Why do bodybuilders nowadays abuse steroids to a point where they look bad?

bryan89

heavyweights.ca/bb/users/beeg/images/beeg11829.jpg

perlbal.hi-pi.com/blog-images/201226/gd/1223923871/Bodybuilding-2-Mister-Olympia-Jay-Cutler-vs-Frank-Zane.jpg

In the 70s, bodybuilders were so much better looking. They looked human, but pushed to their max. In the 70s, they didn't have all the stuff bb's today have. Now everyone has HGH gut, and most look like mutants compared to the golden era. Greek god Arnold is the perfect physique IMO. I do not like the way bb'ing has turned to mass over aesthetics. It should be both. Do you agree or disagree?

heavyweights.ca/bb/users/beeg/images/beeg11829.jpg

perlbal.hi-pi.com/blog-images/201226/gd/1223923871/Bodybuilding-2-Mister-Olympia-Jay-Cutler-vs-Frank-Zane.jpg

In the 70s, bodybuilders were so much better looking. They looked human, but pushed to their max. In the 70s, they didn't have all the stuff bb's today have. Now everyone has HGH gut, and most look like mutants compared to the golden era. Greek god Arnold is the perfect physique IMO. I do not like the way bb'ing has turned to mass over aesthetics. It should be both. Do you agree or disagree?

sounds like u really don't know the reason why bodybuilders look so different now... main reason is FOOD... guys in the 70's didn't gorge themselves like the guys do now, over 200lbs then was a good sized competitor. Frank Zane was 180lbs at his heaviest!

the size of the stomachs has nearly nothing to do with HGH bro, it's from eating 6-8+ full meals per day stretching the size of the stomach... the have to eat that much food to maintain bodyweights of 260-300lbs at under 5'10"

Arnold did have a nice physique, but he's 6'2" and the heaviest he ever competed at was 250lbs.

And... let's not forget "test" was almost never used by bodybuilders until the mid-80's

sounds like u really don't know the reason why bodybuilders look so different now... main reason is FOOD... guys in the 70's didn't gorge themselves like the guys do now, over 200lbs then was a good sized competitor. Frank Zane was 180lbs at his heaviest!

the size of the stomachs has nearly nothing to do with HGH bro, it's from eating 6-8+ full meals per day stretching the size of the stomach... the have to eat that much food to maintain bodyweights of 260-300lbs at under 5'10"

Arnold did have a nice physique, but he's 6'2" and the heaviest he ever competed at was 250lbs.

And... let's not forget "test" was almost never used by bodybuilders until the mid-80's

LOOL AT TEST WAS NEVER USED TILL MID 80S are you fucking stupid

u got a lot of fucking nerve to call me stupid, u shit for brains... think about your words more carefully before u open that shit-hole under ur nose

and yes, TEST was almost never used until the mid-80's and this is FACT... compounds like prmo, deca, dbol, winstrol were widely used... and this can be proven by the lack of bloat on competitors back then... and there were no ai's then either so there's NO WAY test was the backbone of gear use ;)

Last edited:

Easy bro
Chinas a respected member on this board. It's ok to disagree just tone it down.

The thought is igf and insulin are the causes of turtle gut. I think both yrs of high hgh usage 8-10 Ius and igf/insulin. The gh gut is somewhat of a myth. Def debatable....

im in complete agreement with china here. it only makes sense guys are competing at 80-100lb heavier than guys their height back in the 70s. the required amount of food consumption has got to be signifigantly higher than the old school diets. i personally have never put much stock in the "hgh gut" theory. in my experience the way i get bloated and stomach expands is when im bulking and eating a butt load of carbs.

u got a lot of fucking nerve to call me stupid, u shit for brains... think about your words more carefully before u open that shit-hole under ur nose

and yes, TEST was almost never used until the mid-80's and this is FACT... compounds like prmo, deca, dbol, winstrol were widely used... and this can be proven by the lack of bloat on competitors back then... and there were no ai's then either so there's NO WAY test was the backbone of gear use ;)
China Wall you are correct sir.. They thought dbol were pez!!

China Wall you are correct sir.. They thought dbol were pez!!

Agreed. None of the bodybuilders of that era used testosterone. I don't even think AIs were available back then. As far as what pros use today for gear. It's whatever they can get there hands on. Any thing and everything.

Back