32 yr First Cycle - A Steroid Diary

SlimDawg

Sats Pre-cycle
Height: 6'2
Weight: 185 lbs
BF: 16%
Training Experience: Expert (7 years of lifting and training hard)
Diet: Low Card, High Protein (I cheated and pigged out on carbs on week one :( )
Sleep Pattern: 8 hr MINIMUM!

Big thanks to Nightmare007 for the amazing post, I am following his first timer's guide exactly as written. Highly recommend everyone read it:
steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/642622-cycleing-beginners-guide-your-first-cycle.html

I am now one week into my cycle, just had my first pin of week 2, and here are my findings so far;

Weight: 190 lbs (5 lbs increase!)
BF: 15.9% - No BF gain, which means I put on 5 lbs of lean muscle, I am ecstatic!
Mood: Great!
Side-effects: None

General findings: I noticed an immediate increase in strength; The day after my first pin, I squatted 35 lbs heavier then I normally do. Recovery times in between sets is sky high, I was able to keep the rest time as low as 30-60 seconds between sets, while maintaining the same animal-like intensity during each 2 hour work-out session. A bit more sweat then I am used to, but I guess pushing this hard will do that. Although I do get muscle soreness if lifting heavy (usually 1 or 2 days later), I find it more bearable then usual. The "pump" I get while lifting has stayed with me the whole week. I feel strong, I feel driven.

ps: I haven't had a sip of alcohol in 2 weeks, considering I was a pretty heavy daily drinker, the cycle has been a positive force so far.

BRING ON WEEK 2!

Last edited:
Nice bro, if your following to a T, you can't go wrong with that. Goodluck with the cycle and keep us updated.

Good stuff.
Do your body and mind a favor and stay sober the whole cycle. You'll be glad you did.

Week 2 Results

END OF WEEK 2:

Overall weight gain: 9 lbs
Overall BF change: 0.9% Loss

Weight: 194 lbs
W2W weight:4 lbs gain
BF: 15.1%
W2W BF: 0.8% loss
Mood: Great, but slightly irritable. (I think it's the no driking or smoking weed, will blaze on tonight just to chill a bit)

Diet: Slacked on proper diet this week, I am sure I could have gained 8-10 lbs had I stuck to my plan, instead I skipped a few meals and ate pizza and ice cream (and I hate myself for it). I promise not to deviate from my meal plan next week (i'll post the actual plan below)

Cardio: Did lots of Cardio this week (to make up for eating junk), 1 mile jog prior to each workout + Jump rope (sets of 1 min in between each rep on leg day and on lowerback/Core day) + hot yoga twice this week.

Weight Lifting: I lifted heavy, but not as heavy as I know I can, did not push for my max, instead I did high intensity, high rep (12-14) high sets (4-5 sets) on 4-5 different machines/exercises per muscle group, with 30-60 rest in between.

General Findings: Failure to stick to a solid diet combined with excessive cardio has hindered lean muscle growth. I also felt exhausted at the end of the day, but not in a healthy tired way, more like the way you feel after boozing all night (my body was craving nutrients/protein)..gotta eat more!. I still feel great, but I am a bit disappointed with myself, discipline is key. I WILL BE MORE FOCUSED.

The plan for week 3:
Minimal Cario this week. I'll run 1 mile (9-10 mins) twice this week, and Hot Yoga only once.
I plan to lift VERY heavy, going straight into my heaviest (after warm up of course). Will take the reps down to 6-8 per set, taking it slow and feeling and enjoying the pain and the pump. Will do 3-4 sets per muscle group. 30-60 seconds rest in between.

I WILL EAT RIGHT! Here is my meal plan...gets repetitive and boring, but its easy for my wife to prepare, less complaints..(What you think I cook for myself??? :) )

Breakfast: 8am
Protein Shake - once scoop Isolate (30g), one banana, 5 strawberries, handful of blueberries, 2 eggs, whole oats>>> Magic Bullet

Snack: 10am
Can of tuna mixed with half a cup of 0% cottage cheese. (tastes like shit)

Snack 2: 11am
Handful (8-10) of almonds (non-slated, non-baked)

GYM TIME - 12-1:30PM

Post work shake: 1:30pm - One scoope (30g protein)

Lunch: 2pm
Chicken Salad - 2 pieces Lean chicken breast grilled or baked with only salt and pepper. Mixed greens and assorted veggies. Dressing is just a drop of olive oil with lemon juice and salt.
Sometimes I'll have a lean steak with the salad instead of chicken just to mix things up

Snack 3: 4pm
2 x Low fat string Cheese
Fruit
Handful almonds

Dinner: 6pm
Salmon Fillets, with Salad and quinoa
or Whole Wheat pasta with lean chicken/beef or fish

snack 4: 8pm
Protein shake...or more tuna and cottage cheese.

WEEK 3 HERE I COME!

End of Week 3

END OF WEEK 3:

Overall weight gain: 13 lbs
Overall BF change: 0.9% Loss

Weight: 198 lbs
W2W weight:4 lbs gain
BF: Machine was broken
W2W BF: Machine was broken
Mood: Great, but slightly irritable.

Weight Lifting: Heavy, low reps.

General Findings: Incredible strength gains, and very noticeable muscle growth. I am HUGE! People are now making comments on how big and strong I look...I can also see the difference. Love it!

Come on Week 4!

13lbs in three weeks? Please tell me you're using an Aromatase inhibitor (AI). What compounds are you using? If it's long ester gear, you're getting one hell of a placebo gain!

13lbs in three weeks? Please tell me you're using an Aromatase inhibitor (AI). What compounds are you using? If it's long ester gear, you're getting one hell of a placebo gain!

