Ultimate Warrior Dead @ 54

Krazydiamond

The Ultimate Warrior, a wrestler who just days ago was inducted into the WWE hall of fame, has died at the age of 54.

The WWE released a statement on its website saying it is "deeply saddened" to hear about the passing of "one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever." The organization sent "its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans."

The cause of his death was not given.

On Monday, the iconic wrestler, whose given name was James Hellwig, addressed his screaming fans from the ring at an event.

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he said. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath."

A man's spirit is immortalized by the memory of the people who honour him, he said.

"You, you, you," he said, pointing at people in the audience. "You are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior."

He began his WWE career in 1987, and went on to defeat Hulk Hogan to become a WWE champion at WrestleMania VI in Toronto. It was his only championship, which he successfully defended for nine months.

He is survived by his wife and their two daughters.

...really interested in the cause of this

As am I, was pretty shocked to read about it this morning seeing he was just inducted into their hall of fame.

He was on raw this week, abit out of breath but all seemed well. I'm also interested to see the cause, my feeling says his heart/cardiac issues were involved but we'll see.

In the meantime I think this quote is appropriate:

"Every mans heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe its final breath. And if what the man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; if it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized." - Ultimate Warrior

I'm already hearing that it's steroids that killed him. That's the angle every time a wrestler dies. Nobody mentions how much powder goes up their nose on tour or how much they drink. Hell, last time it happened, steroids turn you into a psychopathic killer, too. Whatever happened to waiting for the autopsy?

One of my all time faves and one of the reasons I first stepped into the gym as a kid. Really hope the media doesn't blow this out of proportion. For every Ultimate Warrior there's a hundred TRT users who are having the length and quality of their lives extended by these compounds

Dude was on massive amounts of juice. Its gonna catch up eventually. RIP.

Could have been on grams and I would still call it insignificant next to the (alleged) amount of white powder he was on.
Honestly, with the combination of the two, it's amazing he even made it that long.

RIP, always crazy mirin' his physique growing up. Very glad he got to live to see his induction, it was well deserved.

Back