What's the point of a non-sterile syringe filter?

GymLift

For example Daigger has syringe filters ... suck as a 30mm 0.2µm 100 pack for $133. But they aren't sterile.

Web links don't work on Daiggers website, but to to http://www.daigger.com, search by Daigger part number, and enter 8439A in the search box to see 'em.

Seems like somebody mentioned that non-sterile syringe filters could still be used as long as we put a little oil through them first?

Trying to find the best deal on syringe filters.

Last edited:
The point is they still sterilize just fine, but they arent necessary guaranteed sterile on the outside becuase they havent been processed and vaccuum packaged as such. I use non-sterile ones all the time, I run 2cc of isopropyl alcohol through them, followed by 5cc of oil to purge it all out. Then its ready to go.

So where do you buy your syringe filters? You think this 100 pack from Daigger is the best I'll be able to find? Or do I really need to go with Whatman?

If your going to buy a LOT, go with whatman. They are the best hands down, clog the least and probably do a more consistant job in real sterilization. Ive had my bouts of RAGE over the insanely shitty quality of Millex's millipore filters. I bought 50 of those years back. Think about it like, for an extra 30 cents a filter i could have had whatmans (as I throw another blown clogged filter in the trash cursing).

Back