400mg Test Cypionate- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Therapy Cycle

Before I make the comments below, I want to say that I really appreciate the members who came to my defense and gave good natured advice (especially those of you that PM'd me) there are obviously some people here who really do want to help.

This is so funny...

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127745

I hope you guys can understand why this really bugs me...

I just got BLASTED by stone cold (the administrator) and some of the other members at the same time for asking advice about using an amount of testosterone that's not even CLOSE to the amount of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) being used by this person, and from looking at his pics, I look a hell of a lot more built than this guy. And I have been training with weights 5 days a week for the past couple of years (not just stepping into the health club like this guy is) I have also had several years of training in the past (2 other times for 4-5 years almost every day)

What's up with this place? Is it pick and chose which people you want to flame and then make excuses for the ones that you're cool with?

I just don't get it.

It almost seems like if you want help because you want to get your libito and your lust for life back that's bad. If working out is a 'secondary goal' apparently that makes you less of a man and it offends the hardcore guys.

Everyone should be treated fairly.

My thread was moved without a good reason as if to say, "go away loser, you don't know shit." and then I start looking at other threads in the same category and find what appears to be an even worse situation.

LOL

By the way- Stone Cold edited one of his original comments to me. If he wanted to say it to me and hurt my feelings he should have let other people read what he said. If he was later ashamed by it, he should have appologized.

I posted my thread in that section for a lot of reasons- one of which was to get detailed expert answers about side effects, PCT, and dosages from the very people who laughed at me and were rude.

Go figure.

Meanwhile they talk shop easily and openly with people who look more out of shape than I do.

whatever.

Last edited:
Tawney wow you go on and on more then I do and thats A record I thought I held intill now welcom and conGrat you now beat me out for longest posts. Can I add my 2 cents? I don't know were you live but in florida those clenics are a dime a dozen.
And there ant no Doctors at these places except for some doctors name on the wall some were in the office. 400mg EW is a cycle just like people said all ready. Go to A real Doc.......

ps My first cycle ever was 250mg a week of Test for 12 weeks and i got big and strong on that 250.

Last edited:
Al.......You are such a little girl, are you sure this is you and not your wife posting?

Where did I "Blast you"? Maybe go back and re-read my post #2......400mg/week is NOT HRT......that is a cycle.

That so-called HRT clinic is nothing more than a scam selling steroids.

You are going to get yourself into way more serious problems than no libido.

My suggestion would be to go to a REAL doctor and get a true script for HRT if you do indeed have low testosterone levels. BTW, usual dosage for HRT is 100 - 150 mg/week

That was some pretty solid advice my friend. Your whole problem stems from the fact that you don't know the difference between legitimate HRT and running a cycle.

As for moving your thread from the My Cycle forum to the Anabolic forum, maybe if you read the "sticky" at the top of the my cycle forum, you'd realize why.

Tawney said:
I posted my thread in that section for a lot of reasons- one of which was to get detailed expert answers about side effects, PCT, and dosages

....and the "Sticky" I refer to states;

THIS Forum: The "My Cycle" Forum is ONLY for members to post their current cycles and to keep us updated as to their results thus far. Also feel free to post your past cycles and their respective results.

Keep any questions in the Anabolic Forum

Thank you for your cooperation ;)

Last edited:
Tawney said:
Geez...

What an out of the blue instant attitude attack. I am NOT trying to show off, brag, act smug about anything, or be foolish. Yet I am being instantly flamed by a couple of people as if I have done something wrong. This site is FILLED with dozens of posts in this very same folder with guys taking double the amount of testosterone and STACKING other steriods on top of THOSE!!! LOLOLOLOL

Gimme a break. I feel pretty freggin' attacked right now.

Maybe I am reading the responses wrong (because they are typed and I cannot see your faces or hear the tone of your voices) if so- I appologize. sincerely.

Stone Cold said:
"You are going to get yourself into way more serious problems than no libido."

Would you please qualify that statement with a better explanation. That's the kind of 'ominous' scary media statement that makes the person feel like they just shared a needle with an AID's patient. Expressing your concerns would help a lot more.

And while I'm thinking about it... if you yourself have taken more than a 200mg shot of test per week then please also explain to me why your body (which I assume didn't even have low test levels when you started) is "special" and safer, and more capable of having a shot than any other people. You yourself said HRT is 100-150mg. 200mg is not far above that... and doing a dose 2 times a week instead of once is to keep the levels stable instead of the see-saw effect that makes you feel great for the first 5 days and crappy for the last 5. (or so I was told) if that's not true I need to know... but the endo journal charts seem to show this to be true- after 3-5 days the steady level drops fast.

Al

Again.....where was this so-called attack?

Problems you may face running 400mg/week and thinking it is HRT;
1-Gyno
2-Water retention/bloat
3-High Blood Pressure
4-Acne
5- Complete "Crash" after cycle ends, unless you think you're gonna run 400mg/week for life? This will be due to the fact that you don't know anything about running a post cycle therapy (pct) and trying to restore your HPTA, if that's even possible in your circumstance.
6- No lidibo post cycle.
....shall I go on ?

Now to address your last paragraph;
Nothing makes me nor anyone else special to use more than a true HRT dosage, except I and most others know exactly what we are doing, where it's obvious you don't.
When you say that dosing twice a week keeps blood levels more stable, that is 100% correct, but you lose me when you think that if you a prescribed 200mg/week you need to double your dosage instead of injecting 100mg twice a week.

Now we're getting somewhere. I have a couple questions if that's ok?

