What does this bloodwork mean!??

thenotorious

Just got my bloodwork back, it was done at a big clinics and it is missing units(!) so i need help..

Testosterone: 13,8 --> Ok, i know this is 398ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 52,8 --> i got no idea
S-DHEA: 8,4 --> i got no idea
S-PSA: 0,85
S-ALFA FP: 0,7 --> i dont even know what this is(!)
S-ANDROSTENEDIONE: 5,7

S-TSH: 1,91
FREE T4: 12,6
FREE T3: 5,2
FSH: 2,1
LH: 4,9
ESTRADIOL-17 beta: 0,10
PROLACTIN: 9,6

I guess the bloodwork is not meant for the patient so it doesn't have units..

can somebody decrypt this?

Blood work should come with units and reference ranges. If they weren't provided you should ask for them.

Hypogonadal is below 300ng/dl. Average for a healthy male is around 600ng/dl. So you may be low but you aren't hypogonadal.

Time of the blood draw is very important too. Was your blood drawn first thing in the morning?

The rest seems to look fine.

well not really the first thing in the morning because of all the waiting.. it was around 11am

how DO my free T and DHEA LOOK?

Hypogonadal is below 300ng/dl. Average for a healthy male is around 600ng/dl. So you may be low but you aren't hypogonadal.

Well thats news to me, every time I have seen hypogonadism defined there isn't a number. Not to mention that would mean Lab Corp's reference ranges are inaccurate.

Well thats news to me, every time I have seen hypogonadism defined there isn't a number. Not to mention that would mean Lab Corp's reference ranges are inaccurate.

Yawn.... We have had this discussion before... There is plenty of medical literature on the subject that you can refer to regarding commonly accepted standards for hypogonadal and borderline hypogonadal.

Ok then post it. You keep saying there is a ton but you never provide any specific sources.

I laugh a little inside each time you basically say that 299 ng/dl is hypogonadism and 301 is not. I mean the Lab Corp range is 348-1147 and there are plenty of sources that cite 400.

None, like you, mention Free T of course...... I think you guys are still living in the 80's

Last edited:
Ok then post it. You keep saying there is a ton but you never provide any specific sources.

I laugh a little inside each time you basically say that 299 ng/dl is hypogonadism and 301 is not. I mean the Lab Corp range is 348-1147 and there are plenty of sources that cite 400.

None, like you, mention Free T of course...... I think you guys are still living in the 80's

400? I though you just said a number is never defined. And borderline hypogonadal does include a Free T reference. So I absolutely did mention Free T.

There never is when talking about a definition, but ranges are mentioned. You are the one that comes into every thread talking about "you may have been low but you dont have hypogonadism" lol

Its like seriously you diagnosed him from a one liner on a Board? lol Great job!

Last edited:
Hyperthyroidism
Hypothyroidism
Hypertension
Orthostatic Hypotension
Hypercholesterolemia
Hyperglycemia
Hypoglycemia
Hypogonadism
Etc

What do they all have in common? One thing is that doctors use objective measurements and actual numbers to help define them. What a novel idea. Numbers... Even you use numbers/measurements right after you say numbers aren't part of the diagnosis. If I am stuck in the 1980's you seem to be stuck in the 18th century. What's next? Leeches to cure your Low T?

Ok guys. This time i have done something thats never been done before. I administered Test P 10mg EOD for 4 doses(7 days) and on the 8th day i went to get my blood drawn. The results were:
Total Testosterone 495ng/dl
Estradiol: 35 ng/l
My results before were between 384ng/dl and 421ng/dl(before i used steroids). So that is the highest i've ever been.

I don't know my natural numbers for estradiol but i think and feel that it is slightly elevated.

What do you think of this result?

400? I though you just said a number is never defined. And borderline hypogonadal does include a Free T reference. So I absolutely did mention Free T.

Hey bro I THINK I sent u a message today not sure if it went through I don't know how to use the message system well on the mobile site :,(

Saw this today and thought of you Mega:

The study participants were 200 adult men aged 20 to 77 years who had been referred for management of borderline low testosterone, defined as levels of 200-350 ng/dL.

50 Shades of Gray: Depression Common in Borderline Testosterone

So now "borderline" low testosterone is 200 - 350 ng/dl?

Which would mean that "hypogonadal" refers only to patients under 200 ng/dl?

Man this is getting really confusing, seems to me like no one really knows :)

PS they didn't mention Free T at all.

Last edited:
Back