Weight not dropping during cut with 250mg test-e

FatInAsia

I'm almost 40 and need to lose 18kg. I'm currently 100kg (220# and 5'10"). I visited a local clinic in Asia and legitimately got a prescription for test-e. I know many suggest taking more, but I told the doc I'd prefer 125mg/twice a week if he felt it would work. Got my baselines and stayed near the clinic 3 weeks to ensure my AI was dialed in nicely (my E2 is the same as before injections and Test is >1500). My diet was not perfect while at the clinic, but now I'm home and returned to eating based off macros. I average 80g fat, 80g carb, 30g fiber, 180g protein (1760 calories, I know it's a little low) and 6 liters of water minimum per day. My fat comes from coconut oil, chili oil, eggs, fish oil, nuts and a little from meat or dairy. Protein is mostly from whey, chicken, pork or eggs.

I also supplement with Orange Triad, 3g EPA/DHA, ZMA (bed time only) and plant sterols & psyllium fiber. The fish oil and multivitamins are spread out at meal times. I overdo it on fish oil, plant sterols and fiber because it seems to really keep my cholesterol in check.

I workout 7 days a week, and sit on my ass a lot otherwise while working on college stuff. I do a routine similar to PHAT routine because I like it and find it easy to stick with. I do 20 minutes cardio a day, except on non lifting days I do an hour. So it's a LIFT/LIFT/CARDIO/LIFT/LIFT/LIFT/CARDIO schedule that repeats.

I felt like all was in check, and expected to see 1.5kg (3#) a week weight loss. But at the end of the first week my weight has dropped only .3kg(under 1lb). I weigh myself daily upon waking.

I can think of three reasons
1. I'm failing at measuring my food. It's doubtful, as I measured before and lost 1kg a week. I have a scale and put all my food into Excel to track it.

2. Water gain? Can I really be retaining that much water to offset the weight loss? I drink tons and sweat massive amounts

3. Muscle gain? I thought gaining muscle wasn't likely when cutting fast. Or could it be that taking my test from 400 to >1500 allows for some muscle gain because of the 18kg of fat in my body?

I know my calories are lower than most would suggest. My plan was to keep calories around 1800 until I reach my end goal of 180# (82kg). That would allow fast weight loss now when I'm extra fatty, and slow weight loss as I get thinner and no tweaking of my diet.

My next blood work is in 20 days. After that it's every six weeks.

What's your feedback? Why is my weight not dropping and where am I messing up?

You won't see significant changes after only a week of training. Why did the doctor prescribe you test? Are you planning to be on TRT for the rest of your life? That's what that doctor is setting you up for.

Setting your caloric deficit for 1.5kg/wk loss is too much. I.e. You probably need to up your calories slightly.

Do you have some specific requirement to lose weight? Do you care what you weigh or how you look? You will gain muscle with the test. Muscle weighs more than fat. You can get slimmer while weighing more easily with the work you're putting in and the diet. Stop worrying about weight alone.

I'm cutting on test currently at a caloric deficit that should drop 1kg/wk. However, due to the test, I'm at the same weight I started at 10 weeks ago. I've lost a lot of fat while gaining a lot of muscle. The changes in my body are remarkably good. I've gained plenty of muscle while on a caloric deficit. The scale is a poor indicator of how your fitness plan is working. How are your clothes fitting? Can you see more muscle definition? Vascularity? Has your BF gone up or down?

Just be patient and stick with what you are doing for the next 3 week and then evaluate your progress. Too soon to determine at this point. Go to the diet section and post your diet for 3J to evaluate.

Last edited:
The prescription is for TRT, but it's optional. He knows my goal of losing mass amounts of body fat while retaining muscle is why I wanted the prescription. This could end up being a 16 week cycle if I decide to see how my natural production is after lower body fat. My levels were 400 before, so he (and I) both feel that when my body fat is under 10% at 180# I can likely stop taking it and see how my body adjusts. The option to continue at 200-250mg/week for life is on the table if I desire it.

Five years ago I was at 180 and 10% BF, I'd just like to get back to that. I'd be happy at 185 and 10% as well. It's a goal for me, mainly to have more energy and feel & look better. I'll take a picture every 3 weeks as it seems the easiest way for me to tell. The mirror seems to lie sometimes.

And I'm in Cambodia, which sucks for supplements. My doc is in Thailand. And in June I'm moving to Japan.

Welcome to the forums! So you started off with 250mg of Test-e per week because you prefer to take that amount? What did you base that decision on, how much studying did you do before you started? Did you come here to these forums and ask for advice or anyone besides a doctor who just wants a payday?

I had read up on various forums. I saw a lot of recommendations for 500mg/week, but there are guys cruising at 250/week for years without issues. Other people swear less than 1000mg/week is a waste. As I've never used any, I see no harm in starting low and seeing how it goes and adjusting if needed. My blood levels are 4 times what they were, and above any suggested American doctor range. I would see better results at 1000mg, but don't know if it's worth it.

I had been working out for 2 months already, my diet was in check and base test was at 400. At 1500-1800 I should see benefits, with minor(or no) side effects.

