Viscosity of Different Oils

Always used cottonseed. That's what most pharm companies use correct? I know in the U.S. they do. How much antiox activity are you really getting from the grapeseed though? Not sure I need any more antiox...if a free radical even looks like it's forming it gets it's ass kicked in my body :insane2:

...one more thing on this topic: what method is used to determine how fast an oil goes rancid? For example it was mentioned above that grapeseed goes racid faster than safflower.

I heard that some oils can go rancid just at room temperature. not a comforting thought for stuff just sitting in the closet waiting to be injected into my ass. Anyone know anything about this?

^ I have read about Flaxseed (aka Linseed) oil, and it is said to have a relatively shorter shelf life before going rancid (especially if the oil is exposed to open air).

Quote: "The very nutrients that give flax its nutritional benefits - essential fatty acids - also give it a short shelf life, making it more expensive to produce, transport, and store."

The quote is from Flax Seeds and Flax Oil | Ask Dr. Sears®

You can do a Google search for additional info on this topic.

Not to mention pure linseed oil can spontaneously combust if left out on something like rags or paper towels. It almost burned down an entire high-rise. I would choose something besides flax/linseed.

Can someone else confirm that Cottonseed oil is used by most Pharma grade companies for the carrier in the injectable's.

Yes Sir!

Im looking at two different vials right now from a guy that's on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). One is from Pfizer called Depo-Testosterone and the other from Sandoz. Both are 10mL vials and test cyp at 100mg/ml and say 736mg cottonseed oil in each mL.

Can someone else confirm that Cottonseed oil is used by most Pharma grade companies for the carrier in the injectable's.

Not necessarily all of them. Watson's 5ml vial says sesame oil on the vial. Their 10ml vial says cottonseed oil on it so don't know what's up with that. I think cottonseed oil is the most common among pharmaceutical manufacturers.

Back