Who heats there Fina?

Who heats there Fina?

• I use heat to sterilize my Fina!

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • The whatman filter is good enough for me!

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Im no chemist...I always buy mine!

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

ruquick

Wanted to see how many people out there use heat when making there Fina. It seems that some people say the whatman filter is enough and others use heat evey time to sterilize the final product.

never did, i just let it dissolve overnight. I am not reallyl sure if heat does anything, if you want to be cautious pick up some .22 microns and run it through that after you run it through the .45's they give you with the kit.

I have always used heat in the past to help disolve the pellets and to sterilize the final product. This time I just did the coffee filter method and took my time. Since there has not been any heat used at all so far I am thinking about just trying it with out heating it up and cooling it down (the 250 deg method). I havent had any problems with the stuff I have made before using heat. I am just curious how others do it.

Yep always used heat on everything, except i just did an experiment with some deca i made and no baking tried a little first to see if there would be a problem now i'm doing 400mg a shot without any problems so the whatman may be enough but i am still abit paranoid.

I heat the stuff in a water bath on a hot plate actually. The reason I do this is because I've seen some odd septicemias after working in a pathology lab for a university as a virologist and pathogenic bacteriologist. Ideally, you could do it without heating the suspension if you filter with a 0.22 micron membrane filter....good luck with that. A sterile glass fiber 0.22 micron filter is easier to filter through than a membrane filter. You can filter through a 0.22 micron membrane filter if you have a sterilized receptable attached to a manifold and a vacuum pump, but even then it will take a long time. Depending on the manufacturer of the powder, the powder could be very clean or there could be some <0.22 micron cysts and spores. The spores isn't much of a problem unless there is an allergy. The spores smaller than 0.22 micron would be very exotic as well, but then again, where was the powder made? Not every cryptosporidium is over 0.22 micron either.

Albeit, the chances of getting an infection from anything after sterile filtering without heating is slim, but still probable. With heating you at least attenuate any potential organisms. You may still get an immune response, but not an infection.

O.K.? a syringe filter doesn't sterilize anything
the BA will sterilize the TA/fina without using heat.

I've never heard of a filter sterilizing something, makes you wonder who the so called experts really are? lol

the filters main job is to catch or strain out microbial particles, etc
Mr T and jcp2 are more on the right track, nothing can live in BA

ruquick said:
Wanted to see how many people out there use heat when making there Fina. It seems that some people say the whatman filter is enough and others use heat evey time to sterilize the final product.

there are only a few bac that can make it thru a .45 filter and most of these are killed by heat. I always bake for 1 hour on 250-275 after filtering. never hurts to be safe. make sure to calibrate your oven as this heat is fairly critical and most ovens are off some.

Last edited:
chatbear said:
O.K.? a syringe filter doesn't sterilize anything
the BA will sterilize the TA/fina without using heat.

I've never heard of a filter sterilizing something, makes you wonder who the so called experts really are? lol

BA is only effective against Gram-positive bacteria. it is not effective against gram-negative bacteria. endotoxins are contained in the membrane walls of gram-negative bacteria and this can lead to sickness or even death. Filter sterilization is useful for sterilizing heat labile liquids. The filters have pores of specific sizes down to 0.2 micron in diameter.
Three types of filters
Depth filters - routine filters made of paper, asbestos or glass fibers. Just a mat of the fibers.
Membrane filters - cellulose acetate or cellulose nitrate materials. Contains lots of tiny holes that act live sieves to retain bacteria.
Nucleopore filters - polycarbonate filters. Very uniform pore sizes. Great for microscopy work since the filters are flat in nature.most bacteria is trapeed by .45 micron filters. the ones that can make it thru are killed by heat. The autoclave - 15 lbs/sq. inch which yields a temperature of 121 oC for 10 -15 minutes.
Not all materials can withstand autoclaving, e.g., milk, so they are pasteurized. Pasteurization is a mild heating to kill sensitive spoilage bacteria. Milk is heated to 71oC for 15 seconds in a continuous flow system. 250f is what is generally used to be on the safe side for home labs. do not fool your selves into thinking that BA will protect you from all infections. endotoxins are no joke. ever hear of meningitidis?

Basically it sounds like it won't hurt the tren if you heat it, and it only makes it safer to use...so why aren't you heating your fina would be my question?

As for me, I always heated mine.

TxLonghorn said:
Basically it sounds like it won't hurt the tren if you heat it, and it only makes it safer to use...so why aren't you heating your fina would be my question?

As for me, I always heated mine.

250-275 will not hurt the fina.

Look what we do to get our selves to where we are. all the gym time, eating habits, slepping habits and then take short cuts on gear due to lack of information is beyond me. misinformation kills. please educate yourselves on something before giving bad information. not getting on my soap box or addressing anybody in particular just wanting folks to be safe and educated on what we are trying to accomplish. the internet is a wonderful tool for education purposes. its all there waiting to be read and absorbed!! education is the key to strength and size.

gunz said:
3 or so batches of homemade without heat.....never a problem

and you may never have a problem. in the old days we would put pellets in 3% BA, let dissolve and add sterile oil. shake and let settle and draw off the gold and inject. no filters, no heat and it worked but that would sooner or later lead to staff or another infection. its like playing russian roulet. you never know. I just presented info showing that BA does not strelize solution completely on its own. the combo of BA, sterile filter and heat will yield a safe product. as is i said the filters due the majority of the work. A .02 is overkill in my opion but if you wanna spend the time haveat it. good luck all.

chatbear said:
but wouldn't ya risk filtering out more of the TA with a .2, making less of the hormone available???

not if its in solution.

persoanlly i wouldnt filter with a .02. too much trouble. the .45 does the job when incorporated with heat as mentioned eearlier. the only thing i use a .2 for is making bac water with 1% BA.

I'm like gunz I've made countless batches of tp for my bros just filter and no heat, and this is my 2nd of tren with no heat without a prob. but what the hell an hour extra for 100% safety sounds like a good trade off.

crap by what your saying I could just filter and heat the tren and not even use BA and it would be safe.
that saves some money!!!!

Back