400mg Test Cypionate- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Therapy Cycle

Tawney

400mg Test Cypionate- HRT Therapy Cycle

This is Al (Tawney's husband)

OK...

So this evening I recieved my HRT treatment in the mail. I was very happy that it actually came, so it's probably not a scam, and it did have the name, address and phone no# of the compounding pharmacy on the bottles, so that made me feel more comfortable that it was real. It included 10 weeks of 200mg Test Cypionate shots (to be taken twice per week- or just once per week if I choose to) and 30 arimidex (anastrozole) capsules 1mg each.

I think I will do 200mg on Wed. morning and Sat night- 400mg per week.

I did the bloodwork and signed up for HRT to raise my libito, but It seems dumb to sit on my ass when I am going to have 400mg of testosterone in my system every week. That would be silly. I belong to a health club, I've been working out a lot lately anyway, and I have the evenings free to spend there, so it makes sense to be working out 5 days a week for a couple hours I guess. The testosterone should help a lot. I really don't want the weight gain too much- but I wouldn't mind getting solid and strong. I'm sure that even if I diet to get the six-pack and keep the weight gain small that I will still make noticable visual gains. I will post some before pics in a week or two, along with pics from last year (before I was even working out AT ALL, LOL)

My reason for running a cycle log would be to help other 40 year old men who have low test levels. I feel a mess from my own low levels, so if I suddenly start having great sex and looking like Brad Pitt, then maybe I will inspire another middle aged guy to just go ahead and get the blood tests and sign up with a clinic for some help with his problem. If I can help just ONE OTHER GUY it will have been worth it.

I just did my first injection in the thigh (not the ass) because I am new at this, and obviously I can reach my leg more easily . I was also given 20gauge and 22gauge tips, which helped a little. It was easier than I thought to do the first one, but the moments leading up to it were VERY SCARY. It's hard to explain, because I didn't expect to be even a little bit nervous. LOL but my heart was beating 100 miles an hour as I was pushing the plunger down. Anyway- It worked, no blood when I pulled back, and no pain until 20 minutes later... now it's a little bit sore, but no big deal. I also kinda got a strange warm feeling about 15 minutes afterwards that faded into happiness (that's the best I can describe it)

I now have a very IMPORTANT question... Do I need to start taking the arimidex (anastrozole) capsules immediately today, or should I wait for a week or 2? The guy from the HRT clinic said to wait 2 weeks, but when I look at endocronology graphs online they seem to show a rise in estrogen pretty much from day one. It peaks by day 3 at close to the top of the acceptable limit even with only a 200mg injection. LOL So I kinda feel confused about whether I need them right away or not with a "400mg total" per week dosage of test cyp. I could also just do 200mg per week of the Test... but now that I have decided to go ahead and work out a couple hours a day nice and hard to try and make this whole situation be of benefit to my entire life and body (not just my libito- which is the original reason I went for blood tests in the first place) it makes more sense to stick with the 400mg.

Anyway- DO I need to take the arimidex immediately?

and also... I've heard that .25mg per day has been taken by many bodybuilders who were in the 500mg weekly test cyp. range instead of taking a whole 1mg per day.

I only got 30 of them included for what the HRT cost me, so if I can get away with using half or 1/4 of the pill, then I could make them last the entire 10 weeks... if not, I will need to purchase more.

Thanks in advance- you guys have always been very helpful before with questions my wife has asked, and I'm glad that I'm a member here- SERIOUSLY.

I'll try my best to do a good log, and also to answer all of your questions.

400mg/week is NOT HRT......that is a cycle.

That so-called HRT clinic is nothing more than a scam selling steroids.

You are going to get yourself into way more serious problems than no libido.

My suggestion would be to go to a REAL doctor and get a true script for HRT if you do indeed have low testosterone levels. BTW, usual dosage for HRT is 100 - 150 mg/week

Did you have blood work done?? What were your test levels?? To answer your question, I would wait on the Arimidex. Maybe start after week 2 and start w/1/4 tab every other day. just my 0.02

just do it, if the doc gave it to that willingly, shouldn't be hard to get more of whatever you need

hrt in the mail at 400mg a week...sweet deal. If it's too good to be true, it's probably is.

Geez...

