Abcess drained 6cc of junk ....yuk !

GonnaBeAGearHead said:
Also, I would tell the doctor that you are on gear. This could effect his diagnosis. He is obligated to keep your information private. He will be able to make his best diagnosis when he knows all of the facts.
:rolleyes:

I'm gonna say this is bad advice. Why in gods name would that effect his diagnosis. We arent trying to solve a mystery virus case like were cast members of House. Its an infection resulting from IM injection. Enough said. Shit, tell them your nurse girlfriend was practicing shots on you. Side note - most doctors dont have any real experience with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to give a "good" diagnosis on the matter anyways. Moot point, especially at a clinic, ER or general physicians office.

That info IS NOT PRIVATE. He is obligated to write any and all info down in your records. From your next door neighbor, sure this info is private. From your next insurance policy provider its fair game though. You best believe it wont look good when they see that Jimmy infected himself by using illegal contolled substances. :spank:

DougoeFre5h said:

I'm gonna say this is bad advice. Why in gods name would that effect his diagnosis. We arent trying to solve a mystery virus case like were cast members of House. Its an infection resulting from IM injection. Enough said. Shit, tell them your nurse girlfriend was practicing shots on you. Side note - most doctors dont have any real experience with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to give a "good" diagnosis on the matter anyways. Moot point, especially at a clinic, ER or general physicians office.

That info IS NOT PRIVATE. He is obligated to write any and all info down in your records. From your next door neighbor, sure this info is private. From your next insurance policy provider its fair game though. You best believe it wont look good when they see that Jimmy infected himself by using illegal contolled substances. :spank:

When I had mine lanced, I told the doc I was shootin B-12.

DougoeFre5h said:

most doctors dont have any real experience with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to give a "good" diagnosis on the matter anyways. Moot point, especially at a clinic, ER or general physicians office.

Guys that is so true
Two doctors have each told me that they don't know jack about steroids

Jimmykick said:
"usually do not need antibiotics"
So should he sit home and make this call?
Would you suggest then that he did the right thing by draining it himself and hoping for the best? I'm not a Physician's assistant but I know he needs to see a medical professional. A Doctor.
Well smart guy, the only time I would give him abx is if I felt it was a possible MRSA infection. He surely did NOT need to listen to an uneducated clown like yourself suggesting that he get antibiotics injected into the site.
I see a hundred times more abscess' than any doctor that I work with in the ER due to the simple fact that it is bullshit work and quick to get done. I do not know a single doc that would do things any differently than what I suggested.

DougoeFre5h said:

I'm gonna say this is bad advice. Why in gods name would that effect his diagnosis. We arent trying to solve a mystery virus case like were cast members of House. Its an infection resulting from IM injection. Enough said. Shit, tell them your nurse girlfriend was practicing shots on you. Side note - most doctors dont have any real experience with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) to give a "good" diagnosis on the matter anyways.
Agree one hundred percent! I had a patient recently who came in after an IM injection in his glute of "deca". He described all the typical symptoms of a prop injection though. When I asked "Are you sure that you injected deca, and not something else that may contain test prop?" the patient told me his life story like I was the first practitioner that could understand him and his sustanon usage.
I just called it an adverse medicine reaction and sent him home.
I would NEVER tell any practitioner you are on gear unless it is something MUCH more significant than an abscess or cellulitis.

bigdaddy22 said:
Well smart guy, the only time I would give him abx is if I felt it was a possible MRSA infection. He surely did NOT need to listen to an uneducated clown like yourself suggesting that he get antibiotics injected into the site.
I see a hundred times more abscess' than any doctor that I work with in the ER due to the simple fact that it is bullshit work and quick to get done. I do not know a single doc that would do things any differently than what I suggested.

Sorry but I DID say "probably" which usually means one is not certain. Said he drained 6 cc's of junk. When I had my mammary glands removed they flushed the area with antibiotic to prevent any infections so I assumed that would be a normal course of action if there was an infection. I am not a Doctor and neither are you. Read it again and then go finish watching ER, Chicago Hope, Grey's anatomy or whatever medical show you jerk off to.

Jimmykick said:
Sorry but I DID say "probably" which usually means one is not certain. Said he drained 6 cc's of junk. When I had my mammary glands removed they flushed the area with antibiotic to prevent any infections so I assumed that would be a normal course of action if there was an infection. I am not a Doctor and neither are you. Read it again and then go finish watching ER, Chicago Hope, Grey's anatomy or whatever medical show you jerk off to.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups so now you know. OH and before you start talking shit to people first get your facts straight Bigdaddy22 is the closest anyone who isnt a doctor will get to being a doctor so id take his advice 1 Billion percent of the time more on medical practice than I would ever listen to you. SO go finish watching Borat, Ali G or Jackass or whatever show you get your medicinal info from.

Point made. Point taken.
having a bad day today. I normally dont talk shit here. I assumed something but the idea was to get him to see a doctor to keep him safe. That's all.

:bowdown:

Peace

Last edited:
we've had some other members have the same problem.

Each time, it was a delt injection.

Wish you'd taken a photo. cortez took photos of the syringes, but I didn't save the photos and now they are gone.

needsize had this problem as well.

i wish i still had those pics, they were on the puter that got stolen. 3 full syringes of pus

As a nurse i can tell you that 99% percent of the time people get 6cc's of pus removed from thier body, theyre going home with a AntiB. I dont see hundreds of abcesses because of my field, but puss accumulates to help stop the spread of infection, amoung other functions, so to be sure, usualy PTs get a z pack at least, lol

Back