Whey Protein dosage

Ok, thanks for the advice. It helped.

Quick question. I know that if you leave creatine in water too long it renders it use less basicly... Something about a reaction between the two. So my question is what about whey protein? How long can I leave it in water befor it's useless?

thanks

Now this is just me, and trust me, I do see how my method is very different, but I mix 7 scoops of SportLab whey with 1 scoop of Glutamine Peptides and 1.33 Litres (1/3 gallon) of skim milk. This yields me a total of:

187 grams of protein
76 grams of carbs
13 grams of fat

I then divide this into 3 equals servings. These are always my last 3 meals of the day. One after my workout at 9 pm. One right when I go to bed at midnight and the last one in the middle of the night. I usually set my alarm for 4 am, drink it and fall right back asleep. The middle of the night shake is not for everyone. I just like to keep my metabolism going non-stop and dont like for my muscles to go 8 hours without any form of protein.

I guess the moral to my whole example of what I do is that you should do it whatever way you see fit. you should have a plan in mind anyways with how much protein you want to consume per day, how many carbs, etc.. Then from there you make out your diet and plan your meals accordingly.

Last edited:
Man, that is one huge shake!! I think anything from 30-45 grams per serving is good. Protein will not go bad in water or milk as long as it's kept refrigerated. The middle of night shake is one of my practices too. It's a great way of adding extra protein to your diet and keeping a constant flow of amino acids through the body/muscles.

Oh ya, Im big on the mid-sleep shake. Been doing it for a couple years now. Sure, you miss one every now and then cus you totally sleep through your alarm but its no big deal.

Personally I think 30-45 grams of protein per serving a little too low for me. These 62 gram protein shakes I drink actually fill you up nicely and you dont go hungry like after drinking some other shakes. Keeps me from nibbling on any junk cus Im usually pretty full from the shake.

BiggieSwolls said:
Oh ya, Im big on the mid-sleep shake. Been doing it for a couple years now. Sure, you miss one every now and then cus you totally sleep through your alarm but its no big deal.

Personally I think 30-45 grams of protein per serving a little too low for me. These 62 gram protein shakes I drink actually fill you up nicely and you dont go hungry like after drinking some other shakes. Keeps me from nibbling on any junk cus Im usually pretty full from the shake.

How much protein do you consume each day?

A few years ago when jay Cutler was just up and coming, I read an interview where he stated that he was big on the "middle of the night" protein shakes.

Back