I am taking the exact compounds from Nightmare007's guide:
Testosterone enanthate 500mg per week(250mg on Monday and 250 mg on Thursday ) for 12 weeks
Exemestane 12.5mg everyday 15 weeks(depending on how prone you are , you can increase to dose to 25mg ed or reduce it to 12.5mg eod )
Hcg 500iu per week(250 iu on the dad you pin test,starting on week 5)
Hcg 1000iu everyday for 10days leading up to your PCT

Just to clarify, you think 13 lbs in 3 weeks is too much? (in the past I've manged to put on 10 lbs in 4 weeks while on only Creatine and NO2)

in any case, this IS my first cycle...I'd appreciate some constructive direction and real feedback rather than cynicism.

Cheers!

Jeez... with the results you're getting I'd swear you were on dbol or anadrol....

Immediate strength the day after 1st pin? And 13lbs of lean mass in 3 weeks?

I'm in Week 6 of my test e cycle and I've just started to notice strength gains (maybe around wk 5 TBH).

Jeez... with the results you're getting I'd swear you were on dbol or anadrol....

Immediate strength the day after 1st pin? And 13lbs of lean mass in 3 weeks?

I'm in Week 6 of my test e cycle and I've just started to notice strength gains (maybe around wk 5 TBH).

Is it your first cycle? I guess everyone is different, but from speaking with a few other guys who've cycled before, it seems some first timers tend to sometimes get freakish gains at first...but it sort of settles after....

But ya, I felt it pretty quick, right now, in week 4 it's way beyond anything I was expecting..not just in strength, but my boddy is noticeably different, a couple of people actually asked me if I was on gear LOL.

Is it your first cycle? I guess everyone is different, but from speaking with a few other guys who've cycled before, it seems some first timers tend to sometimes get freakish gains at first...but it sort of settles after....

But ya, I felt it pretty quick, right now, in week 4 it's way beyond anything I was expecting..not just in strength, but my boddy is noticeably different, a couple of people actually asked me if I was on gear LOL.

You got pics from before and from now?

I am taking the exact compounds from Nightmare007's guide:
Testosterone enanthate 500mg per week(250mg on Monday and 250 mg on Thursday ) for 12 weeks
Exemestane 12.5mg everyday 15 weeks(depending on how prone you are , you can increase to dose to 25mg ed or reduce it to 12.5mg eod )
Hcg 500iu per week(250 iu on the dad you pin test,starting on week 5)
Hcg 1000iu everyday for 10days leading up to your PCT

Just to clarify, you think 13 lbs in 3 weeks is too much? (in the past I've manged to put on 10 lbs in 4 weeks while on only Creatine and NO2)

in any case, this IS my first cycle...I'd appreciate some constructive direction and real feedback rather than cynicism.

Cheers!

Easy partner, there wasn't any cynicism or disrespect involved at all - just an observation and a question. 13lbs in 3 weeks is a rapid gain of body mass IF it's all muscle, especially if you're only taking a slow-release ester such as testosterone enanthate. I would expect that if you're retaining a great deal of water which is the first thing to increase when you start to see an elevation of estradiol, or in the case of your 10lb gains on creatine - creatinine. Hence my question about your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) usage.

We all gain at different rates and you will see some really good gains on your first cycle, but I would recommend getting a blood test just to make sure your current dose of stane is indeed keeping your levels in check. I hope that is constructive enough for YOUR cycle. :p

Easy partner, there wasn't any cynicism or disrespect involved at all - just an observation and a question. 13lbs in 3 weeks is a rapid gain of body mass IF it's all muscle, especially if you're only taking a slow-release ester such as testosterone enanthate. I would expect that if you're retaining a great deal of water which is the first thing to increase when you start to see an elevation of estradiol, or in the case of your 10lb gains on creatine - creatinine. Hence my question about your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) usage.

We all gain at different rates and you will see some really good gains on your first cycle, but I would recommend getting a blood test just to make sure your current dose of stane is indeed keeping your levels in check. I hope that is constructive enough for YOUR cycle. :p
Cheers Bud!

When I get my blood test, what am I looking for on the results to make sure everything is ok?

Week 4 Results

END OF WEEK 4:

Overall weight gain: 15 lbs
Overall BF change: 2.5% Loss

Weight: 200 lbs
W2W weight:2 lbs gain
BF: 13.5%
W2W BF: 1% Loss
Mood:Great

Weight Lifting: Heavy, low reps.

General Findings: Still very strong, and much bigger than normal. While most of my weight gains can be attributed to lean muscle, it's pretty clear from my mid-section that I need to cut down about 5lbs of fat. Still look and feel great though.

Week 5 this week.

Don't worry about cutting yet. If you're truly getting LBM gains like that keep bulking and reap the benefits.

Cheers Bud!

When I get my blood test, what am I looking for on the results to make sure everything is ok?

I usually worry about:
  • Total Testosterone - Lets you know if your stuff is good.
  • Estradiol - Lets you know you're using enough Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or not.
  • AST/ALT - Good to keep an eye on your liver values especially if taking orals.
  • Hematocrit/RBC - Important to know how your body is responding to external androgens in the process of making new red blood cells. Once you start getting close to the 50% mark, blood donation is highly recommended. Higher hematocrit/RBC = the thicker your blood is, potentially causing problems down the road.
  • Glucose - Can be a good one to know as long as you're fasting properly before the test. Can indicate pre-diabetes and insulin resistance.
  • LH/FSH - These should both be at very small values, letting you know that your body is reacting properly to the exogenous testosterone and shutting down your own temporarily.
That's pretty much the important stuff from the female panel you can order from privatemdlabs. BUN/Creatinine can be, but that's an easy one to mess up if you don't drink enough water or even happen to drink too much water before the draw. Hope this helps. :)

Back