UFC 47 thoughts *SPOILER*

muddy

Fellow MMA fans, I really think this was the most exciting show I have ever seen. Every contest was awesome. The Neo-Samurai is my new favorite fighter!!!
The Pitbull is one bad fellow. I think Sylvia may be in trouble here....
Chuck was on! His combinations were tighter than I have ever seen them. I was shocked here! Tito did nothing to Chuck. No one has ever dismantled Ortiz like this before. You can't help but think that back to what a super focused Iceman would have done in the 03GP!!
Once again, it was incredible. What does everyone else think? MTG, Fyre, bigdaddy, I await your thoughts!!!

I'm such a fucking dip shit, I didn't even watch the damn thing. PLEASE PLEASE give me a play by play of the Chuck/Tito fight. I though Tito was going to man handle the Iceman for sure. Sylvia is an ass for being caught a second time, do you know what happened with Barnett and his whole steroid case??

Not sure about Barnett, but I believe there is bad blood between Josh and the powers that be at UFC. Last night they anounced it was indeed trace elements that have remained in Sylvia's system since the positive test nine months ago. They said he would indeed be back for a title shot.
The Tito/Chuck fight went as so:
Chuck entered the ring very loose and relaxed. He was smiling and acknowleding fans with his ring entrance.
Tito came in with Fernando Vargas pumping him up along the way. Tito comes in and throws his shirt and skull cap into the crowd and someone throws the cap back into the ring! Tito does his traditional ring run and seems to be pumped up.
The first round seemed to be a feeling out round. Tito stance was tighter that usual and his hands were higher than norm. Chuck was throwing jabs and utilizing his standup. Chucks punches didn't have the normal "loop" they normally do and seemed to be much tighter. Tito tried to shoot once or twice but missed. The rest of the entire fight was standup. The only real action happened in the last five seconds. Chuck connected with a couple of shots and a kick to Tito's head, which Tito blocked. Tito goes sorta nuts as if he is super fired up that Chuck didn't drop him and even shoves the ref into Chuck! Eddie Bravo gave Chuck the first round due to the flurry that ended the first round. Goldie, Joe, and Randy Couture are calling the fight.
The second round didn't last but about 30 seconds or so. Chuck connected through Tito's defense and backed him up against the cage and landed a flurry of punches and Tito dropped to the canvas. He was very bloody and spit out his mouthpiece as the Big John interviened to end the bout via KO. Tito stated in his post fight interview that Chuck was the better man and he opted to standup to proove he wouldn't back on his word. He said his next fight would be against Lee Murray at 200 pounds. Chuck will get the winner of the Randy/Vitor rematch it seemed. Very good ppv top to bottom. Cabbage got dropped in his fight and was cleary outmatched. The Pitbull could be the next HW champ. The only shady fight was the Wes Sims match were it seemed Sims had a bite mark on his chest after he was knocked out.

Muddy I cant believe that you said that this is probably the best fights you have seen?! I think the last UFC was better than this one with the exception of the vitor fight. Genki is amazing to watch, I thought the cabage fight got stopped a lil quickly, the sims fight was whatever, and the franca fight was cool because it was two good fighters but definately not that exciting. I thought the diaz and lawler fight was veryy good, but Diaz was very arrogant throughout which just kinda rubbed me the wrong way, he had me hoping that he was gonna get knocked out. The Tito fight was cool, I just think that Tito did the one thing that could cost him the fight, and eventually did cost him, and that was stand toe to toe with Chuck. Since he decided to fight Chucks fight, he deserved to get knocked out.

I'm speaking of such a solid undercard. I did find it to be one the most entertaining shows top to bottom. Its just my opinion here. I found Joe Rogan's broadcasting and calling better than I have ever heard as well. I agree the Carrier fight ended too soon, but why submit him to more punishment when he was bringing no offense to the fight? Its unhuman that someone can take that much punishment.

The best thing that I saw was that they actually showed all the fights due to the all the ko's. besides that I was not that impressed either!

Okay, well I thought it was an awesome card too! I was disappointed that Lawler lost but it was a great fight that's for sure. Of course I was just pumped to see Arlovski fight. I only wish he would have fought Sylvia as he was suppose to. Excellent fight though. I was happy to see Arlovski win but I too think they stopped it a little early.
I'm very happy that they showed the Genki fight. I love to watch him fight. He's always so entertaining.
Ugh, the Iceman beat Tito. :( I agree with BigDaddy in saying that Tito shouldn't have stood toe to toe with Chuck. He said he was going to do it though but it ended up costing him the fight.
I am looking forward to seeing Arlovski meet Sylvia!:D

Fyre said:
Okay, well I thought it was an awesome card too! I was disappointed that Lawler lost but it was a great fight that's for sure. Of course I was just pumped to see Arlovski fight. I only wish he would have fought Sylvia as he was suppose to. Excellent fight though. I was happy to see Arlovski win but I too think they stopped it a little early.
I'm very happy that they showed the Genki fight. I love to watch him fight. He's always so entertaining.
Ugh, the Iceman beat Tito. :( I agree with BigDaddy in saying that Tito shouldn't have stood toe to toe with Chuck. He said he was going to do it though but it ended up costing him the fight.
I am looking forward to seeing Arlovski meet Sylvia!:D
It was very dumb of tito to stand up with Chuck, why are you gonna take yourself out of your game to play to the other mans? Go in there do what you do best and what has worked for you and get your win, instead he changed his game up to prove a point that ended up in a loss.

Popichulo said:
It was very dumb of tito to stand up with Chuck, why are you gonna take yourself out of your game to play to the other mans? Go in there do what you do best and what has worked for you and get your win, instead he changed his game up to prove a point that ended up in a loss.

Yup! Dumb move Tito!!!:mad:

OK, I've watched the fight several times now. Tito couldn't shoot on Chuck. He tried twice but couldn't do it. I really believe the "choosing to stand with Chuck" was an after thought. He would have went for the gnp if the opportunity presented itself. But it didn't. The first time Chuck avoided the take down, the second time when he avoided it, Tito went for a MT clinch, but failed there to. Chuck was on Friday night.

I see what you are saying about tito trying to shoot on chuck, but if Quinton can take chuck down so can Tito. Two attempts does not equal being unable to get him to the floor, he could had clinched and went for a slam, or a sweep there are more ways to get to the ground than just shooting. I agree that tito was a fool for even attempting to go toe to toe with Chuck

I wanna see Liddell stand up and strike with Cro Cop. Cro cop owns all.

pride20_match7.jpg

Back