5 x 5 making me fat??????

deputy66

full contact fighter
i've been on a 5x5 program for about 6 weeks and im getting noticeably "fatter". I have the same diet and same cardio program, but yet im gaining fat especially around the love handles. whats the deal?????

its def not the routine, there has to be a change in diet\rest or mabey even your intensity of your cardio.

A specific routine with certain rep range (5x5) is not going to be the cause of you getting "fat"

What does cardio \diet look?

mister69 said:
its def not the routine, there has to be a change in diet\rest or mabey even your intensity of your cardio.

A specific routine with certain rep range (5x5) is not going to be the cause of you getting "fat"

What does cardio \diet look?

cardio 2 days a week 30 mins each

sled pulling 2 days

diet is clean high protein, moderate carbs, low fat

LOL
how can lifting weights whther you are a true bodybuilder or a powerlifter make you Fat?????????????????????????????

ther are some very ignorant people who make this connection and i dunno where it cmes from..i hear in the gym i dont want to powerlift because ill get fat..are some PL'ers fat? yes are some of them lean? yep

what you put inot your mouth is what will determine whether or not you can weight/muscle or lose fat along with your genteics/metabolism

lol, i have hear that all the time, Pl's are fat ..yeah right. Ever realize that some pullers are so ridiculously heavy muscled that must have something to do with the strength gains :goof:. There have been many pl's that convert to Bodybuilding and they dwarf all the competition with the back thickness and legs the size of tree trunks...Squats and deads baby!

blackbeard said:
LOL
how can lifting weights whther you are a true bodybuilder or a powerlifter make you Fat?????????????????????????????

ther are some very ignorant people who make this connection and i dunno where it cmes from..i hear in the gym i dont want to powerlift because ill get fat..are some PL'ers fat? yes are some of them lean? yep

what you put inot your mouth is what will determine whether or not you can weight/muscle or lose fat along with your genteics/metabolism

ok ok

the reason why you are getting fat..

is because the whole 5x5 routine kicks the crap out of you and makes you eat a lot more..nuff said

add another day of cardio or get more EFA's and drop some carbs and that will most likely fix it.
If your previous routine had you doing more high reps stuff or more volume then I could see how a decreased rep range and less volume could lead to a little fat gain since you wouldn't be expending as much energy and wouldn't be depleting glycogen as much, etc...- that might be the cause, jsut a guestimate though.

jeep said:
add another day of cardio or get more EFA's and drop some carbs and that will most likely fix it.
If your previous routine had you doing more high reps stuff or more volume then I could see how a decreased rep range and less volume could lead to a little fat gain since you wouldn't be expending as much energy and wouldn't be depleting glycogen as much, etc...- that might be the cause, jsut a guestimate though.

thanks jeep. thats kinda what i was thinking also. finally someone with a non-sarcastic opinion!!!

hey i wasn't being sarcastic.i was merely answering a dumbass question as simply as i could.so you wouldn't get things all fucked up.

pretty ricky said:
hey i wasn't being sarcastic.i was merely answering a dumbass question as simply as i could.so you wouldn't get things all fucked up.

wow are all people from Carolina as smart as you??? must be all dem book learnin' y"all do out there! :flipoffha

screw you thats it lets go!i'm gonna kick your ass!you want to meet me somewhere you chump!as stupid as i just sounded was not nearly as retarded as your question!i gave you the best answer anyone could have given you as simply as anybody could've given you.this is the respect i get for answering the age old question "is the 5x5 making me fat?"i guess you were looking for a scientific study huh.you want an indepth probe in to a bullshit question that doesn't have any depth to it at all!

pretty ricky said:
screw you thats it lets go!i'm gonna kick your ass!you want to meet me somewhere you chump!as stupid as i just sounded was not nearly as retarded as your question!i gave you the best answer anyone could have given you as simply as anybody could've given you.this is the respect i get for answering the age old question "is the 5x5 making me fat?"i guess you were looking for a scientific study huh.you want an indepth probe in to a bullshit question that doesn't have any depth to it at all!

HA HA HA!!!!! You're going to kick MY ass!!!!! I'll give the option of getting KO'd or submitted!! I don't want to bash in you pretty face so this is what i'll do. pay attention so you might be able to defend yourself: left jab, right cross, outside leg kick, double leg takedown into a full mount, then i'll roll you into an armbar then.................SNAP!!!!!! no more dumbell curls for pretty boy!! Here is some advice....never call out a cagefighter unless you want an ass beating. Let me know if your ever in southern california. :shoot2:

dude you are that damn dumb!that post flew right over your head!man you must not be very good at fighting cause somebody has beat the shit out of your brains.

Back