Weight gainer after a workout question....

Saiyan

Iv been taking my "full" amount of weight gainer immediately after my workout. how long should i wait after to eat an actual meal? is there anything i should stay away from? or do?

please note i train in the evening, usually end around 8 or so maybe b4, and thats when im taking my gainer/ eating a meal about 45-hr after. any advice plz???

Which weight gain powder are you drinking? Take it PWO if the protein is ALL whey.

A PPWO meal 45 - 60 minutes is good.

the gainer im using is actually brand new and freakin expensive. its by xience(ufc marketing brand). sorry if i spelt it wrong. the calories r like 340 for 3 scoops. it includes like 50 grams carbs, and 40 grams of protein, and awhole lot of shit. is this fine. im using this as a meal replacement, so say if i dont have time to eat. and i would drink it right after a workout. so can i still eat after that? im thinking its bad, cause its to much calories to digest at once? ill just end up shitting it out no? i dont know, plz give feedback.

get home have a steak or get home and have a shake aint goona matter. But 2scoops whey protein and 1cups oatmeal is about 50grams of protein and 50 grams of carbs.

Saiyan said:
(the weight gainer) is this fine. im using this as a meal replacement, so say if i dont have time to eat. and i would drink it right after a workout. so can i still eat after that? im thinking its bad, cause its to much calories to digest at once? ill just end up shitting it out no? i dont know, plz give feedback.
Probably full of sugar.

Although I suppose that many guys just add sugar to their PWO shake, anyway.

here it is:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/xy/xgain.html

Serving Size: 3 Scoops (106g)
Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 390
Calories from fat 25
Total Fat 3g 4%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 6%
Cholesterol 10mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 50g 17%
Dietary Fiber 2g 6%
Sugars 15g
Protein 43g

Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 50%
Vitamin 80%
Vitamin 15%
Vitmain 2%
Thiamin 13%
Riboflavin 60%
Niacin 15%
Vitamin B6 20%
Folate 6%
Vitamin B12 90%
Biotin 140%
Pantothenic Acid 40%
Calcium 45%
Iron 15%
Phosphorus 40%
Iodine 60%
Magnesium 15%
Zinc 15%
Selenium 10%
Chromium 25%
Chloride 10%
Sodium 12%
Potassium 35%

Ingredients:
Whey protein concentrate (from milk), carbohydrate blend (maltodextrin, fructose), milk protein, cocoa, creatine monohydrate, glutamine, natural flavors, stabilized soy bean oil, guar gum oil, bcaa blend (l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine), potassium chloride, vitamin and mineral blend.

use it post exercise and move on.

I eat before then about 45/1 hr after i use cytogainer,then eat a big meal a couple hrs later, then a a smaller meal before bed.

anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours u shoudl consume a meal after your post workout shake

BTW, you can make your own weight gainer for a lot cheaper then you buy the powder for and it's probably much less of a "waist gainer"

2 table spoons peanut butter
2 cups of milk non fat
3 scoops of protein
2 cups of oats

blend , its like 1000 cals.. it's mnot ideal for PWO though

skarhead1 said:
anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours u shoudl consume a meal after your post workout shake

BTW, you can make your own weight gainer for a lot cheaper then you buy the powder for and it's probably much less of a "waist gainer"

2 cups of milk non fat
3 scoops of protein
2 cups of oats

just reading that makes it taiste nasty!!! lol, thanks tho, but i think will stick to my whey...

skarhead1 said:

2 cups of milk non fat
3 scoops of protein
2 cups of oats

i dont see how this guys wt gainer of 390 cal will go too his waist, but your 1000cal home made wt wont?

mranak said:
Probably full of sugar.

Although I suppose that many guys just add sugar to their PWO shake, anyway.
when you say sugar do you mean sugar sugar, or heavy in easily digest carbs that will be quickly converted to sugar. concidering that fact that ALL CARBS are utilized/transformed into glucose. which therefore means all carbs=sugar

It depends a little bit on how worn out you are after the weightraing workout. The more tired you are, the more carbs you should take. Generally, a post workout nutrition shake should consist of roughly 50 grams of protein and 85-100 grams of carbs, and around 30 grams of sugar. My weight training workouts right now are so physically taxing that I ussually take a post workout shake AND fruit juice mixed with creatine, which is already mixed with carbs. Im taking MASS FACTOR for my post workout. There has been some debate on how long you should wait after the workout. I have experienced best results from taking the post workout shake IMEDIATELY after the workout. My body needs it badly. DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR CARBS POST WORKOUT!!! - even if it is late at night. This is THE time to have carbs. Your muscles will soak them up like sponges. I then try to have a whole food meal two hours later. That should be a more normal meal, with the carbs at most equaling the protein.

Back