70% Isopropyl alcohol ( IPA ) Rubbing Alcohol

DTIreland

me again, have seen a lot of chat about 99% Isopropyl alcohol to clean vials.. i got 70% Isopropyl alcohol ( IPA ) Rubbing Alcohol, used for TATTOOING & BODY PIERCING.

Will this do the same job or do i need 99%?

cheers

I used 70% to clean my beakers and media bottle. Used the hot oven to dry. But I plan on stopping by target or wal-mart of even the grocery store and buying 90-something%

The 90-something% stuff isn't readily available in Northern Ireland, I assume?

Last edited:
I get 91% at a local CVS... why that number i have no clue... what exactly is the difference?

some 99%

have got my hand on some 99%, think that should do the trick! If i have bought new vials i would simply put a little into the vial, swish it round, then through it out, place vials in oven until dry. That correct?

Once i take vials out of oven, place tinfoil over top (to keep out shit) then start to fill with product, put in stopper, crimp, is that good enough to keep them sterile, i know they wont be 100% but wana know if I will die after injection lol?

Taking all appropriate steps to filter, bottle top filtration etc

Cheers

Personally, I would wash the vials out with warm water in the sink and thoroughly rinse them out. Then do the isopropyl alcohol thing. I actually poor the alcohol back into the container after that. Yes, I'm very cheap. Last night I realized that I need to throw that alcohol away.

Anyway, I like to dry the beakers or media bottles or vials or whatever in the oven.

I think that the tin foil you mention isn't going to benefit you. Just leave the vials in the oven, which doesn't have a lot of dust floating around. Take the vials out of the oven when you need them.

Last edited:
Back