28. 3 weeks on TRT. Initial labs.

your thyroid is functioning almost optimally right now if those are the free t3 n free t4 labs? how are the morning and evening temps?

as your htpa stops sending lh and fsh your thyroid wont be able to steal it so in a few months recheck the tsh ft3 ft4 just to be sure.

Last edited:
your thyroid is functioning almost optimally right now if those are the free t3 n free t4. how are the morning and evening temps?

For a while I thought my temps were a little low. I kept getting reading in the mid to low 96's but I'm pretty sure they were off because I was using a $5 thermometer. I have been to the doctor twice in the last 3 weeks (sinus infection and new test doc) and both my readings were in the low 98's. Unrelated but blood pressure was 120/70 last visit. Solid.

your thyroid is functioning almost optimally right now if those are the free t3 n free t4 labs? how are the morning and evening temps?

as your htpa stops sending lh and fsh your thyroid wont be able to steal it so in a few months recheck the tsh ft3 ft4 just to be sure.

Just saw that second part. Doc is retesting in 5 weeks.

Just got my iodine drops in the mail. I ordered them after my initial labs. But then after seeing my second labs, I'm not sure if I should take them. Thoughts?

Bumping to see if anyone has any input.

TSH: 1.3 (0.5-4.7 UIU/ml)
T3: 3.3 (2.3-4.2 PG/ML)
T4: 7.7 (4.4-12.4 UG/DL)

Last edited:
Ok guys I am about 10 weeks in now. Got tested last week and testosterone level was up to 906 so we are going to maintain there. Estrogen has creeper up to 43 so we are now going to add Arimidex .5 mg once per week to see how my estrogen reacts to that. Thoughts on that Arimidex protocol please. Thanks!

Ok guys I am about 10 weeks in now. Got tested last week and testosterone level was up to 906 so we are going to maintain there. Estrogen has creeper up to 43 so we are now going to add Arimidex .5 mg once per week to see how my estrogen reacts to that. Thoughts on that Arimidex protocol please. Thanks!

.25mg of adex twice a week would be preferred. But 43pg/ml isn't very high for E2. You probably don't even need an AI. Especially if the ECLIA Assay was used to test your estradiol.

Thanks mega. I am retaining water and notice some bloat. Do you see any downsides with me trying .25 twice a week and getting tested again in 6 weeks?

.25mg of adex twice a week would be preferred. But 43pg/ml isn't very high for E2. You probably don't even need an AI. Especially if the ECLIA Assay was used to test your estradiol.

Ps my e2 was at 20 when I tested 8 weeks ago. So the fact that it has risen to 48 seems like good cause to add AI.

Turns out my doc was using the LC/MS test. Feels great knowing that I'm working with a knowledgable Doctor. So yeah my e2 actually did double. Prob because my test dose is pretty high and I'm taking HCG. Body fat is also high.

When I first started TRT obviously my nuts shrank a little bit, contracted and didn't really hang a lot, and hurt a little bit. Once I added HCG to the mix, that went away. Nuts dropped again and quit hurting. Over the last week they have contracted again and are very painful. Why would that happen over two months in to TRT? I have added Arimidex to my protocol for E2 control but I don't think that would cause this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This sucks.

When I first started TRT obviously my nuts shrank a little bit, contracted and didn't really hang a lot, and hurt a little bit. Once I added HCG to the mix, that went away. Nuts dropped again and quit hurting. Over the last week they have contracted again and are very painful. Why would that happen over two months in to TRT? I have added Arimidex to my protocol for E2 control but I don't think that would cause this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This sucks.

Are you still taking hCG? What is your protocol for it? How are you measuring the size of you of your testicles to determine they have shrunk?

Are you still taking hCG? What is your protocol for it? How are you measuring the size of you of your testicles to determine they have shrunk?

Yes still taking HCG. 250 3x per week. I am looking at them. Not rocket science. They have shrunken and no longer hang. They are pulled up against me and hurt like hell. This happened a little bit right when I first started TRT but corrected itself. Been almost a week now and still having this problem. Should I try upping my HCG slightly?

Could also be a bad batch from my compounding pharmacy?

Last edited:
Yes still taking HCG. 250 3x per week. I am looking at them. Not rocket science. They have shrunken and no longer hang. They are pulled up against me and hurt like hell. This happened a little bit right when I first started TRT but corrected itself. Been almost a week now and still having this problem. Should I try upping my HCG slightly?

Could also be a bad batch from my compounding pharmacy?

Believe it or not, I would recommend checking your estradiol. I personally notice that the testicles and dangle length change as my estradiol changes. Might just be me perhaps though???

Believe it or not, I would recommend checking your estradiol. I personally notice that the testicles and dangle length change as my estradiol changes. Might just be me perhaps though???

Got my Estradiol checked 2 weeks ago. It's in this thread somewhere. My levels had doubled since starting TRT and were high so I started taking .25 Arimidex twice a week, started that last week.

Got my Estradiol checked 2 weeks ago. It's in this thread somewhere. My levels had doubled since starting TRT and were high so I started taking .25 Arimidex twice a week, started that last week.

So what do you think? Your testicles changed in size at the exact same time as when you changed your estradiol dosage. Coincidence?

I noticed this problem shortly before I started Arimidex. Was actually hoping it would help. Hasn't so far. We shall see. Will just keep monitoring this. I sent the compounding lab an email asking if they had any complaints about latest batch of their HCG. I'll give it another week or so then if it's not better I'll just go see my doc.

I am concerned about my SHBG. 2 months ago it was already low at 13 L (16.5-55.9 NMOL/L) now my SHBG is even lower at 11 L (16.5-55.9 NMOL/L). I am well aware of the risks associated for men with low SHBG. And it's not pretty. My E2 was also high so I started AI. I have also read that an AI can help raise those SHBG as well. Also my free test went from 15. 2 (4.8 - 25.7 pg/ml) to 31.6 (4.8-25.7 pg/ml). I realize they work opposite of each other but I would really appreciate your thoughts on those low SHBG levels. Also I have iodine drops that I have not used yet. Iodine should help raise my body temp to normal levels and also help SHBG. I can try the drops. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back