I understand the docs want a payday, but if that's all they wanted shouldn't they have pushed for 500mg+ per week?

So, I based the decision off trying to avoid side effects and minimizing the drugs I have to take. I can always add more if I feel it's inadequate.

I have three words for you "hit up 3j". 3j is our diet coach around here and has some great specialized programs he can cater for people.

Getting your ai dialed in while being in week 3 of test e is crazy! Test e needs 4-6 weeks to fully kick in. It is very likely your estrogen has gone up significantly. With that being said, fitness chicks cut on around the calorie amount you are trying to do. Might want to re-evaluate everything you got going on. Your test levels most likely won't be better after running a "cycle". Test shuts down your natural test. I don't see it being over 400 afted. Might be even lower. You really should do more research...

In the docs defense he wanted me to stay a month, but I couldn't. My first injection was April 18th, I had two blood tests while there and will have my next on the 29th.

So you're saying after a cycle test level never return? I was under the impression they would be lower for a while, then slowly return to baseline. I had read somewhere that people that went from high body fat to reasonable (8-10%) BF with added muscle can see their body return to a higher test level. If I couldn't get my test levels up over 400 again it wouldn't be an issue to continue getting shots.

What a cluster... working out 2 months ? gain muscle mass with Test and only 1800 calories a day? IMOP it will not happen. You cane keep what you have and tighten it hard and loose fat BF% but not enough to feed the growth of MM.

That's the only thing I got here. :wavey:

I had read up on various forums. I saw a lot of recommendations for 500mg/week, but there are guys cruising at 250/week for years without issues. Other people swear less than 1000mg/week is a waste. As I've never used any, I see no harm in starting low and seeing how it goes and adjusting if needed. My blood levels are 4 times what they were, and above any suggested American doctor range. I would see better results at 1000mg, but don't know if it's worth it.

I had been working out for 2 months already, my diet was in check and base test was at 400. At 1500-1800 I should see benefits, with minor(or no) side effects.

I understand the docs want a payday, but if that's all they wanted shouldn't they have pushed for 500mg+ per week?

So, I based the decision off trying to avoid side effects and minimizing the drugs I have to take. I can always add more if I feel it's inadequate.

There is some sketchy info you got from "other forums". Anything under a gram of test is a waste? T levels bounce back on their own after a cycle? Stick around here and arm yourself with knowledge. You've got a lot to learn and you'll find great information here provided by RESPONSIBLE AAS users. Please read the stickies on this forum and also on the TRT forum.

Your idea about taking picture to track your progress is good. Post back after three weeks and give us an update.

I never said it bounces back on it's own, although you can find numerous guys that quit TRT cold turkey, felt like shit and after 4 months their test levels returned to pre-TRT levels. With proper PCT that time can be reduced drastically.

Other studies have shown guys that go on TRT, lose 35# of fat and come of TRT with proper PCT end up with with new baseline levels that are higher (again giving a few months to get levels stable). This is what I am hoping for.

And there are guys that swear on 1 gram/week. More swear on 500mg/week and I opted for 250mg/week after reading reviews of others experience.

Not sure what I've said that is wrong so far.

I have enough test-e to last 6 months, enough AI for 6 months and clomid. The only thing I'm lacking is HCG, which the doc will give me later if I ask for it. He thinks I'll opt to stay on TRT forever, but I'd like to come off for 3-4 months and see what my test levels level off at before I decide.

Stay at 250 a week. I wasn't criticizing your actions, only pointing out the misinformation you had read and not dismissed. Good luck!

I'm sure 500mg/week yields better results. But it also hits HDL more, which is the main reason my doc preferred 250mg (I had to email to get more info). He said he's against going above 300mg, as it's my first cycle and there's no telling how my HDL will respond. he wants to give it 10 weeks to see what my labs say. Until then I have a nice high fiber, high fish oil, nutty diet with 20 minutes cardio upon waking daily. I'll lift in the afternoon.

I never said it bounces back on it's own, although you can find numerous guys that quit TRT cold turkey, felt like shit and after 4 months their test levels returned to pre-TRT levels. With proper PCT that time can be reduced drastically.

Other studies have shown guys that go on TRT, lose 35# of fat and come of TRT with proper PCT end up with with new baseline levels that are higher (again giving a few months to get levels stable). This is what I am hoping for.

And there are guys that swear on 1 gram/week. More swear on 500mg/week and I opted for 250mg/week after reading reviews of others experience.

Not sure what I've said that is wrong so far.

I have enough test-e to last 6 months, enough AI for 6 months and clomid. The only thing I'm lacking is HCG, which the doc will give me later if I ask for it. He thinks I'll opt to stay on TRT forever, but I'd like to come off for 3-4 months and see what my test levels level off at before I decide.

Where are all these numerous guys that quit trt at? I'm curious...

Where are all these numerous guys that quit trt at? I'm curious...

This forum doesn't have much, but Google Quit TRT and you'll find plenty. Baselines return, and if thee person has lost significant body fat and gained muscle their new natural levels are usually higher.

Back