Acne from Testosterone...

prudens

So I've had acne issue before testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but since testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), I noticed my acne has gotten worse. I have oily skin to begin with, but testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) just made it more... I'm on antibiotics and seems like it's helping, but not as good as before. (Due to repeated use and more hormone related Acne).

What's your experience with acne on testosterone?

My estrodiol is 72.. My doc think acne is caused by high test. How do I explain to him high e2 causes acne? And he's hesitant to prescribe Aromatase inhibitor (AI) because none of his patients are on it.

My estrodiol is 72.. My doc think acne is caused by high test. How do I explain to him high e2 causes acne? And he's hesitant to prescribe Aromatase inhibitor (AI) because none of his patients are on it.

High test does cause it because it aromatizes into estradiol. You need to control the aromatization by using an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) or lowering your test dose. Injecting smaler more frequent doses helps a lot too.

If he doesn't understand that you need a new doc. Look to consult with an endo or the guys at IMT.

Megatron can you link me some reading on Estradiol causes acne?

I googled "estradiol acne" and the only thing that comes up is people use estradiol to treat acne??

Megatron can you link me some reading on Estradiol causes acne?

I googled "estradiol acne" and the only thing that comes up is people use estradiol to treat acne??

Women use estradiol to treat acne. That doesn't work if you are a man. Here you go.

Serum hormone levels in men with severe acne.

AuthorsAizawa H, et al.
J Dermatol. 1992 Jul;19(7):404-7.

Affiliation
Department of Dermatology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.

Abstract
In order to evaluate the hormonal milieu in young men with severe acne, we measured serum estradiol (E2), total testosterone (T), free testosterone (FT), dihydrotestosterone (DHT), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S), and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) levels in sixteen male patients aged 20-30 years with severe acne, including twelve cases of nodular-cystic acne, and in seventeen age-matched normal controls. There were no significant differences in the serum levels of T, FT, DHT, DHEA-S, or SHBG between the patients and the controls, but serum E2 was significantly higher in the patient population. Thus, the hemodynamics of serum androgens in male patients with acne do not seem to differ significantly from that of normal controls. Elevated E2 levels might affect the inflammatory response of acne vulgaris through the release of thymic hormones, as reported in the literature.

PMID 1401498 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Serum hormone levels in men with severe - PubMed Mobile

i have really bad acne problem because of my oily skin. havent done the testosterone test yet. i dont think it will work good on me. need to go to the dermatologist for this first.

Back