22 year old confirmed low T dont get help from doctor, what Im gonna do?

lowTesto

Hello. Ever since a couple year back Ive felt weak and low energy, bad libido and passion for life is not big. I have no drive for success resulting in me isolating myself playing computer games all day with no hopes for the future.

I went to the doctor and wanted blood test, It came back 380ng/dl, but he said I only get TRT If I have 250 and that mine is completely normal and my symptoms are in my head.

A friend helped me to try out 200mg testosterone for 10 weeks, after a little while I started to feel so energised and happy again, passion of life back and I felt like when I was a kid. Ive never felt this good libido and for first time in many years I finally felt alive again.

That was some time ago so I tried to get my levels to 250ng/dl so I get TRT from doctor, I ate alot of shit food and drank alcohol smoked had very bad sleep for a couple of weeks to try get my levels down below 250. I did test and came back 270, so doc still refuses.

I feel so shitty with these levels, I know the levels are the problem cause when I went on 200mg for a while I felt normal and good again, but I cannot get TRT.

What would you do in my situation? I just want to be able to live good life in my twenties ...

First off stop those video games and get out and get some fresh air, join a health club and get some new workout buddies. Get a new purpose in life and go for it, eat fresh good foods. This is all about attitude and having someone or something that can motivate you. Girls do it for me, what do you think would motivate you to become a beast and become the man?

First off stop those video games and get out and get some fresh air, join a health club and get some new workout buddies. Get a new purpose in life and go for it, eat fresh good foods. This is all about attitude and having someone or something that can motivate you. Girls do it for me, what do you think would motivate you to become a beast and become the man?

I walk every day outside and I lift 3 times a week, mostly bench deadlift and squat. I feel no drive for nothing. When I tried 200mg of testosterone I felt so alive and happy, but now Im back in my old depressed self again.

Its all about motivation then, whats your passion? what turns you on? Once you find the motivation then the rest is gravy. One thing is to depend on a pill to motivate you but its better to find a natural motivation and let that be your fuel.

Its all about motivation then, whats your passion? what turns you on? Once you find the motivation then the rest is gravy. One thing is to depend on a pill to motivate you but its better to find a natural motivation and let that be your fuel.

I dont feel no passion no more, I just feel lethargic, tired, depressed all day, I have very low energy and Im just content with doing nothing, no drive at all.

Milton that's good advice.

Motivation is important but if you have low T it's nearly impossible to become motivated.. I completely understand what he is going through.. and it sucks bad man :/ for me personally I tried everything including music, women.. I even tried having a rival.. Nothing worked..

Now my advice.. you're young.. low T can be caused by a TON of different factors.. Have you ever looked into what's causing it? Diet? Any illnesses you are not aware of maybe?? Your doctor is a moron for saying 380 is normal at your age because it should be almost double that. However he should also be trying to look for the cause of having 380 instead of saying it's normal because it's NOT.. You need to try your BEST to bring your natural levels up before going on TRT.. If EVERYTHING fails...then consider TRT I know what it's like living like that.. It's absolutely awful.. I drank myself into blacking out a lot and could not find anything enjoyable anymore.. Life sucked so bad...

Remember... bringing it back natural first.. TRT is a life changer if you need it.. but it's for life.. once you're on it your natural production shuts off and you're on TRT for life.. So make sure you do everything you can to see if it's possible to bring back naturally!

Last edited:
I dont think I have no illness, Ive been doing other health checks and they seemed good. Diet is pretty good, I eat alot of egg nuts and greens, and meat too.

Been feeling like this almost since puberty, I was a happy energetic kid but when I went thru puberty suddently I became so slow and lost energy.

I drag myself to the gym 3 times a week without having the energy to do it really, and after a workout Im very sore and tired almost feel dead.

I have had plenty of girls interested in me but I havent just had the drive to do nothing with it, alot of missed opportunities and I dont even feel that much sexual drive to be with them :(

My friends who have normal testosteorne seem so happy and driven and fun and loving life. And when I did ten weeks with 200mg testosterone E each week I felt I had my life back again, but now Im back in the same depressing rut.

Listen, bodybuilding workout programs wont effect you. Try powerlifting and thank me later. Now, you'll say i have no motivation for powerlifting workouts. Yes you're right. Try TRT for 10 weeks again with doctor and start powerlifting programs. Cut the TRT and go on workouts. Your T will increase.

Listen, bodybuilding workout programs wont effect you. Try powerlifting and thank me later. Now, you'll say i have no motivation for powerlifting workouts. Yes you're right. Try TRT for 10 weeks again with doctor and start powerlifting programs. Cut the TRT and go on workouts. Your T will increase.

Wait, so powerlifting can cure hypogonadism?

Ohhh reeeealllllllly...?

Hypertrophy is hypertrophy dude. As someone that spent about a decade doing both PL and BB each, I promise you that hormone levels won't respond any differently between the two. One just creates dense muscle tissue, while the other creates thicker (volume) tissues.

TRT is for life by the way. Not a quick fix to springboard natural recovery.

OP: There are some variables here that matter. What were your LH and FSH? How about estradiol and/or prolactin? I do agree with changeyourlife in that you need a new doctor; the numbers are a guide ONLY, and it's how you FEEL at those numbers that matter. I hope you didn't disclose your cycle to your doctor, as that could very well come back and bite you.

My .02c :)

Back