Adipotide The New Peptide Fat Burner

ergh so confusing for us broscientists. so when it does become available for "research" purposes will i still need to know all this or will i just be able to mix and inject like most other peptides?

also how are you going so far dan? does it seem to be working? any updates from the trials in houston?

When you buy peptides from places like rui-products, I assume they adjust the pH for you so all you have to do is add water. They also probably don't sell peptides that must be dissolved in DMSO, or if they do they will tell you and might even provide the DMSO. So when you buy a peptide such as Melanotan or IGF-1, the seller has already done much of the work making it ready for human consumption. I assume they will do the same with adipotide.

No news from Houston yet. I don't expect them to make the results public for at least 1 year. Arrowhead Research (the patent licensee) will certainly have a press release once positive results are obtained, so keep an eye on their website. They had a press release last month when the FDA gave final approval for the clinical trial now underway.

-Dan

When you buy peptides from places like rui-products, I assume they adjust the pH for you so all you have to do is add water. They also probably don't sell peptides that must be dissolved in DMSO, or if they do they will tell you and might even provide the DMSO. So when you buy a peptide such as Melanotan or IGF-1, the seller has already done much of the work making it ready for human consumption. I assume they will do the same with adipotide.

No news from Houston yet. I don't expect them to make the results public for at least 1 year. Arrowhead Research (the patent licensee) will certainly have a press release once positive results are obtained, so keep an eye on their website. They had a press release last month when the FDA gave final approval for the clinical trial now underway.

-Dan

Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is this correct?
so adipotide would need to be mixed with DMSO as opposed to saline or AA. this would make it safe for consumption?

For the time being this is far too expensive for me.....you could basically get a lot of lipo for the same price. However, if in the future a overseas country like India or China does begin to produce this, is it legal to import into the US in a small amount for research purposes? I would think that 1 gram wouldn't be a problem?

Also, for the purpose of understanding basic peptide chemistry..... and also if this does become available for a reasonable price in the future....to make sure you are getting the correct formula... for chemicals like Prohibitin TP-01, that have a disulfide bridge (Cys1 & Cys9), the N & C Terms would not have anything, is that correct? No H before the sequence and no NH2 after the sequence?

Also, just curious, I am not a chemist so I would never do this......is this something that a chemist could make? Or does it require expensive equiptment? I would think that if no expensive equipment was needed someone could make it since I would think that it would be easy to get the raw AA's needed?

Just some thoughts.

if in the future a overseas country like India or China does begin to produce this, is it legal to import into the US in a small amount for research purposes?

No, it is illegal to import it into a country where the patents apply. But people import small amounts of patented medicine into the US all the time, even though it is illegal. Companies in India were sending accomplia (the weight loss drug) to the US before it was banned in India, even though it was patented by Sanofi in the US.

""Also, for the purpose of understanding basic peptide chemistry..... and also if this does become available for a reasonable price in the future....to make sure you are getting the correct formula... for chemicals like Prohibitin TP-01, that have a disulfide bridge (Cys1 & Cys9), the N & C Terms would not have anything, is that correct? No H before the sequence and no NH2 after the sequence?""

No. C1 still has a normal NH3 at the amino terminal end and K25 still has a normal COOH at the C terminal end. The bonds between C1 and C9 are between the sulfur groups of the cysteines and do not affect the ends of the peptide.

""Also, just curious, I am not a chemist so I would never do this......is this something that a chemist could make? Or does it require expensive equiptment?""

These peptides must be made by solid phase synthesis and the equipement is expensive ($100,000 capital investment to get started). This is not something you can do at home.

so when do you think the drug will be available from research labs outside the patented areas? and how will we find out about them if they cant advertise it legally as adipotide?

