for the rest of my life, and i'm ok with that. I will be going back in 1 month to check my testosterone levels and see if i need to up my dosage. Thats all for now, cheers everyone.

the assertiveness was huge for me when it kicked in. I was much more confident and outspoken then ever. this was a good and a bad thing lol. but I definitely don't take shit from anybody anymore. It definitely makes you feel dominant.

Ya I noticed that too. Makes you express yourself outloud.
I'm like that off TRT but it seems more pronounced on it.
Whatever you do, careful around feminists.
I've had a few bad run ins. .....

Back