A solution for my Knees ?

workingman111

Hello All,
I come here with a problem looking for a solution. I will be very appreciative to anyone who may be able to help in any way. I’m currently reading and studying a lot (probably 8 hours just today) so I hope nobody feels I’m here out of laziness, and I’m certainly not here looking to find the easiest way to get huge. I just want to solve a problem if I can and I’m not looking for shortcuts or ways to avoid work.
So, my knees hurt, a lot. I’ve lived with this for long enough that I know there is some kind of damage or condition. I’ve tried different diets, and variations to my lifestyle and so far the problem only persists if not worsens.
Before I go any further I will say that I am in the process of finding a doctor I can work with and determining what is wrong, so know that I’m serious.
If I decide it is a good solution I am considering using various AAS and Growth Hormone coupled with training dedicated to promoting repair as I have read some encouraging things about both in being able to heal joint injuries. I am interested in finding a cure, not a treatment. So, assuming I have damage or wear (I feel due to injury and perhaps chronic inflammation) I want to know if AAS/HgH use can repair my damage and then how to proceed. I don’t know if there is a solution here, but If anyone is interested in reading further I will provide more information below. I just want to be able to walk again without having to think about it, hesitating and holding back.

Stats
I am 30 now. Male. 6 Foot Tall. Naturally lean. I weigh 160lbs with a low bodyfat percentage though I’m not sure exactly how much.

Symptoms
Persistent pain. In general it’s a burning pain that is present pretty much all hours of the day but while I am using my knees for anything, even just walking, It is the kind of pain you get from jumping off of something too tall, which under normal circumstances would go away in minutes to hours but for me only goes away or subsides if I get off my feet.

Creakyness in the joint. When I bend my knees in either direction I can put my finger on the kneecap and actually feel the little creaky pops that are taking place. They don’t especially hurt each time but I’m also certain it wasn’t always this way.
Swelling. Recently my left knee swelled up a bit and I noticed a new pop in it. It wasn’t red, just swollen.
Limited range of motion. Recently, along with the swelling in my left knee I also have experienced that if I squat past a certain point the joint seems tight and the pain significantly increases if I push past this point. Both the limited range of motion and swelling flared up a couple nights after I put in a good leg workout. Before this it was just persistent burning.
Loss of mobility. Anything concerning use of my knees is limited now because in both my conscious and subconscious I know that pushing farther than a certain point results in a prolonged increase in pain which is significant because I interpret this as being associated with injury. This is now affecting my coordination.
Climbing stairs is easier than descending stairs.

History
This has been with me now for the past 3 years. Growing up and throughout my early 20s I had the persistent portion of this problem only a couple times between 20-25, but it went away. I do not have any medical conditions that I am aware of, though, I wonder whether I have some form of arthritis. My joints naturally like to pop/crack. It seems the more I train the less they do this. In the past I have popped/cracked my knees because they felt like they needed it and it felt good. I stopped a long time ago just because I had a bad feeling about it. When it happens accidentally it typically ends up making my knees flare up.

Lifestyle
I work a lot and do have a lot of stress with a full time job and a business of my own. My sleep is not always what it should be and I am sedentary more than I would like. When I train I tend to not go at anything easy which is why I feel like, looking back, I have injured myself. I have had a weakness, I feel, for years and that is that I do too much sitting. My work necessitates a large amount of this but also I find that my recreation does as well (sitting in front of a computer reading, watching videos or playing games). When I’m not sitting I find myself on the other extreme, standing for hours, with very little dynamic motion. I consider both to be pretty sedentary. I feel that going from this into training has been a shock to my joints, but primarily to my knees and has resulted in damage.
I eat 3 meals a day and try to sleep 6-8 hours a night. I eat good food, what I believe is usually referred to as clean, and when I can I try to make it organic. My diet is something like that of the food pyramid, pretty balanced. I may be a little light on fruits and meats. I’ve tried a high fat diet for a while and during that time I may have had a little less pain. I drink about a gallon of water a day. Drinking less seems to make the problem worse.
For the last 3 months I have been training 3 nights a week and have gained 12 pounds which is probably mostly muscle and density. I go to classes that are a little on the crossfit side if you had to classify it, a mixture of weighs, bodyweight and strongman type exercises. It tends to be both cardiovascularly demanding and demanding of strength. I am certainly pushed to my limit each night.

Thoughts
I feel that for years due to my lifestyle I have kept my body in a state of being torn down rather than building up (catabolic rather than anabolic). As I understand it, cartilage in joints regenerates much slower than in muscle tissue. I have read that both Equipoise and Deca are great for joints (because of increases to cartilage synthesis) and I’ve read a few things that say they may be able to actually heal joint injuries. I’ve heard that to do this you wouldn’t necessarily need the dosage you would to build loads of muscle. I have also read that Growth Hormone helps repair joints. This is all extremely interesting to me and so I’m looking for people with experience who I can speak with and learn from.
I have taken a lot for granted in the past due to possessing youth but knowing that now I am fully ready to change and adopt anything into my lifestyle in order to fix this problem. I will no doubt learn a lot from visiting the doctor and hopefully with all things considered I can get my legs back and live normally again. Thanks very much to anyone who has any useful input.