Adipotide is trademarked but Prohibitin Targeting Peptide 1 is not, so look for this name. In the FDA trials ongoing in Houston it is called Prohibitin Targeting Peptide 1 and not adipotide. Or better yet look for

CKGGRAKDC-GG-D(KLAKLAK)2

This is what it is, regardless of the name.

after hours of searching I am sad to say that although I found many labs currently selling prohibitin targetin peptide 1 (outside the EU, USA and CAN) not one of them had a price even close to what the estimated range was. just to confirm these labs were/are selling the peptide pre-made not custom synthesized yet there price was far higher that what dbrown claimed to pay for 1 gram via custom synthesis , which should be more expensive than pre made batches. just to give you an idea of the scale im talking about one lab located and operating in china listed :
prohibitin targetin peptide one, (CKGGRAKDC-GG-D (KLAKLAK) 2).......$220 USD - per 200ug. thats a crazy price, makes greatwhitepeptides illegal "rip-off" price a bargain. the only other thing to inform you all is that these labs had the research done on mice back in 2004 as there selling point, moreover all of these peptides were available as far back as 2005, so maybe if they were brought up to date with the monkeys study they would rethink the price? but it would need to be a huge change because at $220 per 200ug (micrograms) your looking at 1 million for a gram!?

Last edited:
phoenixbiotech.net/Catalog%20Files/Fat%20Targeted%20Peptide/Fat%20Targeted%20Peptide.htm

Thanks. You can see from the other peptides listed on this page that this company is selling to the scientific research market and not to people interested in using the peptide to lose weight. For many experiments, 200 micrograms is enough, but for a person to lose weight this is 4000 times less than what is needed for a 28 day treatment for a 100 kg person. You would to spend 220x4000 or 880,000 dollars for a treatment.

thanks for clearing that up dan,

still a bit confused as to why any research company would bother to pay $220 for 200ug since custom synthesis is cheaper. "

Imagine that you only need 200 micrograms for an experiment. You can pay 220 dollars and get what you need for your experiment in 1 week, or you can place a custom synthesis and wait 6 weeks. You can get more peptide with a custom synthesis and the cost per microgram will be less, but what is the point if you only need 200 micrograms? This is why research labs are willing to pay such a high price per microgram.

"anyway i can confirm that there is another company who is selling the peptide, and this company is selling it for treatment. and the quote they gave me personally (after i contacted via email) is 10 vials, each vial contains 50mg of the peptide (with 5ml bacterio static water). the quote for a 10 vial kit (500mg, enough for 20-21 day treatment) is $960. i am hesitant to disclose the lab as im not sure whether they operate outside the patented areas. buying this product would be very irresponsible on my part due to the reliability of the source so therefore i wont be buying anything yet, especially at those prices, seems to good to be true. its a shame i dont have the vast knowledge someone such as yourself, if i did then maybe i would be able to identify whether it is a legit claim or just a useless fake."

Insist on seeing the mass spectrometry data and HPLC data which is provided with each peptide synthesis. Also ask if they use Elman's reagent to prove that the cyclization has worked. Ask what is the purity of the peptide. Ask lots of questions, and if they can't answer them then they are probably a scam.

Will they send you a 5 mg sample of what you want first so that you can check to see that it is legit? Most big cities have universities with mass spectrometers that can be used to accurately measure the mass of the peptide. If the mass is not spot on, it is a fake. Each peptide has a unique mass, so this is by far the best method to identify a peptide. Some mass spectrometers can even sequence a peptide, but this is a more demanding experiment. I can check company X's peptide on my mass spectrometer, but you will have to tell me what this company is. Don't worry about the patent situation. This is their risk, not yours. If they are infringing on the University of Texas adipotide patent, they will get a notice from their lawyers just as GWP did. If they are a scam and selling powdered sugar, they have nothing to worry about.

I suggest you ask for a free 5 mg sample for quality control purposes (this is much more than you need to determine the mass by mass spectrometry) and if they say no then buy 50 mg for 100 dollars (or the minimum they will sell) and have it tested. If they are a scam they will not send you 5 mg for free. If they are legit they probably will, because they should understand that people like you are concerned about scams and any Beavis and Butthead operation can package a white powder and say it is the peptide you want. It sounds like the company you are referring to is quite small and under the Google radar.