What an out of the blue instant attitude attack. I am NOT trying to show off, brag, act smug about anything, or be foolish. Yet I am being instantly flamed by a couple of people as if I have done something wrong. This site is FILLED with dozens of posts in this very same folder with guys taking double the amount of testosterone and STACKING other steriods on top of THOSE!!! LOLOLOLOL

Gimme a break. I feel pretty freggin' attacked right now.

Maybe I am reading the responses wrong (because they are typed and I cannot see your faces or hear the tone of your voices) if so- I appologize. sincerely.

Stone Cold said:
"You are going to get yourself into way more serious problems than no libido."

Would you please qualify that statement with a better explanation. That's the kind of 'ominous' scary media statement that makes the person feel like they just shared a needle with an AID's patient. Expressing your concerns would help a lot more.

And while I'm thinking about it... if you yourself have taken more than a 200mg shot of test per week then please also explain to me why your body (which I assume didn't even have low test levels when you started) is "special" and safer, and more capable of having a shot than any other people. You yourself said HRT is 100-150mg. 200mg is not far above that... and doing a dose 2 times a week instead of once is to keep the levels stable instead of the see-saw effect that makes you feel great for the first 5 days and crappy for the last 5. (or so I was told) if that's not true I need to know... but the endo journal charts seem to show this to be true- after 3-5 days the steady level drops fast.

Jay C- Yes I had blood work done, my doctor said my levels were low (high 300's) and that my 'free test' was only 1%, which he said was truly very low. HRT wasn't his area, so he said to go find a clinic on my own and he gave me the test results... I found the clinic online and was offered 200-400 per week. Stonecold, You act like I was offered 1000mg a week and 50mg of Dbol a day... I admit that they didn't offer me 100 per week, but they said that I wouldn't feel any change on the patch or at 100mg per week. After reading other men's posts, and these charts I tend to think it's probably true:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/84/10/3469.pdf?ck=nck

Aczech said: If it's too good to be true, it's probably is."

funny thing is- that's ALL he said. That was not helpful at all. I tend to wonder where a comment like that is coming from, 'agenda wise'.

Maybe I'm wrong about what Aczech has said too? Please qualify, 'explain' the comment. Obviously I understand the concept of "it's too good to be true" but you were implying something with it... are you saying it's fake? are you saying I'm lying? are you saying... well... what ARE you saing.

These blanket staements all seem like flames to me. A kind word of advice goes a LONG way. It means more to the listener, and contains useful advice. These statements that I got were... well... mean spirited and not very useful.

except for this one: "To answer your question, I would wait on the arimidex. Maybe start after week 2 and start w/1/4 tab every other day. just my 0.02"

THANK YOU. That sounds reasonable. It also sounds like thoughtful, helpful advice. I will take the advice (so long as I don't feel any tenderness in my nipples, or see too much bloating) But I guess in that case I would need nolvadex at that point instead of to start taking the arimidex? right? or would arimidex still have value when you were already beginning to feel your nipple reacting to the high estrogen levels? I was led to believe that "at that point" the only defense would be to shut off the breast receptors immediately with nolvadex... is this accurate?

Al

Last edited:
Ok, so for those interested- or who have never had a testosterone injection before-

The first 2 days are kinda weird. Mostly because you don't know what to expect. Even though you read other peoples comments it doesn't matter. LOL

You still wonder all day long, how is this gonna affect me?

In my case, I feel the same. Sex drive feels the same (low) but I caught myself thinking about it a couple times in the last 2 days and feeling that 'pit of my stomach excited feeling'- so I would guess that is a good sign.

Although I have been told that you will have no effects in the first few days, I have to say that there definitely was at least one change that occurred 24hrs after injection. When I worked out before I had a very very hard time feeling any sort of a decent pump. I am familiar with good pumps, and at age 30 when I trained with weights I used to get great pumps. Anyway: The past 2 days I DID get a good pump during both workouts. It stayed that way for 20 minutes after I left (which is also not at all typical for me anymore) and the vien in my bicep popped out and stayed that way through the workout (normally it's flat and never does shit.) Apparently SOMETHING is starting to happen. Who the hell knows.

That's all I have to report. I also have a habit of eating a little bit off my healthy diet when tempted to, but that has stopped. I know that I need to be careful with my bodyfat percentage for many reasons. The only cheating I used to do was a piece of candy here and there, or a bowl of cereal (regular type instead of the 7 dollar real oatmeal that I am supposed to eat.) But from here on in I'm gonna put a zipper on my mouth. LOL

I'm also gonna ask about getting some Nolva and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to have on hand. Apparently Arimidex is not enough even though my dose is very low.