So what is the diagnosis given to you by doctors? Have you seen an orthopedic doctor? Have you had an MRI? What else?

If no injury, then it's likely low synovial fluid. Doctor will give you cortisone shots. You should have your diet evaluated professionally, with emphasis on foods that stimulate the synovial membrane. Omega 3 is your friend, so supplement and eat plenty of fish. You can also try Glucosamine.

Best of luck.

I'm 45 and have had bad knees since I was 15. I have no cartilage in either knee and severe arthritis in both. Unless you have surgery to allow knew blood flow into your knee your cartilage will not regenerate, once it's gone...it's gone! I've had every treatment there is except for the chicken shots which they said my knees where to far gone for. I started the journey into aas as a way to maybe help my knees since they said they won't replace them till I'm done training fighters and lifting. Nothing makes them feel great, but the Deca seems to take away some of the joint pain. It very well could be all in my head to but I really don't care as long as I'm feeling some relief.

Cortizone will only help for a few weeks maybe even a few months if you're lucky and most docs will only give you 3 a year in a specific joint because it tends to eat away at the joint after a while. I can get them every 3 weeks if I want because in my case the joint being eatin away doesn't really matter anymore but the relief only lasts a week so it seems pointless.

If I were you I would def go see an ortho. You may just have pieces of your meniscus floating around that need to be cleaned out and that's relatively quick and painless. I wouldn't even think about starting down the aas path unless the ortho has done all they could for you. Like I said it provides some relief but not much.

If no injury, then it's likely low synovial fluid. Doctor will give you cortisone shots. You should have your diet evaluated professionally, with emphasis on foods that stimulate the synovial membrane. Omega 3 is your friend, so supplement and eat plenty of fish. You can also try Glucosamine.

Best of luck.

Uhhhh... Uhhhhhhhhhhh... PINCH ME..!

Austinite! :wavey: :agreed: :wiggle:

OP: See a doctor first. We can't guess over the Internet any better than you can by looking at them.

Thank you all very much for replying.

Megatron28,
When I locate and return from a doctor and have pinned down my current position in all things I will report back. We are blind on this for now besides knowing my symptoms. Me posting ahead of time though is good because by posting I am already learning new things which I believe will be helpful regarding diet, lifestyle, supplements etc.

Austinite,
I am going to look more into sinovial fluid and will be upping my dosage of omega 3's and glucosamine and chondroitin.

Maurij1,
I appreciate that perspective because it helps me understand where I currently am. I hope I can head off what you've experienced.

Basically I'm in the hunt right now for a good doctor and doing everything right that I can to halt damage and alleviate inflammation, naturally.
Ill post back and thanks again so much.

If the doc diagnoses it as arthritis, I urge you to do a lot of research on the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.

I was told 6 years ago after an arthroscopy of the elbow that I had grade 4 arthritis (as bad as it gets)...

Fortunately the surgeon put me on to ACV and I've been on it since - my elbow feels like new.

2 tablespoons of raw, organic ACV and 1 teaspoon of honey (to sweeten) - twice a day.

BOOM, not only is the arthritis never an issue - I've not had a cold since, my skin and hair are better and my digestion issues caused by certain proteins are a thing of the past.

Ranulph Fiennes was a cripple until he started using it - so please, research ACV - thank me later!

Last edited:
If the doc diagnoses it as arthritis, I urge you to do a lot of research on the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.

I was told 6 years ago after an arthroscopy of the elbow that I had grade 4 arthritis (as bad as it gets)...

Fortunately the surgeon put me on to ACV and I've been on it since - my elbow feels like new.

2 tablespoons of raw, organic ACV and 1 teaspoon of honey (to sweeten) - twice a day.

BOOM, not only is the arthritis never an issue - I've not had a cold since, my skin and hair are better and my digestion issues caused by certain proteins are a thing of the past.

Ranulph Fiennes was a cripple until he started using it - so please, research ACV - thank me later!

That is excellent information and I love stuff like this. I'm going to start it right away and see how it works. Thank you very much.

That is excellent information and I love stuff like this. I'm going to start it right away and see how it works. Thank you very much.

No worries, just be sure to get the raw unfiltered organic stuff, which contains what they call 'The Mother' - this is usually filtered out for cooking purposes - but you need that goodness for this remedy.

Hope it helps!

i have osteo arthritis and pretty much i have the same problem ,walking ,even getting out of bed is painful,i took some curcumin pills they helped for a while ,aleve helps for a while as well ,but after the effects wears out ,the pain starts ,a couple of years back i did a cycle of Deca and Sustanon 250 ,while having a bad shoulder and by wk 6 ,no shoulder pain up to this day

i have osteo arthritis and pretty much i have the same problem ,walking ,even getting out of bed is painful,i took some curcumin pills they helped for a while ,aleve helps for a while as well ,but after the effects wears out ,the pain starts ,a couple of years back i did a cycle of Deca and Sustanon 250 ,while having a bad shoulder and by wk 6 ,no shoulder pain up to this day

Try the advice in this thread and see how you feel. I totally forgot about the apple cider vinegar, I will be giving this a try myself!

Back