Why does someone with such a low body fat have a bloated face. Example in post

Shouldn't his face be more gaunt and that goes for 90% of all pros. A guy like Mike Ohearn seems to have no trouble keeping a gaunt face despite walking around at 270lbs

your face is not tied to BF as much as it is to water retention and estrogen . you can have a low BF% , be on cycle and have elevated estrogen and have a round and puffy face because of it.

the guy in the pic is probably 10-11% bf , and appears to be holding water . I'd guess his estrogen is elevated as well.

Mike O'hearn does not get a bloated puffy face due to elevated estrogen , cause he is all natty ;)
he also cycles his diet and runs a calorie deficit a lot of times during the year , which will thin the face

your face is not tied to BF as much as it is to water retention and estrogen . you can have a low BF% , be on cycle and have elevated estrogen and have a round and puffy face because of it.

the guy in the pic is probably 10-11% bf , and appears to be holding water . I'd guess his estrogen is elevated as well.

Mike O'hearn does not get a bloated puffy face due to elevated estrogen , cause he is all natty ;)
he also cycles his diet and runs a calorie deficit a lot of times during the year , which will thin the face

How the hell can he run a caloric deficit most of the year and keep on 270lbs at sub 10% bf

How the hell can he run a caloric deficit most of the year and keep on 270lbs at sub 10% bf

he does NOT run a calorie deficit most the year ,, he cycles his diet and will run a calorie deficit a lot of the times of the year. big difference .

the point is he has built enough mass over his 35 years of training that he does not need to bulk or mass ever , so he maintains and then cuts often to stay lean and shredded year round.
so you'll never see him with a 'bulkers' face

he does NOT run a calorie deficit most the year ,, he cycles his diet and will run a calorie deficit a lot of the times of the year. big difference .

the point is he has built enough mass over his 35 years of training that he does not need to bulk or mass ever , so he maintains and then cuts often to stay lean and shredded year round.
so you'll never see him with a 'bulkers' face

I'm sure 'bulkers' face was more a problem when he started and not so much lately like you said.

Back