In your opinion, since I have only done 2 injections- would it be safe to just start from this point on at 100mg for my next injection, and then continue that way for the 10 weeks? (100mg 2x weekly)

I also was told by the clinic to start Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) a few weeks in, (at 250iu 2 times per week) and they also have a plan to start me on clomid/nolva after the 10 weeks is ending for a rest period equal to the 10 week cycle..

(again, if there is something special (different) that you guys are doing for PCT, I haven't read about it on the boards but I would like to know very much.)

Also, am I to assume that the sides would be much less, and at this point (since it's only been a week at 400) that no serious damage has been done, and the correction of dose would pretty much fix the potential threat?

Also- I'm not trying to start trouble but let me make sure I understand you on this one particular point... the 6 side effects you so ominously described were said to me because you feared that I had the idea of 'staying at a 400mg dose for extended periods, right? (they don't nessisarily apply to someone who was only going to do that for 8-10 weeks?) Right?

because if not, that would make you and anyone else who tried Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) "CRAZY" for even considering it based on the risk... anyone who tried 400 would have hell to pay, and it wouldn't matter if you were Stone Cold or whoever: 'Knowing exactly what you are doing' would be meaningless in that case- unless you had a special pill that you took to counter the side effects that you are keeping a big secret. (other than arimidex)

Right?

I mean you even said that HPTA would be probably not restorable: but what you mean is only if a person ran 400 for some long period of time (not 8-10 weeks) correct?

If that were the case- NOBODY who ever ran a short cycle could have thier HPTA back.

Again- I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm simply clarifying what you have said to me, because you're not here in the room with me to do so more easily, and you worded it all so ominously again. Dosage+time=risk

You made those scary comments mostly because of the long period you thought I would be taking them for, correct?

Please try and understand that I was just trying to get you to discuss these facts with me in the way you are doing now.

Your first comment to me would not have done me much good. (without the last 2 posts you just made) I know you don't exactly 'get what I mean', but if you had asked ME a question in the feild that I was the expert, THEN you would understand how incomplete, brushed off, and 'get lost you stupid fool' that original post made me feel like.

That's why I hate message boards, because they are a poor form of human contact, and a far cry from a human voice and a handshake.

Last edited:
Tawney said:
Now we're getting somewhere. I have a couple questions if that's ok?

In your opinion, since I have only done 2 injections- would it be safe to just start from this point on at 100mg for my next injection, and then continue that way for the 10 weeks? (100mg 2x weekly)

I also was told by the clinic to start Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) a few weeks in, (at 250iu 2 times per week) and they also have a plan to start me on clomid/nolva after the 10 weeks is ending for a rest period equal to the 10 week cycle..

(again, if there is something special (different) that you guys are doing for PCT, I haven't read about it on the boards but I would like to know very much.)

Also, am I to assume that the sides would be much less, and at this point (since it's only been a week at 400) that no serious damage has been done, and the correction of dose would pretty much fix the potential threat?

Also- I'm not trying to start trouble but let me make sure I understand you on this one particular point... the 6 side effects you so ominously described were said to me because you feared that I had the idea of 'staying at a 400mg dose for extended periods, right? (they don't nessisarily apply to someone who was only going to do that for 8-10 weeks?) Right?

because if not, that would make you and anyone else who tried Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) "CRAZY" for even considering it based on the risk... anyone who tried 400 would have hell to pay, and it wouldn't matter if you were Stone Cold or whoever: 'Knowing exactly what you are doing' would be meaningless in that case- unless you had a special pill that you took to counter the side effects that you are keeping a big secret. (other than arimidex)

Right?

I mean you even said that HPTA would be probably not restorable: but what you mean is only if a person ran 400 for some long period of time (not 8-10 weeks) correct?

If that were the case- NOBODY who ever ran a short cycle could have thier HPTA back.

Again- I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm simply clarifying what you have said to me, because you're not here in the room with me to do so more easily, and you worded it all so ominously again. Dosage+time=risk

You made those scary comments mostly because of the long period you thought I would be taking them for, correct?

Please try and understand that I was just trying to get you to discuss these facts with me in the way you are doing now.

Your first comment to me would not have done me much good. (without the last 2 posts you just made) I know you don't exactly 'get what I mean', but if you had asked ME a question in the feild that I was the expert, THEN you would understand how incomplete, brushed off, and 'get lost you stupid fool' that original post made me feel like.

That's why I hate message boards, because they are a poor form of human contact, and a far cry from a human voice and a handshake.

Al, I am also on HRT. I have also run cycles. If I was you I would stick to the HRT dose of 200-250mg every week. I would also split the dosage, to reduce aromatization, and avoid some possible sides. Shoot on Monday and Thursday. Run at this dose and see how you feel. As far as the adex goes at the 200-250mg ew dose you might not even need it, and yes .25 - .5mg ed might be just fine for this low dose of test. I have not had any problems as of yet @ 250mg ew split dose. I have friends on HRT also, who have had problems on 250mg ew single dose. When the dose was split the problem was alleviated.

PM me if you have additionally questions on HRT. I will not prescribe you doses, but I can tell you what works for myself, and others.

I just came across this thread and found it discussed the very thing I am thinking of doing. I called the receptionist at a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) clinic this week and found that the normal Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for older men like me is exactly what Al had found: 200 mg Test Cyp twice a week! So no matter what you label it--cycling or HRT-- that is what is being done for older men who want their testosterone levels boosted. I am well aware that 400 mg Test Cyp a week is high, and may decide to go with less, but the point I want to make is that this is the norm, and Al is not so far off base as some of the posts have intimated.
And yes, there is a blood test initially and at from time-to-time during the therapy.
Finally, Al, I would be interested to know just how your Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) went, what dosage of testosterone you finally settled on, and what problems, if any, you encountered.

Back