westside barbell training

DaBlob

Hey got a question here, would you do the same primary exercise on dynamic day as you did on maximum effort day earlier in the week.

Depends on where you need work and what your weak points are but usually, no. You'd want to work another area of weakness

Ok so how do you figure out the percentage on the dynamic day? If your squat 1 rep max on max effort day was 405 and you did box squat on dynamic day you would use 200 lbs?

Ok so how do you figure out the percentage on the dynamic day? If your squat 1 rep max on max effort day was 405 and you did box squat on dynamic day you would use 200 lbs?

You would work your way from 50-60%. I have slightly modified my routine to reflect the equipment that I am using that day (belt, wraps, or groove briefs).

Ok I get it, the wave they talk about. 50 55 and 60.. So the last post of mine was fundamentally correct yes?

Right got it. Lol this program is beautiful because of its versatility. But can be complex in some ways. Depending on weak spots 2 weEks looks like this 405 squat me day, = 200 squat de day. Next week deadlifts 585 me day, rack pulls for 275. Right. Now good mornings would probably be my weak spot (never even done one lol) so how would that work into equation is 275 a doable weight?

Right got it. Lol this program is beautiful because of its versatility. But can be complex in some ways. Depending on weak spots 2 weEks looks like this 405 squat me day, = 200 squat de day. Next week deadlifts 585 me day, rack pulls for 275. Right. Now good mornings would probably be my weak spot (never even done one lol) so how would that work into equation is 275 a doable weight?

Your ME and your DE days for any exercise will be based on your 1RM for that exercise. Your squat cant be the basis for any other exercise.

It is a beautiful program. It can get very complex when you consider ballistic work and rep work. If you would like to find a simpler program based on westside fundamentals, I would recommend Brandon lilly's cube method.

Sure thats helpful, get me in the groove. I think my understanding of this is getting there though. Its basically when you do a deadlift for example if you notice your having trouble at the top do some dynamic rack pulls, or if your trouble is thr bottom then some good mornings.. thanks for that info again im a check it out

Sure thats helpful, get me in the groove. I think my understanding of this is getting there though. Its basically when you do a deadlift for example if you notice your having trouble at the top do some dynamic rack pulls, or if your trouble is thr bottom then some good mornings.. thanks for that info again im a check it out

If you have a problem at the bottom, I find that the best exercise for me is a deficit pull. They have made me more explosive than dynamite in a microwave.

Sometimes I use the cube method because it gives me more time to recover from an injury. You still use ME, DE, Rep, and Ballistic lifting--but you rotate each through a weekly cycle. I.E.--ME squat, DE deads, Rep Bench. Week two rotates each....so forth and so on.

Yup that makes perfect sense to me absolutely. Hey do me a favor and pm me I wanna ask your private opinion.

Back