Water Depletion before a show??

fatchops

I just wanted to start up this thread and maybe I can get some replies.

Well I have been reading for a few months and I found out that a lot of people use a couple of methods. This is all assuming were a week out from show time.

1. Using the tapering method for example;
mon-2 gall, tue 2 gall, wed 1.5 gal and so on.

2. Drink as much water possible until 1 or 2 days out then cut it.

Well I have found that loading water into your system and then cutting if off will work far much better.

O.k I say about two weeks out just start guzzeling water down, all the way until fri at noon the week of the show. If you taper your water intake it never gets out of your system. This is my opinion but right what you guys do.

Thats the best way to do it.....waterload until sometime on the friday, and then cut it out........don't taper water the last few days.
High water intake inhibits ADH release (high blood volume --> low anti-diuretic hormone release --> less water reabsorption in the kidneys)
....Since ADH is supressed from the high water intake, once you cut out water you will lose more because less is reabsorbed as it is cycled through the kidneys.........it usually takes at least a couple of days until ADH secretion is back to normal (via feedback loop), so you don't want to cut it out too early.

Tapering water causes ADH secretion to increase in response to the slow reduction in water intake. Its counterproductive to taper water.....NEVER DO IT!!!

The big question is, at what time exactly do you cut it right out......and how much, if any, diuretics do you take. But water manipulation.....no tapering.

A'ight "MARIO", you'd better be right cuz it's the method I'm planning on using. Durabol, good info, thanks for the additional explanation. Makes sense to me.

You also need to reduce your sodium intake 10 days out. This way your body will flush out all your existing sodium during your high intake period, so that when it comes time your body will have no sodium to retain water.

Wow

pipes said:
You also need to reduce your sodium intake 10 days out. This way your body will flush out all your existing sodium during your high intake period, so that when it comes time your body will have no sodium to retain water.

Ten days Pipes? That seems a little long from some of the practices I've seen, more like 7 or so. Got any more info bro?

10 days with no sodium your body will fight back, way too long!!IMO
i taperd my water and was in pretty good shape!! it may work the other way also!! different strokes for different folks~

10 days is far too long...I took out sodium 3-4 days out.

Tensity...the method I used was from Toolifter, i think he has an article about it I think.

Back