3rd cycle, plus caber/prami advice

Russell77

Hey guys, I'm looking for some thoughts on a 3rd cycle plus some caber/prami advice. Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

---------------------------------------
37yrs old,
6'1" @250lbs
lifting on/off since 17
self/Dr. assisted testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for last 8 months

1st (crapy) cycle was early 2012 with Test/Ana Anavar (var) . Had no clue… but helped me realize my natural levels were previously way low. Tried full nolva/clomid PCT but only felt a little better for a bit and didn't really "recover" since I don't think there was a whole lot of recovery to be done. Can't be 100% sure since I had no prior bloodwork, but pretty sure I figured out why I'd felt like crap for the prior 5+ years.

A few months later tried a second PCT of HCG, plus a bunch of sups from N2BM suggested on the other board, getting bloodwork done along the way just to explore other options before having to make decisions on TRT. Saw a small increase in free test levels again, but decided with doctor that regardless of whether levels were originally low or affected by AAS, I needed to consider TRT. Of course a powerful lesson here is always do bloodwork before touching anything the first time… hindsight is 20/20, although I really don't think it would have changed the final outcome in my case.

2nd cycle was knowingly leading into testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) about a year after the first:
1-14 test e @480/wk
1-5 dbol @40mg/d
11-14 Anavar (var) @50mg/d

This led into test cyp ~@150mg/wk, aromasin @~3.5mg e2d, and HCG twice e8d @~220iu each shot. Still playing with amounts as bloodwork comes in and I learn more about my body and how it responds, but feel pretty close to what I remember as "normal".

I'm grateful for all the stuff I've learned on this board along the way. Reading through 1000's of posts, and input here and there from guys like DADAWG has made the journey much easier!
-------------------------------------------

So I'm thinking of starting #3 in January 2014, loosely planned to look something like this:
1-14 test e @400-500/wk
1-4 dbol @40mg/d
11-14 Anavar (var) @50mg/d
1-12 deca @300-400/wk

I'm very interested in learning more about deca, and have been reading a TON. The joint/healing properties intrigue me, plus the fact that higher doses seem to have great time-tested bulking results for many.

- not sure if 400/wk is enough to really notice benefits beyond joint support for my body weight?
- not sure if I should run it higher than test, and don't want to run test higher than 500/wk as that's when I start to notice shedding?

I'm also very interested in integrating deca into the future of my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at low doses for a few months on/off per year… My joints are in pretty good shape, but an old shoulder injury, plus an ankle injury, plus overall wear and tear of nearing 40 have me very interested :)

It seems that a lot of the deca related issues happen when guys try to come off, which obviously won't be a problem for me… I mainly just don't want to need a V.I.P. membership at Victoria Secrets.

My concern for "on-cycle deca dosage" is managing progesterone. From what I can tell I need to have caber or prami on hand, on top of my aromasin.
Caber seems hard to come by, and even when you can seems to be unstable in liquid form. I only have experience with and trust RUI… other than them everything looks like a scam lol

The negative sides often experienced with Prami freak me out since I get nauseous easily, and really can't afford to deal with other issues like screwing with my sleep etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions on any of the above would be greatly appreciated, and perspective from guys on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) would be especially valuable.

Thanks!

Your correct, Caber is unstable in liquid form so if you don't have a pill source, you have to go with Prami. Prami should be started @0.25mgs/ED and adjusted accordingly. Since you are worried about the sides, start off with 0.125mgs/ED(Half of 0.25) and bump up when comfortable. Take Prami before bed which will help with the sides.

I didn't see your goal; I'm assuming its to bulk or add mass. I also don't recall seeing a body fat estimate. With that said; if you are at 250 and want to add size, I recommend the deca being in the 500mg + range and the test being 700+....that's just my two cents.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback!

I didn't see your goal; I'm assuming its to bulk or add mass. I also don't recall seeing a body fat estimate. With that said; if you are at 250 and want to add size, I recommend the deca being in the 500mg + range and the test being 700+....that's just my two cents.

Goal of cycle is to add muscle. Goal of adding muscle is to look & feel better, while making it easier to loose more weight (which I know is mostly diet).

I don't know body fat %, and haven't been able to go by the stupid generic estimates since I was 8.

Most people guess I only weigh 200-220 since I have a very thick and heavy frame. I'd assume many here would tell me I should loose more weight before cycling, and ideally they may be right, but so far it's worked out far better than worse. I started at ~285lbs, and over the past 2yrs and 2cycles went down to 250 while adding a considerable percentage of muscle. Literally inches off my waist, and onto my chest, thighs, back, and arms. Strength has increased >70% on most moves.

I would LOVE to try more test, but feel limited by potential hair loss. I've had very thick hair my whole life and never considered I may loose it. In my experimenting I have a few times gone >500mg for short "tests" and every time noticed shedding.... if it weren't for that I'd be happy to try 750 test, with 500 deca. Some don't mind, but obviously for me it's more important to keep hair than gain faster, and the outcome of research I've done is you can take stuff that "may" slow it down, but it's still going to fall out if you're susceptible to MPB. So far it's not even receding and I'd like to keep it that way for a bit longer lol

This is sort of my dilemma... If I'm not wanting to go >500 on the test, do I need to keep deca at a 1:2 or 1.5:2 ratio, and if yes is it worth doing "mid" doses of deca at all since many say less than 500 only helps the joints. Maybe I should just stick with 450 test, and say 200 deca and be satisfied?

Thanks.

Back