Why does a test only cycle NEED to be your first cycle?

djester

So just curious about this IF I took this route of a cycle. I understand you should gauge effects from Testosterone alone, and you can only do that form a Test only cycle. So say if DBol is giving you gyno and you're on Test and it's your first cycle, you wouldn't know which the gyno was coming from. I understand this. BUT if I was too take arimidex accordingly (eod or ed according to whatever is recommended) this would almost guarantee I wouldn't get gyno while on cycle. (I would plan to do this from day 1 just to be safe as I wouldn't want the slimmest chance of gyno to appear). So, if I took deca/test or dbol/test with arimidex, why couldn't something like those 2 cycles be my first cycles? Just curious. Really trying to gain information out of curiosity.

So just curious about this IF I took this route of a cycle. I understand you should gauge effects from Testosterone alone, and you can only do that form a Test only cycle. So say if DBol is giving you gyno and you're on Test and it's your first cycle, you wouldn't know which the gyno was coming from. I understand this. BUT if I was too take arimidex accordingly (eod or ed according to whatever is recommended) this would almost guarantee I wouldn't get gyno while on cycle. (I would plan to do this from day 1 just to be safe as I wouldn't want the slimmest chance of gyno to appear). So, if I took deca/test or dbol/test with arimidex, why couldn't something like those 2 cycles be my first cycles? Just curious. Really trying to gain information out of curiosity.

Why do you need the complexity of test/dbol or deca/test for your first cycle?

i don't i am just curious that is all. trying to understand everything. my reasoning seems accurate though yeah? or no?

If you can't grow off test alone you won't grow off anything. Test is very underrated by people and will put on some solid muscle with the right diet.

Save the dbol or deca for your second, or third cycle. More is not always better.

i don't i am just curious that is all. trying to understand everything. my reasoning seems accurate though yeah? or no?

Not really. Do you know how much arimidex you need to PROPERLY control estrogen for any given dose of testosterone? What about how much arimidex to use for any given dose of dbol? How about much arimidex to use for any given dose of testosterone COMPOUNDED with any given dose of dbol?

An AI won't guarantee you won't get gyno but it is the first step to preventing it.

The question now becomes, why do you think you need test and dbol or test and deca as your first cycle? Do you think testosterone alone isn't enough?

Thanks for the answer. Wasn't planning on running either deca or dbol with test. Just curious and trying to understand each effect of a cycle. So you answered my question perfectly by bringing to light the aspect of learning how to properly control estrogen for test. Which would be impossible to do with a deca or dbol and test as my first cycle. To know for sure, it makes sense to run a test only cycle first. thanks

Thanks for the answer. Wasn't planning on running either deca or dbol with test. Just curious and trying to understand each effect of a cycle. So you answered my question perfectly by bringing to light the aspect of learning how to properly control estrogen for test. Which would be impossible to do with a deca or dbol and test as my first cycle. To know for sure, it makes sense to run a test only cycle first. thanks

Not a problem. Blood work is key to everything here. Without it you won't know one way or another.

Impossible? No not impossible. Unnecesary? Yes.

You would also have to hope you are lucky that your are not prone to e2 sides and prolcatin sides with a test/deca/dbol for a first cycle. It could be done, but you'd have to have a DA agonist on hand and be running an AI (goes without saying to be running an AI anyway).

I have a buddy that did so, I'm talking no AI, no DA agonist and the cherry on the cake no PCT, suffice to say he doesn't even know what they are to begin with. He put on a lot of mass, a lot of it was water. Had that been me, I could have had a nice set of tits with oversize nipples... Everyone is different. Even if you happened to not be prone to the ptoential sides test/deca/dbol could bring, it is overkill for a first cycle.

Test is best. It is a good all round mass builder and good for strength and aggression and the body is comfortable with it hence why it is not as harsh as other AAS if you ask me because it isn't a foregin/synthentic androgen.

I'll give you an example.

My firsts cycle was TestE 500/w. It had been a breeze, great gains, no sides at all, etc...

My second was TestE + Eq. I experienced hair thinning on that one. I assumed that Eq was the cause.
Now if I had jumped straight into a Test/Eq cycle, I would have blamed the Test for the hair thinning because on paper Test is much more prone to induce MPB than Eq.