Last edited:
actually that's not ture at all. No this post is not a joke. I don't know why you think I have no clue just because I'm on HRT. I've spent many years working out through my life, but I don't feel the need to focus only on that aspect. A lot of guys on here probably have low libito (and want to talk about it) and many probably just wonder what low dose test is like, etc...

You have not said one thing other than mean comments to me. If your aim was truly to educate you would point out specific concerns and things for me to be careful about (concened about, etc) instead of mocking me.

Is this the way an administrator acts?

I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

Bro, 400mg test c is NOT an HRT dose. It's a mild cycle. If you said 250mg...that would be the upper end of an HRT dose. You need to post this as a cycle and leave the hrt shit out of it.

Thank you for explaining that point.

When I was sent my Hrt, they told me that 200mg might not be enough for me to feel results and that 200mg 2 times per week was better. They told me to decide how I felt after 2-5 days and dose it accordingly.

If my own doctor had just helped out in the first place (which is a common problem from what I have read) then none of this would be left up to me.

I researched the testosterone dosing charts online and the comments from other men who complained when their levels dropped from too much time between dosing, and thought to myself, "ok, I can see where they are coming from. That seems logical. Maybe I should go ahead and do 2 doses per week. or maybe one every 5 days."

I didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers... but to be totally honest: if your feathers are that easily ruffled, then the gym workouts obviously aren't relieving much stress.

I started back to daily exercise (an hour or more at my health club strength training) about a year ago. Before that there were 3 other times in my life that I ran 3-5 years steady at the gym with a body I was proud of. I am by No Means a bodybuilder, but I take exercise and proper eating seriously. (and I look a hell of a lot better than most of my other 40 year old friends.)

If the difference between "just one 200 poke a week" is the difference between HRT and a cycle, then obviously I need to know more... but that sounds like a very fine line.

Last edited:
The difference between "just one 200 poke a week" and two is DOUBLE! You mentioned in your first post that you are a member of a gym so you might as will start working out now that you are taking Juice? Are you kidding??? You should not take juice at that dose unless you have maxed you natural potential to grow and you have your nutrition and other aspects together. I have seen people gain 20 lbs off a 10 week 250 mg per week cycle. 400 mg per week is NOT HRT! I think people are trying to tell you this to help you. I am not an expert but I would not start using at that level until you are really ready. There is no way you can stay on 400 mg per week. That is something like 40 times what you body produces naturally. HRT is 100 – 200 (max) per week and for folks that have low test. It is designed to bring a man from below 350 test level to between 500 – 800 test level. I could not guess what yours would be if you stayed on 400 mg per week 4 ever? Get help...lol

You'll fine bro. No flame here just trying to gather info and help.
No, in my opinion you don't need Nolvadex during your cycle if you have Arimidex. Arimidex is all you need. If you start getting gyno sides, you simply increase your Arimidex dose but I don't think that will happen.
You'll definetly get more out of your HRT if you commit to a good diet and weight training program... so kudo's that you've recognized that.
Like Azech said, it just sounded odd because HRT is not that high but oh well, if they approved you to go higher, great! :)

bro forget what they doctors on this post are saying bout HRT... Fine they argue that its a cycle and not hrt well I was also given the same option like you for 400mgs, but I do beleive you should not continue a full year at that dose... Do 200 week or 150.. The after few months bump it up for while.... I'm not bashing anyone cause I don't have a degree in HRT or doctrine in mediciene but don't go off on the guy for asking you making him sound like he is doing an illegal therapy.

hey some doctors give out high dose of other meds that are questionable but its within reasonable articuable doses according to blood work

Tawney said:
If the difference between "just one 200 poke a week" is the difference between HRT and a cycle, then obviously I need to know more....

You said it perfect, right there!

Tawney: You don't "cycle" HRT.

Let's back up. What do you want to do? HRT or a steroid cycle? They are two completely different things.

coles notes

serious problems=an HRT clinic that gets shut down by the feds for selling steroids, then you are in trouble...NOT GOOD...

i bet you paid crazy ass $$$ for this "HRT"

phats

thats not true you send blood work and a doctor fills a script for your medical problem the company or doctor would take the hit by Feds can't give legal advice if your not in the field or can show proof of a law ... Never heard or read of any person taking down by Feds other than athelets.

Back