-Dan

Hi guys,

I was just giving up on looking for this stuff but gave it one last shot and emailed a peptide company outside the patented area asking for a quote on the custom synthesis. The quote was for 1 gram of the following:

Cys - Lys - Gly - Gly - Arg - Ala - Lys - Asp - Cys - Gly - Gly - (D - Lys - D - Leu - D - Ala - D - Lys - D - Leu - D - Ala - D - Lys)2
Modification: Free amine
Modificaiton: Free acid
Modification: Disulfide Bridge - C1 & C9
Needs to be oxidized = Monoisotopic Mass 2,553.514 Daltons
Purity = 98%+
Needs to be in Acetate Salt Form

As with Zomorodi, I am not completely sure that this is absolutely correct, however the quote they gave me was $2,150.

I think it will still need to be PH balaced, but again am not 100% positive. If this is all correct, let me know and I would be more than happy to share the company name via PM. Because I'm sure if we all go ahead and 1 gram I'm sure the price would drop.

Hi Slang:

Your description of the peptide looks fine.

Perhaps this company has done a 100 gram synthesis and is now selling 1 gram aliquots (or whatever amount you ask for). This can explain the low price. If they do a big batch the cost per gram for the synthesis drops dramatically and they can sell it for $2,150 per gram and still make a nice profit.

What is the name of the company and where are they located? -Dan

Hi Dan,

The company information is as follows:

GL Biochem(Shanghai) Ltd.
519 Ziyue Road , Minhang
Shanghai ,200241
PR China

I have been working with a chemist there and would be more than happy to give her a call and let her know that there are others who are looking to purchase. Maybe if we all agree to put an order in by a specific date we could get a discounted price?

Hi Dan,

519 Ziyue Road , Minhang
Shanghai ,200241
PR China

I have been working with a chemist there and would be more than happy to give her a call and let her know that there are others who are looking to purchase. Maybe if we all agree to put an order in by a specific date we could get a discounted price?

Hi Slang:

Thanks for the name of the peptide company. I will check them out.

Normally a custom synthesis takes 6-8 weeks, while it will only take 1 week if the peptide is already made and they are selling aliquots of a peptide they made a big batch of.

Did they say how long it would take?

Yes, I would be interested in participating in a purchase at this price. Perhaps if we organize a 10 gram order (each paying separately and each receiving the ordered amount directly) they can drop the price further.

One thing to keep in mind. A 98% purity is probably not needed. In the first paper describing this peptide (the one done in mice) they purified to 90% and although they did not say the purity in the latest paper where they gave it to Rhesus monkeys, they did say it was made by the same company in California (Anaspec), so it might very well have been made at 90% purity as well. The price per gram usually drops by 50% or more when ordering at 85% purity vs 98% purity, as these companies charge a premium for highly pure peptides.

The contaminants in a peptide consist of partially synthesized peptides that have one or more amino acids missing. This happens during synthesis because the coupling efficiency of the chemical reactions that add amino acids to the peptide is less than 100%. So there will always be some peptides that lack amino acid #2, some lack amino acid 3, etc. These partially synthesized peptides may or may not do what they are expected to do (kill fat tissue) but they should not be dangerous. Imagine a peptide with an amino acid missing in the zipcode needed to target the peptide to the fat tissue. This peptide will not home anywhere and should circulate harmlessly in the blood before going into the urine through the kidney. If an amino acid is missing in the death signal it won't kill the fat tissue as well, but this is not dangerous. If a cysteine 1 or 9 is missing it won't cyclize and will be quickly degraded by proteases, which is not dangerous.

My point is that 98% purity is most likely a luxury that serves no purpose except to increase the price. If the cost is 50% less for 85% pure and you need to use 13% more by mass to make up for the 13% of filler that the partially synthesized peptides contribute, you still save quite a bit (37%). So it is worth asking for the price of less pure peptides as well and considering this option.

Dan

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

519 Ziyue Road , Minhang
Shanghai ,200241
PR China

Hi Slang;

I had a brief look at GL Biochem and they are for real. They make 10,000 custom peptides per month and have 60% of the world market! Typical for the Chinese, doing something cheaper and on a larger scale than everyone else. They provide mass spec and HPLC data, so I am confident they can make Prohibitin Targeting Peptide 1 just as well as any other lab. Good job finding them! I am surprised I did not come across them sooner, but I was biased towards US labs because I have used them before for research purposes where I don't have to pay the bill.

