8 weeks into 1st BULKING cycle

T

tboost

My bulking cycle...started around 170lbs. and a bodyfat of around 10% and 8 weeks into my cycle I am 205lbs. with a much higher bodyfat. I haven't had it taken but I would guess around 15-16%. Maybe more. Maybe less? Here are a few pics ...I will have one with my legs and chest soon. My measurements now are: Chest 43.5 in, Legs 24.5in, Biceps 17in, Forearms 14 in, Calves 15in, Neck 17in...Keep in mind no prior substance use and I'm 20 years old. Oh and I'm 5'8. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

i dont know how you guy guess your bodyfat without proper measurements. dude be carefull with you bodyfat man. i ran alot of miles last spring to get mine down. your handles r about the size of mine and im 270 plus. gotta see more than ya back too.
1 more thing. i know that ur bulking, but keep in mind. keeping your bf in check will sometimes make you appear bigger. and even better it will make you look better. good luck.

your bodyfat should not increase by 6% when bulking. Eat big and clean and you'll still gain albeit slowly - and even lose BF if your timing is dead on.

Also your bf% is higher than 16% - more like 20-23%.

Thanks for your replies Phatboy and Bula...The pictures are a bit deceiving...My goal was to get huge...Plain and simple I wasn't worried about adding excess bodyfat...I ate close to 5,000 calories a day, 1,000 carbs a day, 300 grams of protein and tons of fat...ignoring the slow gaining, eating clean method which I now know now is a better route to go. Anyone who has been an ecto and small will tell you that when bulking up for your 1st time you just want size plain and simple, but afterward you realize that its quality that matters, and I am leaning out now and when I get my bodyfat in check will bulk up clean. I don't think I am anywhere near 20% though because I can still see where my abs were{the lines}, but anything is possible. Just wait til summer!! I will be built well.
l went from 170lbs. - 205 lbs. in 8 weeks so obviously the additional fat and water gain was expected. I'm lookin' forward to seeing what's under there when I lean out.

Last edited:
You look around 15-18% by my trained eye and seeing how i see you everyday when we workout i would guess thats where your at. You made great gains this off season and keep up the good work!

Like I said tboost it doesn't matter if your up to 205 from 170 if you gained 10% bf then you put on 17lbs of fat! Your true gain is 8 lbs of muscle( just throwing some #s at you). Still impressive for 8 weeks but you could have eaten better weighed in at around 190 & you would look much bigger & much better. Not flaming you've made great progress. Just clean up the diet & hit some cardio. Get us some more pics..........xplode

Agreed. I will add muscle and burn fat ...bulking season is almost complete. Thanks everybody for your replies.

I did the exact same thing you did, then I found out how painfull and non-productive cutting was. I will never be wrecklessly bulk again.

Golgo when you say non-productive cutting what do you mean?? Have you ever leaned out since you bulked?? But yeah I won't ever bulk up wrecklessly again either.

tboost said:
I ate close to 5,000 calories a day, 1,000 carbs a day, 300 grams of protein and tons of fat...

1 gram carb = 4 cal
1 gram protein = 4 cal

1000*4+300*4=5200

As you can tell by my pictures...my diet wasn't set in stone...I tried to stay as close to 5,000 cals a day as possible...some days I was less. Some more...I'm glad to see that you can do math RULES. I don't know what the point of your post was other than to try and negate the integrity of my rough #'s. Oh and if you get time ...maybe post feedback on my pics instead of my diet miscalculations. Thanks!

tboost said:
Golgo when you say non-productive cutting what do you mean?? Have you ever leaned out since you bulked?? But yeah I won't ever bulk up wrecklessly again either.

Because it takes a ton of time and I couldn't put on any size while doing it, plus you feel like shit while dieting. I was probably around 16% and now I am at 11%. That was an ugly trip.

tboost said:
As you can tell by my pictures...my diet wasn't set in stone...I tried to stay as close to 5,000 cals a day as possible...some days I was less. Some more...I'm glad to see that you can do math RULES. I don't know what the point of your post was other than to try and negate the integrity of my rough #'s. Oh and if you get time ...maybe post feedback on my pics instead of my diet miscalculations. Thanks!

Wasn't flaming you dude, just making sure you know you were eating way more than 5K cal. Relax, I'm a nice guy.

tboost said:
Sorry, Rules I just thought you were flaming me.

Coo. People on this board tend to be very honest, and somtimes it comes off as being unsuportive... don't let it get to you.

Back