What is the best casein protein?

Vennom96

Anybody know of a good micellar casein protein that is all or mostly all casein protein, not a blend of this and that and blah blah blah. And also a reasonably priced one. Please post sites.
Thank you

I don't know. Most people prefer a blend. I went with a 50/50 whey/casein blend, which just showed up today. This was mainly for price reasons; if I had a bit more money I probably would have gone a bit heavier on the casein.

AssItch said:
I don't know. Most people prefer a blend. I went with a 50/50 whey/casein blend, which just showed up today. This was mainly for price reasons; if I had a bit more money I probably would have gone a bit heavier on the casein.

Where did you buy it from?

simpllyhuge said:
what about milk isolate protein, wouldnt that be like 30 percent whey
and then 70 percent casein. i]

I suppose that would work, though I've never heard of anybody using 100% milk protein isolate.

Oh, to answer the other question, I got my blend at trueprotein.com also. Damn good place.

Low fat cottage cheese is a great source of casein. I like to use milk isolate protein. I think the 70/30 casein/whey ratio is probably pretty close. It's carb/lactose free, so I have no idea why more people don't use it. It's cheap, digests slowly, and has a very good BCAA profile. Great while cutting.

Check out "Driver" protein by HSN... My tub lists the "Driver Protein Blend" as: micellar casein, calcium casienate, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin.

Back