70's BB's...no Test, but great muscle

DUANABOL

How did Arnold and the other Pro Bodybuilders of the 70's develop such great muscles without the use of Test? I know that they used D-bol, Primo, etc., but I'm not aware of them using any form of Test. On this site, we recommend Test as the base of any cycle. Why is this the general recommendation when one can obtain a beautiful physique without Test (Enan, Cyp, Prop)?

If cycles without Test were good enough for the old school bodybuilders, then wouldn't they be good enough for you and me?

well I can just say look at the body builders of today wit compounds like test.
there is no doubt that u will gain size and strength from dbol, but what we r saying is that u will get much better quality of muscle along with it being easier to maintain. not to mention that the sides r a lot lighter then always taking a 17aa like dbol.
if the 70's body builders had test available to them they would have been even bigger then what they where.
and since we have advanced in the world of body building since the 70's we should take advantage of what we got. that’s like buying a black and white tv now a days.

There were a few differances, they had differant beleifes on training styles, diets, cardio, ect. No one but them really knows what amounts of the drugs they did take. BB is all about taking what youv learned and applying to learn more. From what I believe test was around but Im not 100% on that. There are also other drugs that BBs did not know to be benificial back then. One is insulin, another drug know of but very limited and dangerouse then was GH. Thats why we have guys competing shredded at 280. But I personally prefer older BBs.

I am not an expert, but from what I have been reading.. Health is answer.

I mean it seems to me like the long term sides will catch up with the long term primo/dbol user, but not as much as the test user.

That IS what I was saying... But I am not sure. Its just the impression I get from what I have read.

Bimmer said:
There were a few differances, they had differant beleifes on training styles, diets, cardio, ect. No one but them really knows what amounts of the drugs they did take. BB is all about taking what youv learned and applying to learn more. From what I believe test was around but Im not 100% on that. There are also other drugs that BBs did not know to be benificial back then. One is insulin, another drug know of but very limited and dangerouse then was GH. Thats why we have guys competing shredded at 280. But I personally prefer older BBs.
GH was not available until the mid 80's..i think there is so much difference today..we have better knowledge of training/diet/gear..arnold was notorious for hitting bodyparts 2x/wk with superhigh volume..all the top guys trained together and pretty much did the same thing..could you imagine if there was actually a better routine for arnie maybe something with less volume like say 5x5 or DC?? that info just wasnt around back then..

Golgo13 said:
I am not an expert, but from what I have been reading.. Health is answer.

I mean it seems to me like the long term sides will catch up with the long term primo/dbol user, but not as much as the test user.
I would like to hear from where you got that info. Primo is very mild and dbol is just a bit liver toxic but still a good drug IMO.

primo would probably be a great sub for test except for the fact that REAL primo is harder to find than a needle in a haystack and the cost of the amount of primo it would take to equal 600 mg of eth or cyp would be astronomical and it would take at least 1-1.5 grams of primo to equal 600 mg of test as far as gains .
btw the old ciba ? dbol was also considered much better than we have today as well so that might explain thheir gains as well .

stonecold54 said:
I would like to hear from where you got that info. Primo is very mild and dbol is just a bit liver toxic but still a good drug IMO.

Ah... Just reading off of here really.

Maybe part if the issue is I quit doing research on primo when I looked at the cost.

Bimmer said:
wasnt it available from cadavers, Im not 100% sure but I thought they were.
pre 80's it was only available from cadavers i highly highly doubt it made it into bodybuilding circles..

this early GH led to creutzfeld-jakob disease (cjd) a brain disease similar to mad cow

First of all, we don't know for sure if they were taking test or not... do we? I wouldn't be surprised if they were also doing test.

You guys.......just start thinking

MOST 90% of the pros then never weighed more than 200 lb.

Hence the weight class of 200 lb and below and 200 lb and above.

THERE ARE A TON OF NATURAL COMPETITIORS THAT WEIGH MORE THAN 200 lb now.

Don't always think its the drugs.

DirkMoneyshot said:
You guys.......just start thinking

MOST 90% of the pros then never weighed more than 200 lb.

Hence the weight class of 200 lb and below and 200 lb and above.

THERE ARE A TON OF NATURAL COMPETITIORS THAT WEIGH MORE THAN 200 lb now.

Don't always think its the drugs.
True, but the natural competitors of today don't look the way that Columbo, Katz, Zane, Metzer, and Arnold just to name a few did.

Back