Your Program Sucks, by Dave Tate

Goat Ass said:
all i am saying is i do not buy into the thinking that people must follow their own schools of expertise. they are doing incredible things in the kinesiology of sprinting lately - do you think any of those scientists could even run 200m?

at some level it all boils down to hardcore science. you can love the science but not practice the science yourself.

now, i am not saying you should necessarily pick a 120lb trainer with toothpick limbs and a sunken chest. but by the same token i won't pick a guy simply because he's huge and posts up good lifts. i think the satisfaction and results their previous clients achieved are of far more importance than the physique of the trainer. if two trainers come in equal measured on that scale, yes, i'll probably pick the guy who's in better shape.

thats exactly my point. pick a guy/gal who has a proven track record. one who walks the walk and talks the talk. but experience always outweighs science in the gym. always. it looks good on paper but if it dont pan out inthe gymn then it aint worth the paper its printed on. conceptions start in the mind, then paper then practical application. that is the final prooving ground.

Back