UFC 59 Reality Check - This Saturday Night

doublewiz

Community Veteran, Admin at IronLife.com
UFC 59 Reality Check Preview
by Matt Friezo , Team IronLife.com Staff Writer

UFC59.gif

There is alot of great fights on this card.. and As always I'm gonna try to act smart and make my picks.. "Reality Check" really is a good name for this card.. This event is gonna make, break, and show who really is the man.. Bad blood, Ego's, & Heart its all here.. Come Saturday Night get ready for a Great Night of Fights.. And here is the way I see It going..

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia

IL53UFC24.jpg

Andrei Arlovski & Matt Friezo at UFC 53

Here we go again.. The two big boys go at it again.. In the HW division There is not many big names in the UFC... So we knew this fight would happen again.. Sylvia did do good to get the chance again.. With an impressive high kick knockout of Tra Telligman, and a decision win over Assuerio Silva.. But I feel he is biting off more he can Chew.. Arlovski is the champ for a good reason. The first time they fought The Pitbull knocked Sylvia down with a nice right then finished with a heel hook to make Big Tim tapout.. Sylvia said "I took you lightly the last time" ......HUH? how do you take Arlovski easy? He is a beast.. He can get hit.. but He'll recover.. I don't see this one making it into the second round.. Arlovski 1st Round Late KO..

For full article please click here.

UFC59.gif

THE PICKS​

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia = Arlovski by KO in round 1.

- Evan Tanner vs. Justin Levens = Levens by TKO in round 1.

- David Terrell vs. Scott Smith = Smith by KO in round 3.

- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin = Forrest by submission in round 2.

- Thiago Alves vs. Derrick Noble = Alves by submission in round 2.

- Karo Parisyan vs. Nick Thompson = Parisyan by submission in round 2.

- Nick Diaz vs. Sean Sherk = Sherk by judges decision.

- Jeff Monson vs. Marcio Cruz = Monson by submission in round 1.

- Jason Lambert vs. Terry Martin = Lambert by KO in round 2.

edouble said:
THE PICKS​

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia = Arlovski by KO in round 1. WRONG (Sylvia wins by KO in the 1st)

- Evan Tanner vs. Justin Levens = Levens by TKO in round 1.WRONG (Tanner wins by Tapout(triangle choke) in the 1st)

- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin = Forrest by submission in round 2.WRONG (Ortiz wins by split decision)

- Nick Diaz vs. Sean Sherk = Sherk by judges decision.

- Jeff Monson vs. Marcio Cruz = Monson by submission in round 1.WRONG (Monson by bullshit decision)
Couldnt believe the Monson decision, the Ortiz decision, and cant believe Nick Diaz fought the way he did and then couldnt believe he lost. Gimme a break.

yah I hate Nick, He got his ass handed to him but Diego and still bitched about it i mean someone should really beat the shit out of him and see what he'll say then probably something like oh i don't think he's that good or the ref shouldnt of stopped the fight.

he did a flying triangle choke...You just dont see that alot..

Man tanner is one of my favorite fighters and I am glad to see him better.

Not bad for a guy who learned BJJ from instructional videos

Anybody looking to May when the old timers head back into the ring. It will be nice the see how the sport has evolved when we see Royce Gracie return. Personally I think he will lose, but it should be a good show.

lol why cuz arlovski lost? man he so had him but would of should of could oh well maybe hopefully another rematch and hopefully he wont try to go for a another knockout like he so stupidly did this time.

Showdowner52 said:
lol why cuz arlovski lost? man he so had him but would of should of could oh well maybe hopefully another rematch and hopefully he wont try to go for a another knockout like he so stupidly did this time.

Yes that mostly and also because I missed the Forrest fight and because he lost too. Two people I hate to see win: Tito Ortiz and Tim Sylvia.

Yah me too I think Forrest really proved himself Tito did a lot of the damage in the first round but after that it was really a great fight by Forrest. Forrest would never finish him at one time Tito's mouth piece popped out and he could of clocked him im mean there were so many openings but i guess thats why he lost because he never jumped on top of him after laying some blows and opening up Tito's defense. As for Arvloski he could of finished the fight like the first one but instead let Tim Get up instead of going for a lock.

Back