About to begin my journey

Envious1320

First of just wanted to thank everyone for all the great info. I am about to turn 30 but have been feeling like crap for atleast 2 years.

Always wondered why I could but on zero muscle mass no matter how hard I worked and clean I ate.(5'8 150lbs skinny build) My interests were fading fast, sex drive almost gone and the best way to describe it was I was just "existing" Went and got tested a week ago as I have been lurking for some time and thought these sounded a lot like my symptoms. Get the call that yes my T is low and I need to go in and talk about options.

That appointment is this Wednesday. I am not sure how low my T is as of yet but I know it is below 300ng/dl as that is what the doc told me if I came in under he would tell me to come back for treatment options.

I guess my question is what kind of questions should I be asking my doctor? I know the things I really want to improve rather than saying" just feeling good again" Any help would be appreciated and like I said I am very new to this. Thanks Guys

Problem is your doctor may not specialize in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and even if he treats you, he may not prescribe other things that you may need.

either way good luck

Okay so I got my results and I really should have asked for a print out but I did not, anyway my test number was 296ng/dl which he said is low/norm and wants we to get bloodwork done one more time at a different time of day. Had no problem with prescribing me something but wants insurance to cover it so wants to get another result and see if it maintains low.

my endo said the same thing today get it retested to make sure insurance covers it I came at around 313 ng/dl

good deal - he will give you test most likely - you eill know if he knows what he is doing - if he doesnt he will rpescribe 200mg every other week. that is bad it should be 100-200mg every week of test cyp. let us know so we can help. some docs try 1 shot/month - very bad. let us know your protocol.

Thanks everyone so far has been helpful. The doctor seems very willing to work with me on what i want and what will make me feel better. Got more blood taken this morning so we will see. On another note feel like crap today one od the worst days i have had in awhile.

Got my free test results back at they are 71pg/mL I do not know if this is considered low. I still feel like crap either way.

Been reading lots of mixed things about free test so here is what my test said both total and free.
Total test 296 ng/dL (286-1510 ng/dL range)
Free Test 71 pg/mL (47 - 244 pg/mL range)
TSH 2.29 uIU/mL

I know that the total test is low but according to that range seems like 71 would be low too. Thoughts?

they are both in the toilet man, you would benefit greatly from TRT.

question though, is your hypo androgen induced? if so a strong HPTA normalization may get you back to normal.

If your hypo is un related to androgen therapy, then you need TRT

Studies on HPTA normalization on men that were not ASIH did not have good results.

they are both in the toilet man, you would benefit greatly from TRT.

question though, is your hypo androgen induced? if so a strong HPTA normalization may get you back to normal.

If your hypo is un related to androgen therapy, then you need TRT

Studies on HPTA normalization on men that were not ASIH did not have good results.

Yeah I had a feeling it was low. I dont know what any of that stuff you posted means. I am looking it up but could you elaborate any help in understanding would be great. Thanks again.

So perhaps I replied too soon. If by induced you mean caused by myself then no. I just started to have symptoms of low T so thought I should get tested and have an overall physical and that was the results.

So perhaps I replied too soon. If by induced you mean caused by myself then no. I just started to have symptoms of low T so thought I should get tested and have an overall physical and that was the results.

if it is not androgen induced hypogonadism (low t) (meaning use steroids and now low ) than chances of a restart are slim, meaning chance of you trying to get your natural levels up, is slim.

sounds like testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is for you, at least IMPO

if it is not androgen induced hypogonadism (low t) (meaning use steroids and now low ) than chances of a restart are slim, meaning chance of you trying to get your natural levels up, is slim.

sounds like testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is for you, at least IMPO

Nope never used steroids

TRT would be great for you then, there might not be any other way to keep healthy levels of T in your system.

TRT would be great for you then, there might not be any other way to keep healthy levels of T in your system.

Yeah Anything is better than this. Waiting on more blood results now. Also I tried to PM you but for some reason it wont let me. Thanks for your help in my understanding of this.

Envious - you are gonna love this - your levels are way low and this will fix everyting. Like you are 18 again. Make sure you get DHEA/Pregnonolone creme with your therapy. Also get a good vitmain B MIC30 mix and injectible L-Carnatine to maximize results. Also need an anti-estrogen (maybe) depending on what he gives you dosage wise - itll be 150mg/week prob at your age. maybe even 100mg/week. IF its less often then every week, let us know cause that is not good. DOnt forget HCG to keep the testicles properly sized. Take in extra calories and work out.

So now the doc says 71 free test falls in the normal range and it must be something else that is causing me to feel the way I do and all the other symptoms I have. I have never been so frustrated. 296 total test and 71 free is not normal for a 30 yr old man too have. Any advice guys?

My TT was 288 free T 69, and felt like shit. Never did any steroids. I could have cared less if I died in a car accident just to end this shit. Thankfully those days are gone for me. Now you know why I choose the screen name I did.

No easy answer. To find a local doc, well sometimes it can't be done. I live in the 17th largest city in the country (last I looked). Nobody knows shit about HRT in this city. I went from Dr to Dr. I could get all the T I wanted, just nothing else. Anyways I feal your pain.

I know how it feels to be over 2 standard deviation from a 100 yr old man. Think about it. So no your numbers aren't exactly low normal. In fact they even used an old range. Anything under 348 is below "Normal". Funny thing is an endo I went to had a scale of 250-1100. The reason that they decided to change the range, is because many guys dying from weird shit all have low T. Look it up, it'll scare the shit out of you, or it would if you had normal T. LOL

Back