22yo. My first TRT shot tomorrow, need suggestions and help [Will Log Progress]

If I remember right, without reading the whole thread again, I think OP had already started TRT under his previous doctor's guidance. So who knows what is going on with his HPTA at this point.

Yeah....I did started the TRT with my previous doctor..It was a stupid decision but oh well....I didn't want to waste my hard earned money so I took the shot, went and bought an otc aromatase inhibitor call nolvadren XT, it's got arimastane in it so I thought it would work and damn, I've never felt so good in years. I felt confident and full of energy. My 4 years of depressions went away. I lift heavier in the gym and my brain fog was completely gone, my brain fires quick and remembered every little details around. My sex drive was through the roof, I felt like a new born.

Nice protocol. ...
is this a TRT clinic?
Did she say to take the arimidex the day of HCG or day after?

I think it is, they specialize in this kind of stuff. To be honest I totally forgot when she told me to take the arimadex, but the label says take it twice a week on an empty stomach. Do you have any recommendation on how to effectively take them? I had my testosterone shot last friday and took .25mg arimadex on saturday. Had my HCG shot on wednesday and just took 0.25mg arimadex again today. But it seems like the arimadex is not doing anything for me at all...it seems like arimastane from novadren xt works way better when I was on it, or does it take some times to work? Because right now I am retaining lots of water, I feel bloated and tired. Can you give me some insight on a better dosing protocol? As of right now, this is what I do:

Monday & Wednesday: 500 I.U HCG Injection
Tuesday & Saturday: 0.25MG Arimadex
Friday: 150MG Tesotsterone Cypionite

Thanks!

I don't see any mention of your LH or FSH OP. Those hormones (from the pituitary) are generally what determine if you're primary (usually testicular issues) or secondary (pituitary issues). While it's awesome that this doc has a far better protocol, I know I'd DAMN sure want to know WHICH type of hypogonadism I have before taking that shot.

The reason being that exogenous (from the needle) testosterone will tell your body to stop producing LH/FSH, and being able to discern primary/secondary at that point is difficult as secondary hypogonadism is when those are low.

You cannot "restart" primary (my awesome situation), but secondary *may* be treatable. You had trauma to the head; it's possible that this caused an injury to your pituitary gland, and they may be able to help if say a tumor resulted by removing it. TRT is for LIFE, exhaust all options FIRST, then take the shots if need be.

My .02c :)

Thanks for the informative reply! My doctor did mentioned HPTA restart but she didn't put me on that. I guess I am primary hypogonadism? I will ask my doctor again. I had already started TRT, but as long as I have the HCG it wouldn't affect my balls right? I just want to make sure that I can have kid when I turn 27.... I also did a research that I might have to start donating blood now because trt will increase my red blood cell count?

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I think I just totally tanked my estrogen...

I took 0.25mg of arimadex this morning and the whole day I felt like shit. I felt like I was back to my old self again, feeling very tired, unmotivated, brain fog and poor judgement, no libido, I didn't have any joint pain though. I thought that was because my estrogen level is still high, so when I got home from work I took a capsule of nolvadren xt (about 30mg of arimastane) and now I felt so damn shitty and depressed and can't focus on anything. I had to stop my workout at the gym because I felt very tired and dizzy, had a headache and couldn't continue.

After doing some research I realized arimadex is hell of powerful. I was stupid... As of now I'm taking 0.25mg twice a week, it is too much? What should I do now to get rid of this feeling?

When I was on Testosterone Cypionite with nolvadren xt I felt like a new born, should I just stop taking arimadex? Will I get estrogen rebound?

Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
You may not need an AI on your current protocol. You should not be using one until you have blood work indicating that your E2 is elevated. So stay on the test cyp and hCG for six weeks. Then get blood work to see where that puts you. Add an AI at that time if needed. Post your blood work results here and we can help you interpret them. Crashing your E2 is not any fun at all. I imagine you won't make that mistake again. Give it a week or two and you will hopefully be feeling better again.

You asked if hCG will help your testicles and fertility. It will if you have Secondary Hypogonadism. It will not however if you have Primary Hypogonadism. It ia important to know which type you have. You need to get a copy of your blood work before you started TRT so you can see what your TT, LH a s FSH were at so you can know which form you have.

Why did you decide against trying an HPTA Restart?

Megatron...you already know the answer - immediate results. Or, Drs pushed TRT due to lack of knowledge regarding Clomid/Nolva.

Taylorology -

1) Stop taking Nolvadren XT. Thats a joke. You are now on real medication.
2) Relax and stick to a protocol. You can't chase symptoms around with an AI or you will never get tuned in.

Your protocol is ok - you just need to stay on it. Consider stopping the AI if you feel crashed, then wait. You mention things like achy joints - not something you can just chase around on a day by day basis - they take time to develop and subsequently, resolve. If you think estrogen is low, stop AI. Stay off until next bloodwork or until you get some actual high estrogen sides. If that occurs, I suppose get back on, at your prescribed dose, until testing can be done.

