UFC on FOX 7

fitnessgeek

MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Benson Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez - for lightweight title
This is going to be a battle! Been looking forward to this one for months now. Melendez has been out of the game for a while due to injury but with the level of guys he trains with I'm not expecting any ring rust or jitters. I think Henderson is better at almost every aspect of mma except for pure boxing-at which Melendez excels at. These are 2 of the best in the business at 155 and pound for pound. I'm picking Henderson in what I feel will be his biggest challenge since coming to the UFC.

Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir
I love this match up. Frank Mir has steadily grown on me since his days of brash trash talking. He can still be a little conceided in some of this comments but at his level he can do that. Cormier is bonafide contender that can challenge for the tittle at HW or LHW-although he could beat Cain I don't feel he could beat Jon Jones (although Cain and DC have said they will never fight each other.) If it goes to the ground Mir can submit him, but if it stays standing DC will tag Mir at some point and with Mir's suspect chin that should end it. Considering DC has outstanding wrestling he can dictate where the fight goes and I think he will keep it standing so I'm picking Cormier by KO.

Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson
This will be fun. Both these guys come to fight. I'm picking Diaz in this one.

Matt Brown vs. Jordan Mein
I don't why I can't stand Matt Brown-but I do and have always hated him since the ultimate fighter days.
but if I have to pick a winner-I'll pick Brown by decision.

Hopefully this is gonna be good.
Nate Diaz vs josh thomson
I like Nate Diaz and the way the diaz brothers come to fight but it frustrates me like hell that they always make the same mistakes they never check leg kicks and take down defense ain't good they need to work on that.But they seem hard headed.And I don't know much about Josh Thomson but he would be a moron if he don't exploit those weaknesses.

Daniel Cormier vs Frank
I think also Daniel Cormier takes this.But you can't count Mir out he is a hit and miss type of guy sometimes he comes and brings it other times he just goes downhill fast.On the ground Mir has an edge and of course the stand up is his weakness against Cormier.Either way this is a good match up.

Benson Henderson vs Gilbert Melendez
I think Melendez boxing is overrated just because a guy has power don't mean he have skill.He leaves himself open a lot when he throws punches I think Benson can exploit that.Benson can take this fight however he wants it.But then again in a fight you never know what could happen....

Mir was disappointing to watch. Havent seen him fight in a while, but i was pulling for him. He got beat in just about every aspect of that fight. cormier was beast though. Went in with a gamepla, executed just about anything he wanted, and made ir his. Mad props to him. Just seemed like mir wasnt hungry for a win. Idk

Went 3 and 1-better than my last few picks-although I got my path to win wrong.
I still enjoyed the card. Mir let me down-I picked Cormier to win but I thought Mir would put up alot more fight than that.

Back