Workout Suggestions for TRT

Sedg1

Guys, I just started a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) program last week - 200mg of cypionate per week. Urologist supported it after tests revealed total of just over 300 and free of 49. Have to say that after just one injection I have noticed a total turn around in my mood, mental clarity, energy and overall sense of well-being.
I am 56 and have been lifting for fitness reasons for over 30 years. Usually go after work and lift of an hour or so. One is back/biceps/triceps. Another is chest. Another shoulders and fourth is legs. I often throw in abs at the end of the routine a few times per week. My schedule can be interrupted if I am out of town for work.
For the last year or so, workouts sucked. I had to drag my ass to the gym, which is really unusual because it has always been the best part of my day - my "happy hour." But within the last year, I have lost strength, energy, initiative and muscle mass. While I eat very well, I also developed a band of fat around my belly.
Again had my first shot last Thursday and have worked out four times since. What a huge difference. Lots of energy and more strength and endurance than I can ever remember. Thought it might just be a placebo effect, but in the week I have lost half of the love handles while putting on 3.5 lbs of quality weight. I am just loving this and can not wait to get to the gym at the end of the day. Did legs today for the first time since injection and it was amazing. More weight than I have done in years and this really cool lineal failure, rather than catastrophic.
So my question is this. I am doing 200mg every other week. I know that there is an initial spike for a couple days and then a slow decline to half life and beyond. Is there a way that I can optimize my work out schedule to take full advantage of the the life cycle of the injection? Should I be focusing on legs, back, etc as close to the injection or wait a couple days, etc.
Second issue has to do with the safety of this new mojo. Even if my muscles are more efficient and willing, my ligaments and tendons are still 56 years old. Is there a natural supplement that I can take that would preserve and protect that tissue as I take full advantage of the test cycle. I am not interested in competing or other drugs. Just want to get as much as I can out of the modest dose I am taking.
Appreciate the help

Sorry to skip over your other questions, but i'm also on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and inject twice a week to avoid the "ups and downs". that would be one thing i would recommend to you. i just do 50mg monday and 50 on friday.

Sorry to skip over your other questions, but i'm also on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and inject twice a week to avoid the "ups and downs". that would be one thing i would recommend to you. i just do 50mg monday and 50 on friday.
Thanks. I have been thinking about a different interval as well. But at this point my doc has me coming in for the injections and I have little interest going in twice a week, and insurance may not even cover that frequency. I do B12 shots on my own so do not have an issue with self injection. Doc seemed a bit squeemish over giving me a script implying that because it is a schedule III drug he won't.And he is also suggesting Testopel as well. Not convinced that is the route I want to go. For the moment I am just enjoying the healthfulness from the therapy.
Hope your regimen is working for you.

Back