-Jim

Last edited:
You may not need an AI on your current protocol. You should not be using one until you have blood work indicating that your E2 is elevated. So stay on the test cyp and hCG for six weeks. Then get blood work to see where that puts you. Add an AI at that time if needed. Post your blood work results here and we can help you interpret them. Crashing your E2 is not any fun at all. I imagine you won't make that mistake again. Give it a week or two and you will hopefully be feeling better again.

You asked if hCG will help your testicles and fertility. It will if you have Secondary Hypogonadism. It will not however if you have Primary Hypogonadism. It ia important to know which type you have. You need to get a copy of your blood work before you started TRT so you can see what your TT, LH a s FSH were at so you can know which form you have.

Thx again for the advice Megatron. My estradiol came back at 121ng/DL and therefore my doc prescribed me arimadex 0.25mg twice a week. At this point I have no idea what is going on with my E2 because unlike yesterday, I woke up this morning with a hard wood and felt awesome, despite the fact that I only slept 4 hours last night. I don't feel tired, I have no brain fog, my head was clear, sharp, I can concentrate and I was very assertive today. Weird! My doctor is an hour drive away so I decide to just order a bloodtest online instead.

I wasn't against trying HPTA restart, my doctor mentioned HPTA restart to me but then she still put me straight on test. And yeah, Jimstigator was right, the immediate result that I experienced, and because of my job. I had people that complained about my poor performance at work and I lost a big client because of that..that's why I didn't bother asking her again about the HPTA restart..But now I start thinking about having kids and all and I don't want to screw this up, I will ask my doctor again.

Megatron...you already know the answer - immediate results. Or, Drs pushed TRT due to lack of knowledge regarding Clomid/Nolva.

Taylorology -

1) Stop taking Nolvadren XT. Thats a joke. You are now on real medication.
2) Relax and stick to a protocol. You can't chase symptoms around with an AI or you will never get tuned in.

Your protocol is ok - you just need to stay on it. Consider stopping the AI if you feel crashed, then wait. You mention things like achy joints - not something you can just chase around on a day by day basis - they take time to develop and subsequently, resolve. If you think estrogen is low, stop AI. Stay off until next bloodwork or until you get some actual high estrogen sides. If that occurs, I suppose get back on, at your prescribed dose, until testing can be done.

-Jim

Thx jim, my estro from last bloodwork came back at 121ng/dl, it is not high enough to take arimadex? I guess I will stop arimadex for a week and see how it goes. But when I was on Test-C and nolvadren xt only, it kept me away from water retention and I don't feel bloated. I actually felt great on it. does low estro causes bloating? Because when I took arimadex I always felt bloated in the morning.

I will order an estrogen labwork and post it her as soon as I get them.

After doing research I revised my dosing protocol to the following:

Monday & Friday : 500i.u HCG
Friday: 150mg Testosterone Cypionite
Tuesday & Friday : 0.25mg Arimadex

But I will stop arimadex for now and see how it goes.

thanks again guys!

Last edited:
Thx again for the advice Megatron. My estradiol came back at 121ng/DL and therefore my doc prescribed me arimadex 0.25mg twice a week. At this point I have no idea what is going on with my E2 because unlike yesterday, I woke up this morning with a hard wood and felt awesome, despite the fact that I only slept 4 hours last night. I don't feel tired, I have no brain fog, my head was clear, sharp, I can concentrate and I was very assertive today. Weird! My doctor is an hour drive away so I decide to just order a bloodtest online instead.

I wasn't against trying HPTA restart, my doctor mentioned HPTA restart to me but then she still put me straight on test. And yeah, Jimstigator was right, the immediate result that I experienced, and because of my job. I had people that complained about my poor performance at work and I lost a big client because of that..that's why I didn't bother asking her again about the HPTA restart..But now I start thinking about having kids and all and I don't want to screw this up, I will ask my doctor again.

Thx jim, my estro from last bloodwork came back at 121ng/dl, it is not high enough to take arimadex? I guess I will stop arimadex for a week and see how it goes. But when I was on Test-C and nolvadren xt only, it kept me away from water retention and I don't feel bloated. I actually felt great on it. does low estro causes bloating? Because when I took arimadex I always felt bloated in the morning.

I will order an estrogen labwork and post it her as soon as I get them.

After doing research I revised my dosing protocol to the following:

Monday & Friday : 500i.u HCG
Friday: 150mg Testosterone Cypionite
Tuesday & Friday : 0.25mg Arimadex

But I will stop arimadex for now and see how it goes.

thanks again guys!

Was it estrogen or estradiol? It is an important difference. And are you sure it wasn't measured in pg/ml?

Back