Notice on the GL Biochem price list how the prices drop as purify drops:

$41.2 $48.5 $98.3 $107.9 $117.5 $141.2 $156.8 $235.3

for purities of :
Crude Desalted >75% >80% >85% >90% >95% >98%

85% purity is $117 per amino acid, while 98% is twice that ($235). Personally I would not want to go lower than 85%.

This means that we can probably pool an order and get the peptide at $1000 per gram at 85% purity, which is enough for a 28 day treatment for a 100 kg human, even after adjusting for the acetate and partially synthesized peptides in the powder. Wow: this is something most of us can afford!

-Dan

thank you slang for sharing the lab,
i would like to still keep in consideration the lab i discovered, as it seems they are selling it pre-made, so cheaper and quicker. but like i said before we need confirmation so i have decided to post the site below regardless of their location. hopefully you can ask the correct questions and discover whether they are selling the real thing.

i look forward to what they reply to your questions, please let me know whether they check out ok.

thanks dbrown and slang your sharing of resources and knowledge has been very respectful.
zomorodi

FYI their pricing looks confusing on the site, it looks like 5mg is the quantity sold for $200 but via email they assured me this was not the case, the 5mg apparently stands for the dosages taken. but im sure all this you will clarify yourself.

musclefuture.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=12761

At 960 dollars for 500 mg musclefuture.com is not cheaper than what one can get from GLS at 85% purity (estimated price of $1000/gram, or $500 for 500 mg).

Musclefuture.com smells like a scam. The info on adipotide has been cut and pasted from another site (I don't remember which one), they don't give any details about purity, etc, they list the price as 5 mg on the page and then say something else when you email them, and most damning, they have no contact information except an email address. This is typical behavior for scammer. They lie, lie, and lie some more via email and you can't track them after paying.

When you send an email to service@musclefuture.com it could very well be received by a scammer in Nigeria or Romania who has a skype account to call you back.

Great White Peptides is for real and proves it by listing their address and phone number which can be verified:

GreatWhitePeptides.com
1425 WEST SCHAUMBURG RD.
SCHAUMBURG ILLINOIS 60194
Phone: 847-321-1748

Is there a single piece of information for musclefuture.com that can be verified?

-Dan

Last edited:
Or we can all just place orders separately online? I am ready to do it as soon as tomorrow once we all agree on the purity.

Why don't you first find out the cost for 1 gram, 3 grams, and 10 grams purified to 85% to see how much is saved by placing a larger order? If it only saves 20% for something that costs $1000 per treatment, it might not be worth the hassle of pooling the order. On the other hand, these peptide labs can easily take 10 grams of bulk peptide and place 1 gram in each of 10 vials, so it is no problem for them to break up the order. The problem will come with coordinating payment. They might want full payment in advance from individuals (as opposed to University labs or companies).

Dan

Don't order this internationally. There is no reason to have problems with customer or the fad or dea over a peptide. Although peptides are not regulated by the government unless that are classified as a drug. They can make the clam in is an untested new drop and they can claim jurisdiction over it and they can hold it for testing and you will never see it. It a bit of money to loose. There are many affordable us manufacturers. Csbio , Pheonx (sp) to nam a few. I used to by igf from sigma aldrich. I've had a order opened by the postal inspector. They requested C&A and paperwork. All because the box has chinese packing labels on it.

im in let me know when you organise something.
does anyone know how many posts you need before you are able to PM?
also im in australia so shouldnt have any problem with patents etc

Musclefuture.com smells like a scam. The info on adipotide has been cut and pasted from another site (I don't remember which one), they don't give any details about purity, etc, they list the price as 5 mg on the page and then say something else when you email them, and most damning, they have no contact information except an email address. This is typical behavior for scammer. They lie, lie, and lie some more via email and you can't track them after paying.

-Dan

thats been copied and pasted off phoenix peptide ( first thing that comes up in google if you type CKGGRAKDC-GG-D(KLAKLAK)2 )

Back