TRT Trifecta or Cycle? First cycle/trt trial

Bearded_Monkey

I'm new here, I'm 29, and 170lbs approximately 20% fat.
So I started on Test after getting a blood test at 500ng/dL, and feeling fatter, lazier, and not recovering as well from workouts.
I ran 250mg Test Cyp every week, after about 5 weeks got blood work and i was at 1400ng/dL and not really feeling awesome. I'm shooting for closer to the 800-900ng/dL range.
Cut the dose to about 150mg EW, tested again 4-5 weeks later and still at 1150ng/dL, but my estrogen spiked to 270pg/mL
Long story short, I want to try again, and I have

250mg/ml test cyp
5000 iu HCG
TAMOXIFEN 20mg
ARIMIDEX - 1mg

How should I proceed?
Should I cycle or stay on?
Is 800-900ng/dL a good target for lean mass and fat loss?
What are your thoughts on using HCG intermittently, such as one month on/ one month of, while on Test?

First off welcome to the boards! your bodyfat% is way too high to cycle. hcg should be used throughout a cycle for best performance.

Wait , how tall are you?
Couple things here need addressing. 1st off....800 to 900 is just up side of normal. You should be around 700 ish at your age. You say you are at 500? Well its doubtful that 800 will feel better than 500 and it certainly won't cause fat loss or muscle gain. These effects are reserved for above normal levels.......as in way over 1100. So normal levels will only help facilitate normal fat loss and normal muscle gain. High estrogen is more responsible for the fat gain anyway.
Second.....did you use an AI on your 250 per week protocol? You likely felt bad due to high estrogen or high hematocrit. Caused by the high test but not directly because of the high test. Make sense?

Anyway. Trying to figure out exactly where you're at right now. Sounds a lot like my personal experience. I started cruising on doc prescribed trt and blasting on ugl stuff......with levels at and over 600. Which for 40 years old ain't too bad at all. I view my decision as horribly irresponsible......but I'm still on that path for better or worse. This path requires lots of attention to bloodwork, ai, test levels, and regular blood draw of one pint every two months to control hematocrit levels. Enough about my dumb ass. Don't make the mistake I made. Learn what you are getting into and provide full disclosure on this site. Be transparent in your plans and listen to what these bros have to say. Decide what you want. Ya want normal test levels? Well you've got them. 800 will do nothing that 500 wont. Ya want to blast and cruise? Then welcome to the club. Let's share knowledge and do this thang :)
Good luck bro. Hope to hear back from you

Edit: One last thing. If ya just want normal levels then 500 ain't bad. If ya want more then you would likely raise your natural level to 750 with clomid alone. 25mg per day. Simple. Pill.....no injections.....no AI....no blood letting. If ya only want "normal or normal high", then it sounds like your body is capable of achieving this without ruining it with injections. Ok.......I'll shut up now unless prompted to keep rambling :)

Last edited:
LateStart ramble on!! You're one of very few people on multiple forums that hasn't come at me with a bunch of negativity.
So when I started this I actually thought that I WAS being cautious, I did some research and blood work and planned on doing blood work after starting. In retrospect I only thought that I was being cautious enough because of the idiots around me. A friend of a friend provided the ugl test and I knew he was kinda stupid immediately when he told me he doesn't do bloodwork, like at all. But I knew the risks and kept an eye on it, so i at least still have some hope here lol. To make matters worse, after my first blood work on test I knew i was gonna need an AI, and get this, the guy I got the test from, whom my buddy had lauded as an expert, DIDNT KNOW WHAT A FUCKING AI WAS!!! My friend literally told me "This guy could have been anything he wanted if he put as much effort into it as he has studying steriods" ...fast forward a couple months and I'm staring at a text from this "expert" that reads "Whats an aromitase inhibitor?" My buddy also decided to take test at the same time as me and I thought HE was stupid because he had no intention of doing bloodwork OR GOING TO THE GYM. He said "Just wanted to gain weight". So i'm thinking these guys I'm dealing with are stupid, turns out IM STUPID, and they are FUCKING RETARDED!

Anyhow, I got some HCG and Novla (should have gotten clomid too) and i'm a few weeks from finishing PCT, I plan to do more comprehensive blood work after that, continue research, and figure out what I want to do.
I've just done some reading only clomid only, and it is clearly worth investigating further. Thank you for the tip!

Also, why do folks keeps saying 20% is too fat to cycle? I'd like to be closer to 10% but this is literally the first time in my life i've been too fat for anything lol.

Gotcha. People say 20%is too fat to cycle for a couple reasons. First and most importantly, the higher your body fat the more you convert your test to estrogen.....or so they say. Secondly, the hard earned results do not show up very well at all under a layer of fat. If you see great results in the mirror then ya push harder and get more from your cycle. Both are good reasons to drop weight before cycling. But to each his own. Me personally....I always get confused on cycle and second guess if I am cutting or bulking or recomping. Lol

Also, why do folks keeps saying 20% is too fat to cycle? I'd like to be closer to 10% but this is literally the first time in my life i've been too fat for anything lol.

A couple reasons... The fatter you are, the more estrogen you have in your body and dialing in AI will be much harder.
But health reasons. Will be a a lot more strain on your organs, heart, liver and kidneys... Which isnt optimal when you cycle and pushing yourself to the max.

Hows your bf% looking these days, have you dropped any yet? cant do a cycle if its in your bf% is in its 20s bro.

The heavier you are, the higher your E2 levels will be and trying to stay dialed into your AI will be much more difucult.
This also puts more strain on your organs, heart, liver and kidneys to name a few and is not reccomended when you cycle and pushing yourself to your maximum levels.

Back