5/8 needle Gluteal IM injection

Blidds

So I started my first cycle and have been doing Test E 250 mg twice a week. I just finished up my 3rd injection and I looked at the needle package and it said 5/8 needle and I was told these were 1' needles which is needed for gluteal Im injections. So with that said Ive been using 5/8 needles this whole time without knowing. Have I wasted the gear? Should I just keep using these needles or should I get 1 ' needles. Im triggered I dont want to mess my first cycle up

Most will use 1.5 inch needles for glutes. You can probably use those for delts, maybe quads. You could order the proper needles and use 5/8 needles to draw with.

Always prepare everything before starting a cycle, i like to get hoard everything.
Imagine you waste some needles, you want to lower dosage but extend cycle by a week for whatever reason, what about drawing needles ? etc etc

I have 21g, 23g, 25g, 27g, 29g needles, enough that I could use each ED and still have needles over of each after my cycle.
You just never know what you might just need at "that exact moment" :p

So I started my first cycle and have been doing Test E 250 mg twice a week. I just finished up my 3rd injection and I looked at the needle package and it said 5/8 needle and I was told these were 1' needles which is needed for gluteal Im injections. So with that said Ive been using 5/8 needles this whole time without knowing. Have I wasted the gear? Should I just keep using these needles or should I get 1 ' needles. Im triggered I dont want to mess my first cycle up

5/8" needle can work if you don't have any Fat on your Glutes, just Bury the Needle up to the Plastic.

So long as it's Not making a Lump, you are fine.............................. JP
P.S.
In the Future ~ Double Check your Purchases !

Last edited:
I used 5/8 25 guage for a while back in the day because I couldn't get anything else at the time. To this day I have some hard spots in my glutes, scar tissue. The doctor told me it's because I stretched the fascia because the needle wasn't buried deep enough. You will be fine but I would definitely get 1inch as soon as you can. Some people prefer 1-1/2 inch but I never needed anything over 1.

Good luck and keep making those GAINZ ;-)

Back