vitamin intake

Onswoll

INTENSITY IS EVERYTHING
Just out of curiousity...I train at 5:30am every morning, when I get home around 7:30am, the 1st thing I do is take a 40g protein shake and all my vitamins. My question is, I take all my vitamins at once. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, fish oil, calcium, glucosimine, multi, and sometimes iron, I was curious if taking all these at the same time would cause them to not filter into my system properly. I know each of these has its purposes, and I want to make sure that by taking them all at once, my body is taking them as they are suppose too. May be a stupid question, but Ive always been curious.

Onswoll said:
Just out of curiousity...I train at 5:30am every morning, when I get home around 7:30am, the 1st thing I do is take a 40g protein shake and all my vitamins. My question is, I take all my vitamins at once. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, fish oil, calcium, glucosimine, multi, and sometimes iron, I was curious if taking all these at the same time would cause them to not filter into my system properly. I know each of these has its purposes, and I want to make sure that by taking them all at once, my body is taking them as they are suppose too. May be a stupid question, but Ive always been curious.
vitamins a/d/e/k are fat soluable and arent going to absorb properly on just protein and im not sure theres enough fat in just a fish oil cap to help so save them for a meal with some fat . also spreading the c out is better since its water soluable and pees away throughout the day .

I agree with Dadawg but you should take fat soluble things with protein, it helps in the conversion of fat soluble nutrients into water soluble so that they can be utilized by the body.

What form are your vitamins?

If they're pills you really should be spacing them out throughout the day. If they are cheapo vitamins some of the binders might not break down in which case you don't see any of the benefits. so you should definitely be spacing them out.

Last edited:
Back