**1st Cycle - Test Prop/Var Critique**

Future22

First cycle (guessing PHs do not count, or do they?).

Decided on test prop and ana Anavar (var) . I do not mind needles so the EOD or ED pinning should not be an issue.

Stats:
5'5"
175lbs
23 years old
around 10-12% BF

Been lifting since 8th grade for football, baseball, and hockey. Carried on lifting throughout high school for sports and then on through college for cheerleader (yes, I was a male cheerleader for a large Big 10 School. For an example of some of the fun and sometimes highly intense stuff we would do: YouTube - Awesome Cheerleading Stunts ). I am competitive by nature and am now (just graduated) looking up on taking up some adult league hockey and possibly even some competitions in the future.

Goals: Not really sure what to expect as through my research gains can be different for everyone. I am guessing 12-15lbs of solid lean mass while hardening up with the Anavar (var) is not out of the question.

Ultimately, slowly declining bodyfat (would like to try and get around 8%<) while slowly increasing lean mass would be my goal.

Diet: Usually do a carb cycling intermittent fasting (as per Martin Berkhan's LeanGains). High carb/high protein/low fat on workout days (usually every other day, but might up the workouts while on cycle), and high fat/high protein/low carbs on cardio/no workout days. Consists of chicken breasts, steaks, omega 3 eggs, ground beef (usually 90/10), occasionally some whey protein and then for carbs I have been doing a good bit of simple sugars postworkout (this is my first meal, since I workout fasted, strength has actually increased once I adapted to this approach and leaned out significantly) to replenish glycogen stores. So cereals, bagels, pasta are usually in place there.

I have been slowly leaning out while slowly increasing strength on Martin's Intermittent Fasting program and it truly has made a difference in my life. My blood sugar levels are much more stable throughout the day, I do not have to worry about constantly preparing food and when I eat, I can eat big! I mean big like around 2000 calorie meal post workout which feels awesome.

Any help on my diet to achieve my goal would be appreciated.

Workout Program:
Could possibly use some help on this too as I have been through so many programs from football in high school (anyone remember the Bigger Stronger Faster magazines (BFS Magazine Archives), I used to read them like mad and same with the coaches. They used to pull tons of different shit out of that magazine.

For college cheerleading, a lot of my work was on developing explosiveness and power. Power clean and snatches (sometimes with a squat throwing in while fully extended) with large rubber bands on the barbell that were attached to the ground made up a bulk of my workout along with squats, deadlifts. The university I cheered for has quite an athletic program so they had a good bit of equipment that I no longer have access too.

Current Program:
All lifts are usually done with barbells instead of free weights.

8 Day Training Cycle
Day 1:
  • Squats - 5x4-8
  • Bench Press - 5x4-8
  • Chinups - Weighted 5xFatique
  • Pushups - Weighted 5xFatique

Day 2: Cardio/Abs (P90X ab routine which is has developed my abs pretty nice) or off day, depends on how I feel. Am thinking of adding in more working days while on cycle, what do you think?

Day 3:
  • Deadlifts - 5x4-8
  • Standing Military Press - 5x4-8
  • Barbell Bent Over Row - 5x4-8
  • Paralell Bar Dip - Weighted 5xFatique

Day 4: Same as day 2

Day 5:
  • Squats - 5x4-8
  • Dumbbell Incline Bench - 5x4-8
  • Close Grip Bench - 5x4-8
  • Chinups - Weighted 5xFatique

Day 6: Same as day 2

Day 7:
  • Barbell Lunge - 5x4-8
  • Standing Military Press - 5x4-8
  • Reverse V-Bar Dips - Weighted 5xFatique
  • Pullups - Weighted 5xFatique

Day 7: Same as day 2

Cycle:
Ok now onto the plan. Here is what I have concluded after about 2 months of researching Anavar (var) ious forums (about 7-8 forums that I know of that are active on anabolics) and reading Anabolics 2009 - Anabolics 9th Edition by William Llewellyn, I have decided that a test prop/ana Anavar (var) cycle would help me achieve my goals.

I have enough prop to run for a LONGGG time and about 5grams total ana Anavar (var) (which probably will not be used all this cycle)

• Test Prop: 50mg ED or 100mg EOD - Weeks 1-12 or 14
  • Ana Anavar (var) 50mg ED - Weeks 1-12 or 14

I have seen short esters run mostly around 8 weeks, but have also seen a lot of people saying that 12-14 weeks could work too.