My 3rd cycle was TestE 750/w and I didn't lose a single hair on it, confirming that I don't get along well with Eq (the reason why I'm shedding on Eq is still a total mystery but that's another topic).

If I had blamed the Test for the hair issue my 3rd cycle would probably have been less Test and more Eq, potentially making things worse.

It's all about adding one compound at a time to be able to identify how you react to them individually, everyone's different.

As pointed out by Staunched, Test cycles are underrated, Test is a solid versatile AAS, cutting, recomp or bulking. I also think that there's no need to add a compound to each additional cycle, IMO most people will grow on 2 or 3 test only cycles, if they don't they are probably already above their genetic potential and then it makes sense to stack.

As pointed out by Staunched, Test cycles are underrated, Test is a solid versatile AAS, cutting, recomp or bulking. I also think that there's no need to add a compound to each additional cycle, IMO most people will grow on 2 or 3 test only cycles, if they don't they are probably already above their genetic potential and then it makes sense to stack.

Highly underrated in my opinion. It shits me off when people say, "oh test only? Are you going to add an anabolic/you need an anabolic". No you don't need an "anabolic" because test itself is quite anabolic and androgenic in itself. Hell, test for a second and third cycle, may up the dose to 750mg and if you ain't growing on that then no other AAS will save your ass from not spending enough time in the kitchen.

You don't HAVE to add a new compound in every cycle, test is strong all round for everything IMO.

There is a popular "progress" thread on here that shows just because your on a couple compounds for a couple years, doesn't mean you'll get gains if your ducks aren't in a row.

If you can't grow off test alone you won't grow off anything. Test is very underrated by people and will put on some solid muscle with the right diet.

Save the dbol or deca for your second, or third cycle. More is not always better.

As far as I'm concerned, if I could only chose one compound, test would be it, no question!

Why overcomplicate your first cycle with more compounds?

If you aren't a diabetic or heroine junkie you likely aren't used to poking yourself. That's fairly minor but still something new to learn.

Bacne, sleeplessness or lethargy, emotional stuff...what's happening? Oh...

You need to use an AI to control estrogen levels. Definitely something new to learn.

You need to adjust to supraphysiological hormone levels. All the good and bad that entails - new again.

Doesn't make sense to overcomplicate when testosterone alone will do wonders for your "gains". Cycle after cycle.

There's a common sense side to this. You have no idea how your body will react to multiple chems and if you have an issue you will have no idea what caused it. I've taken multiple cycles and Test only is right up there as one of my favorites. Its easier IMO and you will still beast out. My all time personal bench best was on a T only cycle. Hell I'm on a T only cycle right now.

So true. Also idk if I'm correct but I've heard as you do more cycles ur receptors get saturated and eventually you need to add new compounds too see gains. Am I right or no? With this logic it would be smart to start with the least amount I can get results from somu can do gradual increase or add one new compound each cycle and see gains instead of starting off with a complex cycle and having to run ridiculous doses and multiple compounds too see any Benefit

So true. Also idk if I'm correct but I've heard as you do more cycles ur receptors get saturated and eventually you need to add new compounds too see gains. Am I right or no? With this logic it would be smart to start with the least amount I can get results from somu can do gradual increase or add one new compound each cycle and see gains instead of starting off with a complex cycle and having to run ridiculous doses and multiple compounds too see any Benefit

It has nothing to do with receptor saturation but more along the lines of genetic potential. X dose of y compound will only get you so far past your genetic potential. The further you get from this potential the higher the dosages necessary of a certain compound or multiple compounds can be added. By adding more compounds you can keep the doses relatively low of each individual compound limiting the sides of each plus each compound will activate different receptors to different degrees during the transcription process.

Because like me ive done it all but now just test and growth is the perfect sides to results combination. I wouldn't of figured this out without a test only cycle.

louman, DreDay summed up the answer to your question pretty well. But yes, sticking to the least amount you can get away with is going to do you good in the long run. Like I said, even Test only for a second cycle at 500-750mg will still do you very good, but it wouldn't hurt to throw in something else maybe some deca or EQ because atleast you'll have an idea of what test does for you and what to expect.

Back