5th cycle, doing some mix/matching this time..thoughts?

baseball40

Hey guys,

Getting ready for my yearly run, let me know what you think.

6'5, 235-240lbs, 39yrs, bf ranges between 8-14% (probably closer to 11-12% right now)

Weeks 1-4: 800mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 60mgs Var
Weeks 5-8: 800mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 200mgs Tren-E
Weeks 9-20: 800mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 400mgs Mast-E
Weeks 21-24: PCT, Nolva (40mgs 2 weeks, 20mgs last 2 weeks) & 50mgs Clomid

Mainly looking for the thoughts on switching with Var, then Tren E and lastly Mast E. I've used Tren A and Primo in previous cycles, never used Tren E or Mast E.

Thanks guys!

I'm sure some more critique will come your way, but my 2 cents is that the tren e u have planned for weeks 5-8 is pointless. Imo, even tren ace for that short amount of time would be pointless. My thought, with the tren anyways, run it all the way thru cycle or at least 8 weeks.. And I'd go higher dose tren but that's me.

there is no point in running Tren E for 3 weeks in the middle of your cycle. if you want to do a 'cyclical' cycle where your switching up multiple compounds , then do a cyclical cycle ,, the cycle you laid out is neither a cyclical cycle or a standard cycle , and Imo your just wasting gear doing the way you have laid out.

if your want to run a Test/deca cycle as your basis and want to add an oral to kick start it , then kick start with the Var, or Tbol, or Dbol etc.. for the first 6 weeks. Or you could kick start the deca with some NPP for the first 5 weeks. if you want to run Masteron with it then run it the duration of the cycle.

keep in mind that 20 weeks is a very long run for high test and deca . your RBC is going to be pretty elevated and could cause problems down the road. personally 14 weeks is all I'd run deca for (actually i don't even like to run deca anymore cause of the elevated hematorcrit problems it causes me)

i did run Test/Deca/Mast cycle awhile back . i think you'd be happy just keeping it simple with just that . and you could still kick start it with an oral or front load it with a short ester like npp or mast prop

@soldier - would you keep the tren where it is at an add 4 weeks? so, weeks 5-12? On dosage, last cycle I tried it for just six weeks to mainly see how I handled the sides, it was fine. Used 200mgs of Tren A.

there is no point in running Tren E for 3 weeks in the middle of your cycle. if you want to do a 'cyclical' cycle where your switching up multiple compounds , then do a cyclical cycle ,, the cycle you laid out is neither a cyclical cycle or a standard cycle

yes I'm quoting myself :)

heres an example of a cyclical cycle. these cycles are meant for a long term run , like 6+ months, at moderate dosages

-Superdrol 20 mg dosed 3 times per day; on Monday and Tuesday only
- Tren Ace 150 mg ; daily weds and Thursday only
- Mast Prop 200 mg ; daily Friday and Saturday
- Test E ; 300 mg ; Sunday only
- Ment 100 mg - sunday and monday only

then after a few months you can drop one of the compounds and add in another . the point of the cyclical cycle is to not desensitize to the compounds cause your going from one compound to a new compound in a weekly format and thus not developing near as many side effects and spill over from running high dosages all week . thats why it can be run as a long term cycle .

again, OP, not sure if you were intending to do something like a cyclical cycle or not or your reasoning for the mix matching of the var, tren, mast

@soldier - would you keep the tren where it is at an add 4 weeks? so, weeks 5-12? On dosage, last cycle I tried it for just six weeks to mainly see how I handled the sides, it was fine. Used 200mgs of Tren A.

Good question. I'd be lying if I said I had an answer for you tho. Sure Roush can probably give ya some better thoughts on that, when in the cycle to start the tren. What are your goals for this cycle btw?? Tren is a potent compound. Good to hear it didn't do you wrong previously. My thought would be to maybe up the dose some. But again, need to know your goals. Personally I've only ran tren a couple times, and ran it from the beginning through to the end. 8-12 weeks each.

@roush, thanks man. Actually, was not looking at it that way.

I like using the test/deca as the base, been my base the last four cycles. I have used, dbol, sdrol, tbol and Var as kickstarts in those, liked using the Var the best. As mentioned in the other comment, I used Tren A for six weeks last cycle but it was mainly to 'try it out'. Ran Primo in that same cycle, loved it and just look at trying the Mast E this time.

As far as length, I know 20 weeks is long, all my cycles have been that. The recovery was fine on cycles 1, 3 & 4, but cycle 2 sucked. How about this?

Weeks 1-6: 600mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 60mgs Var
Weeks 7-15: 600mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 400mgs Mast E
Weeks 16-20: 600mgs Test-E, 400mgs Mast E
Weeks 21-24: PCT, Nolva (40mgs 2 weeks, 20mgs last 2 weeks) & 50mgs Clomid

Goal is continued lean muscle mass, endurance, focus, recovery and pain free (deca). That is the goal of every cycle I have done for a specific reason.

Weeks 1-6: 600mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 60mgs Var
Weeks 7-15: 600mgs Test-E, 400mgs Deca, 400mgs Mast E
Weeks 16-20: 600mgs Test-E, 400mgs Mast E

this looks good , only thing is you may think about bumping the Mast up to 600 mg. 400 is fine as a synergy, but if adding more lean mass is your goal then 600 will be better. and mast is a very clean compound with little sides and spill over , so you can run it high

oh and with that amount of test you'll prob want to run an AI

Last edited:
and as for the Tren . If your really wanting to experiment with it , then save it for a dedicated Tren cycle . its a great compound , deserves a lot more attention then just throwing it in a cycle to see . I'd plan a dedicated Tren cycle in the near future :)

@roush whatcha think about bumping the Var to 80mgs? Most I've done is 60mgs.

have your liver values always stayed in check on past Var cycles? you could bump it to 80 , but if the lower back and muscles pumps become a limiting factor in the gym , then I'd dial it back to the 60 .

Tren a and tren e are two different animals. Most prefer tren a. If sides get to be too much, you can change dose or drop completely and be ok with it in about a week. Tren e does not work in that fashion. I wouldn't recommend trying tren e for a first time especially not with deca. I do agree with bumping the mast up to atleast 600mgs. I don't use orals so I tend to not give advice on them. I like my liver lol.

I tried Tren A before, but in a small dosage. I'll just stay away from it and go w test/deca/Var to start and will kick the mast E in at week 7. Thanks guys!

at 39 i wouldnt run tren and dec esp without HCG for 20 weeks
stick to mast E, var, maybe a little deca or you will be a TRT

Back