1st cycle - funny noob mistakes (and a couple questions)

saigonjohn

So I began my 1st cycle yesterday. 400mg test cyp /week and 20mg dbol /day. But I made some (embarrassing) noob mistakes.

I had never opened an ampule before. I cut my finger and shattered the first one lol. Tossed it. 2nd one didn't shatter but wasn't entirely a clean break. Looked kinda jagged. Is that normal?

Then with the 2nd ampule, I couldn't get the damn oil in the syringe (26g .5" 1ml). Got pissed. Threw that one out too. (Good thing I bought a lot).

Anyway I cooled down and took another stab at it. Took about 2 minutes to load but I got it it in there. I'm still not sure the best way to load it. Like with a vial you can flip it upside down and load that way. Can't do that with an ampule. I just angled it sideways but it seems messy. And with all that air exposure, I'm worried about the possibility of bacteria getting in there. Any suggestions?

With the 3rd time being the charm, I injected the whole ampule (200mg test cyp) in my lower stomach (right into the pudge). Wasn't too bad as far as PiP. But it's hurting a little more today. Normal? Maybe 1ml is too much for sub q injections and I'd be better off going IM.

I personally wouldnt do sub-q at all with oil based stuff, but definitely not over .5ml.

Not a fan of ampules, I cut the shit out of my finger once also.

Longer needles for Amps will help with drawing out the fluid.

I sub q my TRT but it's a fraction of a mL. I will always have a little sore spot. Ive found a couple areas that are very sensitive. I don't have any visual lumps but I will have a lump I can feel for about 4 days. I started with .5mL 2x per week and that is about the max. It left redness and swelling. I had one sub q injection leave a red spot the size of a lemon with an obvious lump. I thought I may have not been clean enough and gave myself an infection but withing 24 hours the redness was gone and the lump shrank fast.

That spot doesnt get pinned any more. I've pinned basically the entire from of my abdomen and love handle area.

It slows the release. More than likely because bloodflow in fatty tissue isnt the same as muscle tissue. It has also bee connected with lumps developing under the skin. I use it because I'd rather have a skin deep infection I will see over .25mL than an abcess in my thigh. I was going to go IM on .5mL but ended up reducing my TRT dose.

The lumps can develop in different areas. I cant remember the actual name for them but lipomas sounds close. If that isnt the right term someone will correct me haha

Last edited:
^This was my reasoning for wanting to do sub-Q. Steadier release, and a reduces the chances of a serious infection.

But with 2ml of test a week, it may not be the best option. If I had vials instead of amps, I could break up the injections into smaller daily amounts. Definitely gonna try to get pharma grade vials next time. It's OTC here in Vietnam. But supply is hit or miss.

I looked up YouTube tutorials on how to properly open an ampule because I wasn't sure how to go about it. They are a pain and force you to pin an entire CC at a time or preload another pin which I hate doing because the solvents eat away at the rubber plunger and make it swell up.

I was gonna mention preloading if necessary. I've done it before and wasnt really sure about the plastic and rubber myself.

I was gonna mention preloading if necessary. I've done it before and wasnt really sure about the plastic and rubber myself.

I only pin long esters twice a week or every 3 days, so by the time my next pinning day rolls around the plunger rubber was all swollen so I ended up tossing it. I don't want to pin chemicals released from the rubber. I like to run 200-250 test maximum. I never do all that "500mg test bro for gainz" bullshit. Lol

I only pin long esters twice a week or every 3 days, so by the time my next pinning day rolls around the plunger rubber was all swollen so I ended up tossing it. I don't want to pin chemicals released from the rubber. I like to run 200-250 test maximum. I never do all that "500mg test bro for gainz" bullshit. Lol

good on you mate, better safe than sorry.

This is overkill for your first cycle brother. 200-250mg/week of good old test is all you need. You'll grow like a freaking weed.

Will give my opinion real quick. Drop the dbol and stick with the test. Take two shots per week....say Sunday and Wednesday....1ml each for total of 400 to 500 per week. Take .25 anastrozole with each shot unless you find you need more.
Why take 4 to 5 hundred? Cuz it's a solid dose and guarantees a response.
Why drop the dbol? Cuz you dont know how you respond to test or dbol yet and if you get sides you wont know which to adjust. Also, because you don't need it to grow on your first cycle.
Why the anastrozole dose? To control your estrogen. Think your estrogen doesnt go high when your test goes high? Get bloodwork and you will see that it does. It's a pretty sure thing at the mentioned doses. Just because you think you domt feel sides doesnt mean your estrogen isnt too high.

One last thing.....keep an eye on your hematocrit. If it gets high, donate blood to avoid an issue.

Good luck and have fun

So I began my 1st cycle yesterday. 400mg test cyp /week and 20mg dbol /day. But I made some (embarrassing) noob mistakes.

I had never opened an ampule before. I cut my finger and shattered the first one lol. Tossed it. 2nd one didn't shatter but wasn't entirely a clean break. Looked kinda jagged. Is that normal?

Then with the 2nd ampule, I couldn't get the damn oil in the syringe (26g .5" 1ml). Got pissed. Threw that one out too. (Good thing I bought a lot).

Anyway I cooled down and took another stab at it. Took about 2 minutes to load but I got it it in there. I'm still not sure the best way to load it. Like with a vial you can flip it upside down and load that way. Can't do that with an ampule. I just angled it sideways but it seems messy. And with all that air exposure, I'm worried about the possibility of bacteria getting in there. Any suggestions?

With the 3rd time being the charm, I injected the whole ampule (200mg test cyp) in my lower stomach (right into the pudge). Wasn't too bad as far as PiP. But it's hurting a little more today. Normal? Maybe 1ml is too much for sub q injections and I'd be better off going IM.

500mg of testosterone per week is the recomended dosage for a first cycle newbie. why dbol??? it is NOT for beginers.

Back