The ana Anavar (var) is run a long time for an oral, however heard it is not really bad on sides/toxicity around 40-50mg.

I was also thinking of running the Anavar (var) like this:
Anavar (var) 40-80mg - Weeks 1-6 & Weeks 9 or 10-12 or 14.

Supports:
  • HCG - 250IU 2x week - Weeks 3-12 or 14
  • Arimidex - .25-.5 EOD - Only if needed only on cycle
  • Milk thistle - 3g/day for liver support for Anavar (var)
  • Fish Oil - 3g/day for blood pressure support/general health

PCT:
  • Nolvadex: 40/40/20/20
  • Clomid: 100/100/50/50 or 50/50/50/50

Supplements on cycle:
  • Creatine - 5g daily
  • BCAAs - 10g before fasted training
  • Maybe some Caffeine or a Preworkout before workouts for energy - Not sure if this will be needed on cycle?
  • Multi-vitamin - Filling in the blanks

Injection spots: Rotation of both sides glute, delt, thigh.

Final Thoughts/Questions
Let me know what you think overall of this setup and make some suggestions. It has been in the making after countless hours and a couple months of heavy research and reading. However, I am sure there will be some good suggestions from the individuals/veterans on here.

Other questions:
  • I have been thinking of getting a few other supplements such as beta-alanine for workouts. Do you think it would be worth it on cycle? I am thinking no.
  • What supplements really compliment your cycles?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Awesome post dude ..very comprehensive...

I would try the prop alone for 6- 8 weeks to see how you like it...your young but you ll do it anyway, right so I won t try to sway you away..other s might.
How much you got ? 75 eod prop would be a good start...
Any Aromatase inhibitor (AI) s on hand in case the side s kik in ?
Plans for post cycle therapy (pct) ?

How much Anavar (var) you got..?

Awesome post dude ..very comprehensive...

I would try the prop alone for 6- 8 weeks to see how you like it...your young but you ll do it anyway, right so I won t try to sway you away..other s might.
How much you got ? 75 eod prop would be a good start...
Any Aromatase inhibitor (AI) s on hand in case the side s kik in ?
Plans for post cycle therapy (pct) ?

How much Anavar (var) you got..?

Thanks man.

On hand - On cycle
Arimidex - This MIGHT be implented on cycle at .25 to .5 EOD for any bloating from the prop (though I heard its minimal)

On Hand post cycle therapy (pct)
Nolvadex: 40/40/20/20
Clomid: 100/100/50/50 or 50/50/50/50

Your right.I realize I am young at 23, will be 24 soon not that it makes a difference. Just graduated and working in the real world now. Figured I would get more serious about my life and health also. Earlier years of college and a couple summers working at a beach on the East Coast took a beating on my body. Haven't touched a drink in over 6 months and feel like a new man.

Your right, I will do it even though many will say wait until 25 plus.

Got 100ml at 100mg/ml of Prop and 5grams of Anavar (var) .

I am thinking your right on the 75mg EOD for 6-8 weeks. See how I feel around that mark and decide if I want to continue.

Thanks again!

i agree with german on everything-although im more of a junkie

you got ten bottles of prop? your prolly gonna want to start at 100mg EOD-and go up to 150mg if you wish IMO

i would run the Anavar (var) @ 50mg ED at least

I'm not going to necessarily disagree with what everyone has said so far. I will, however, mention that prop is a really difficult compound for your first cycle.

Prop shots can be a little painful to begin with. Mix that in with virgin muscles and I think you'll find that you're still going to be in quite a bit of pain when it's time for the next injection in any given muscle. It'll go away eventually, but it'll take a few weeks.
I just wanted to make sure someone warned you :)

Anyways, that's really my only concern with your cycle. And to be honest it's up to you if you decide you're ok with it or not. Some really don't mind. I personally ran prop for my first cycle also and loved it.

Other wise it looks like you've got everything set up great. It's refreshing to see someone make a post like this that actually seems thought out.

75mg EOD for 8ish weeks with the option to go on sounds perfect. I'd take the anavar @50-80mg ED throughout your entire cycle.

....man I'd love to eat a bowl of anavar like cheerios for breakfast every morning if I could....

Good luck man

Back