WU status question......Am I just being paranoid?

hmcyl

I send funds via WU to a trusted source yesterday. The source contracted my shortly after and said the funds were on hold. I checked and the WU website says funds are on hold pending verification of my identity. Is this common? I've never had it happen to me and I'm a little freaked out.

Did you do the xfer online? I've come to understand that is pretty normal if you do it online. I started going in to a WU in person after having this happen and it's been trouble free since.

Transferring funds within 90 days to the same place or if the total in those 90 days exceeds a certain dollar amount (990 last I heard per transaction) or if the receiver is in a "watched" country - you will be subject to ID verification. I wouldn't sweat it too much, but you may want to change transfer methods next time.

Last time that happened to me I was going to cancel and use a new method but then suddenly I got a notice that funds were picked up. So maybe it's just under review and it will still go through.

Sorry if I was being to specific in explaining my situation. Neither of the things Halfwit mentioned apply. I called WU and they said the transfer was under review because it was international transfer. I'll be using a different payment method from now on. I swear things were easier back in the day.

Back