TRT; switch from Anastrozole to Aromasin

Vince Carter

labs @ 12mg/D Cyp, .25mg EOD Anastrozole, 200iu once per week.

E2 LC/MS/MS = 14
Estradiol, Free = .44 (<=0.45)
Estradiol 20 (<=29)
TT 590
FT 160.7 (46-224)
SHBG 14
DHT 46 (16-79)

My Dr (very well known) decided to move to Exemestane when Cyp dose reductions haven't alleviated my high E symptoms...night sweats, overly hot in bed, anger/irritability issues, erection and erection quality some of the more bothersome for me. Given how much I aromatase and how much Anastrozole I (was) using...what do you think of the Exemestane dosing? We started 12.5mg E3.5D but moved to 12.5mg EOD within two weeks and I have been on that for a week now so ~3 weeks of Exem.
I had a pretty good initial week of having Anastrozole still in but leaving my system where I had spontaneous erections during the day, precum leakage and improved senstivity but that diminished once the Anastrozole was out of my system which prompted going to 12.5mg EOD.

With Anastrozole could be you will have an heavy up and down effect, because it blocks the enzymes only temporary and release it after any time and you will have a heavy problem. For low dosage using, like for men on TRT, Aromasin is the better way. It kills the enzymes and the raising after is slower and you can easy reach very flat levels, if you take it regulary.

I'm using 1/2 pill any 4 days.

I like the concept of Aromasin, better, than Anastrozole which I've used for a few years just not working well enough for me. I think in TRT we get stuck with Anastrozole because it's generic/available/affordable...when something else could work better. So far this has been a good change just on to tweaking the dose up/down. I think 12.5mg EOD is working well for me.

Also based on those labs and my Free T I went back up to 14mg/D Cyp. I wanted my trough Free T to bump the lab range, not be under.

So when I read your post and saw 84 mg/wk Test C plus 0.25 adex EOD my first thought was holy crap that's a lot of adex. Your labs seem to support that notion with low estrogen. Estradiol looks about perfect, if not a shade low. I'm not clear on what E2 is, I though it was the same as estradiol???

It could be your symptoms are not estrogen related.

Now regarding the aromasin, the E3D protocol is no good. The half life of asin is about 24 hours. As a general rule of thumb if you want steady blood levels of anything taking them on about one half of a half life gives flat levels. So really asin should be taken at least daily, and better yet split into morning and night. EOD isn't too bad, but not optimum. You might want to experiment with that.

What is your injection timing for the cyp? Going again with the half of a half life, Test C's half life is 8 days. Optimum dosing would be no longer than every 4 days. As a practical matter 2x per week works well, like Tuesday evening and Saturday morning - 3.5 days apart. Possibly another thing to experiment with if you are shooting weekly or longer.

You could try the E3.5D on the cyp and 2x/day on the asin for a while, knowing that after a few weeks to settle in your levels will be flat line stable - then you could try bloodwork and moving dosages up/down to see if you can nail a sweet spot.

So when I read your post and saw 84 mg/wk Test C plus 0.25 adex EOD my first thought was holy crap that's a lot of adex. Your labs seem to support that notion with low estrogen. Estradiol looks about perfect, if not a shade low. I'm not clear on what E2 is, I though it was the same as estradiol???

It could be your symptoms are not estrogen related.

Now regarding the aromasin, the E3D protocol is no good. The half life of asin is about 24 hours. As a general rule of thumb if you want steady blood levels of anything taking them on about one half of a half life gives flat levels. So really asin should be taken at least daily, and better yet split into morning and night. EOD isn't too bad, but not optimum. You might want to experiment with that.

What is your injection timing for the cyp? Going again with the half of a half life, Test C's half life is 8 days. Optimum dosing would be no longer than every 4 days. As a practical matter 2x per week works well, like Tuesday evening and Saturday morning - 3.5 days apart. Possibly another thing to experiment with if you are shooting weekly or longer.

You could try the E3.5D on the cyp and 2x/day on the asin for a while, knowing that after a few weeks to settle in your levels will be flat line stable - then you could try bloodwork and moving dosages up/down to see if you can nail a sweet spot.

Im in direction I think that I'm headed, 12.5mg EOD is seeming to be better than the E3.5D I was started on which I knew was not going to produce good results from the beginning.

Back