WOW!!!!! You all are killing our server

BiggieSwolls

Steelers = SuperBowl
Well, some of you may have noticed that the site has been hard to get onto at times. And that even today the site was temporarily suspended. This basically caused steam to fly out of my ears. So some action needed to be taken.

I just got off the phone with our hosting/server company and they basically told me that the site is too popular and there are too many people trying to access it as well as the big amount of traffic going through it, and that the shared server we are on was using too many resources to keep our site up and causing problems with other sites that they have on the same server. So they basically told me that they cannot continue to fulfil our existing plan because it would kill the shared server we are on. I find this quite hysterical since we have only been running for 3 weeks.

So in the end I decided to take it easy on the hosting/server company and just agree to have them move us from a shared server to a dedicated server. Of course, this costs us a lot more money per month but it is definitely in the best interest of Steroidology. The transition to a dedicated server will result in zero downtime and it may in fact already be switched.

So the bottom line is that this is not a bad thing at all, its actually a great indicator as to how well you have all done in making Steroidology a top-notch website. Lets continue to blow up servers and cause our hosting company headache after headache.

Great work guys and gals. The whole staff thanks you all.

Biggie, Tx and staff.

we need to set up some sort of way to donate, but please i hate paypal, such a pan in the ass to wait 2-3 business days for cash to show up in the acct.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! THAT MEANS THIS BOARD IS REALLY ROCKIN'!!!!!! KEEP SPREADING THE WORD GUYS!! STEROIDOLOGY WILL RULE THE NET!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to thank you for providing such a great site. The reason that the website is such a "top-notch website" is because people like you, biggie, that put time and effort into your work. And something like that needs to be pointed out and appreciated.

iced said:
we need to set up some sort of way to donate, but please i hate paypal, such a pan in the ass to wait 2-3 business days for cash to show up in the acct.

Thats great that some of you would like to donate to help the board but there is really no need. Trust me, I do appreciate the thought, but the board is in strong hands financially. You have two owners, myself and Tx, who both own and operate companies in the real world and we just like doing this as a hobby and as a way to keep our community expanding and learning.

Biggie, you are a stand up guy. I have load of respect for you Bro. I can't thank you and Tx enough for giving us such a great baord!

Congratulation Guys ! I'm here to help bring the servers down. If you need another partner give me a shout out.

i am glad to be here also, but...not to let the wind out of the sail....but, EF had the same issues and are telling all the same thing...to play the side of devils advocate, who is to say that they or both weren't popped in some kind of sting, and johnny law isn't on their way to my crib right now...no matter, the hut is clean...not to start anything, but it could be a concern...at least over there...

E

BiggieSwolls said:
Thats great that some of you would like to donate to help the board but there is really no need. Trust me, I do appreciate the thought, but the board is in strong hands financially. You have two owners, myself and Tx, who both own and operate companies in the real world and we just like doing this as a hobby and as a way to keep our community expanding and learning.

You and Tx are simply the best.

biggie you and Tx have put together a great board glad to hear you are on solid footing. Keep up the good work.

Great news, this site is awsome. I was wondering WTF was going on, I had tons of problems getting on today.

Back