Which is good diet food?

^ Everyone is right here. However, to lose weight/bodyfat, you need to be within a caloric deficit, that is to say eat less than you normally would. 300-500 calorie deficit should suffice. If you are exerting more energy/calories than you consume you will lose weight. Eating the right types of food will enable you to lose weight at a faster rate.

Foods such as the above. Complex carbs, Lean Protein, Healthy fats. Fibrous Carbs. Look these up if you are uncertain. Aim to get in the bulk of your carbohydrates during the day + PWO, then reduce your carb intake and add more protein + fats as the day goes on.

Best of luck.

High volume/low/no calorie foods.

Rice cakes, TONS of vegetables, coffee, egg whites, overnight oats are my favorites. And of course diet pops and sugar free jello

Hi there all, what would you say would be a good protein to get and maybe a pre workout, as i have only just started going to the gym and want to see results and feel great

Thanks for this!!! It really helped.

Dieting can be downright difficult, especially if your diet includes foods you don't particularly enjoy. After all, how much cabbage soup can a person stand? The good news is that there are thousands of diet foods that are healthy, taste great, and can help you stick to your weight loss plan. Visit any grocery store to witness the explosion of lower-calorie, lower-fat, or portion-controlled options.

Here are just a few of the best foods for dieters:

1. Calorie-Controlled Snacks. Plenty of consumers are buying the 100-calorie (more or less) snack packs of everything from chips to cupcakes, but are they really the answer for weight loss?

Carolyn O'Neil, RD, author of The Dish on Eating Healthy and Being Fabulous, likes calorie-controlled packages because they eliminate the chance for mindless overeating. "Foods packaged in 100-calorie packs do the work and calorie math for you so you can enjoy snacking on foods that need to be enjoyed in limited amounts," she says.

Quaker Mini Delights (90 calories) and Hostess 100-calorie cupcakes are among the more addictive options.

But Lona Sandon, MEd, RD, says that though these snacks can satisfy a sweet tooth, "many of them won't fill you up for very long, and can't replace a more nutritious snack."

Sandon suggests checking the ingredient list and nutrition facts on the package. "Look for products that offer some nutritious benefits, such as ones that contain less than 3 grams fat, less than 140 milligrams sodium, 15 grams or less sugar, and are made from whole grain with about 2 to 3 grams fiber and about 7 grams protein," says Sandon, assistant professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.

2. Healthier Fast Food. Fast food restaurants don't have to spell disaster for dieters. Try Quiznos' Flatbread Sammies without cheese or dressing (all less than 250 calories,except the Italiano) or a small Honey Bourbon Chicken sub (275 calories); Taco Bell's Fresco-style items (less than 180 calories); McDonald's Southwest salad with grilled chicken (290 calories without dressing); or any of Subway's subs with 6 grams of fat or less (230-380 calories).

3. Low-Fat and Fat-Free Dairy Products. Milk, yogurt (solid, frozen, and drinkable), cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese are available in lower-fat varieties that offer both healthy nutrients and great taste. Laughing Cow light cheese has only 35 calories per individually wrapped wedge, and Yoplait Fiber One nonfat yogurt combines yogurt crunchy cereal for a fiber boost and only 50-80 calories per 4 oz. cup.

Fat-free half-and-half is a suitable substitute for heavy cream with a fraction of the calories. And lower-fat and fat-free cream cheese and sour cream can easily pitch-hit for their fattier counterparts, particularly in recipes.

i hope this helped.

I lost 80 pounds eating a raw, whole-foods, plant-based diet. I wasn't calorie deficient at all. In fact, I now eat more calories then when I weighed 80 pounds more. It isn't about how much you eat, it is about what you eat. All calories are not created equal.

I lost 80 pounds eating a raw, whole-foods, plant-based diet. I wasn't calorie deficient at all. In fact, I now eat more calories then when I weighed 80 pounds more. It isn't about how much you eat, it is about what you eat. All calories are not created equal.

Thats great congrats, I guess it all depends on what your looking for, to build muscle and burn fat, or to just shred the pounds off.

Back