Adipotide The New Peptide Fat Burner

A "treatment cost" in the range $1-2K is not much of an issue, IF you consider that is the entire cost. Honestly, for the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) guys, if you add up the cost of test +ancillaries, this amount looks quite reasonable if it's something done <annually.

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is actually testosterone doping and has lots of side effects (acne, small testicles to name a few) and weight loss is only accomplished with strenuous excercise, which is fine for body builders, but not what most overweight people are looking for. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) has been around for years, and is not the solution to the obesity problem, otherwise there would be lots of formerly overweight guys walking around with zits and small nuts.

Adipotide works by an entirely new mechanism and is absolutely brilliant from my perspective as a scientist.

Dan

It really depends on what you're using this for. If you're using it for a cycle, then yeah, it's going to be prohibitively expensive. If you're using it once every few years to try and reset to a lower BMI and reduce the number of fat cells in your body, then it's probably worth looking in to.

Once you get to your ideal body weight, you will probably only need to take a hundred milligrams every few months to maintain it. The inventors never talked about using the peptide for weight maintenance, but it should be possible to use a smaller dose to lose 3% of body mass compared to the expected 1 gram needed for 15% of body mass. Let's imagine you weight 100 kg and need 1 gram to get to 75 kg and after you reach it you start to creep back up to 80 kg after 6 months despite your best efforts. Losing that 5 kg should not require another 1 gram, it might take only 200 mg. We are in unchartered territory, so this is all speculative.

Dan

Last edited:
It really depends on what you're using this for. If you're using it for a cycle, then yeah, it's going to be prohibitively expensive. If you're using it once every few years to try and reset to a lower BMI and reduce the number of fat cells in your body, then it's probably worth looking in to.

Even at $6,000 per gram, if we assume 1 gram is needed to get to ideal body weight and 1 gram is needed to keep it off for 2 years (100 mg every 2.5 months) this works out to $12,000 to have ideal body weight for the first 2 years and then $3,000 per year from then on. $3,000 per year is about what I was spending on Acomplia (the anti-munchie drug from Sanofi-Aventis that was pulled from the market a few years ago) and is not that much money when considering the health costs that are avoided when one is not overweight. Look at what people now spend on gastric bands, health clubs, therapy, liposuction, diet books, and diet fads. $3,000 per year sounds like a good deal if it's safe and really works.

Dan

I've been reading about this since 2004. It originally came out in an article titled "Blob Busting Peptide" or something like that. I read everything i could find and it seemed like a dead end when it came to the trials on primates...

I was excited to learn that the primate trials were successful.

dBrown, thank you for all the information. You have answered so many dosage/method questions. I really struggled (without luck) to learn a lot of that stuff on my own.

QUOTE]

Hi TXM:

All the information is right there in the patent, the first paper showing adipotide works in mice, the paper showing it works in monkeys (the supplemental information for this paper is critical), and the recently published FDA trial protocol for the study on adipotide now under way in Houston. All of this info is publically available online, but unless you have a background in peptide science and biochemistry, it must be baffling. Glad to be of assistance.

Dan

I've been reading about this since 2004. It originally came out in an article titled "Blob Busting Peptide" or something like that. I read everything i could find and it seemed like a dead end when it came to the trials on primates...

I was excited to learn that the primate trials were successful.

dBrown, thank you for all the information. You have answered so many dosage/method questions. I really struggled (without luck) to learn a lot of that stuff on my own.

QUOTE]

Hi TXM:

All the information is right there in the patent, the first paper showing adipotide works in mice, the paper showing it works in monkeys (the supplemental information for this paper is critical), and the recently published FDA trial protocol for the human study on adipotide now under way in Houston. All of this info is publically available online, but unless you have a background in peptide science and biochemistry, it must be baffling. Glad to be of assistance.

Dan

Now I always get my micrograms, miligrams and grams confused, but I believe great White is selling 5 milligrams for $75. I did some informal calculations based on this thread and figured I'd have to buy 150 bottles at $75... just over $10,000 to buy the correct dosage from Great White.""

Dear TXM: I checked GWP and sure enough they are selling it, see

greatwhitepeptides.com/peptides/prohibitin-targeting-peptide-1.html

The price is $75 for 5 mg, or $15,000 per gram!!!!! This is 2.5 times more than what I just paid for 1 gram, and I know mine is made correctly. Good luck losing weight with GWPs peptide, and make sure it has the correct modification I mentioned.

A company like GWP can order the peptide at a scale much larger than an individual. As I mentioned, I can get 100 g for $210,000, or $2,100 per gram, or $10.50 per 5 mg. GWP can easily order 100 g for $2,100 per gram, so GWP is marking up their product by 75/10.5 or 7.14 fold, or 700%. Not a bad profit!

Dan

dan, you are obviously a very smart man. could you help me with the following please?

could you find out what the peptide sequence is of cerebrolysin? that would really make my day.

thanks,

To quote Dan, "This is 2.5 times more than what I just paid for 1 gram, and I know mine is made correctly."

I knew you were getting quotes, but this makes it sound like you made a purchase. Are you doing testing? Are you trying it for weight loss?

Also, you are correct about trying to decipher the scientific literature. If you don't have a background in it, you spend a lot of time wondering if you are getting it right. I know there is a fatty sheath around synapses in the brain, etc, and I was concerned that I'd give myself a stroke or go blind or something.

But I have had good results with the injectable Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) diet. So I am familiar with injections and the basics of mixing, etc.

Right now the only hurdle is the cost. It seems to me that the company that could make this affordable (in the price range discussed in this thread) might stand to make a lot of money... $2K to start and $2K annually... hmmm... I might go for that.

I think I should get a "guinea pig discount" though. LOL!

Thanks again for the straight talk.

could you find out what the peptide sequence is of cerebrolysin? that would really make my day.

thanks,

Hi Izan:

I went to Pubmed and searched for Cerebrolysin and found this:

"" In the present investigation, we examined the effects of Cerebrolysin, a mixture of different neurotrophic factors (Ebewe Neuro Pharma, Austria)"

I also found this on the net:

"Cerebrolysin is a peptide-based drug that exhibits unique neurotrophic and Neuroprotective activity.
Cerebrolysin is produced by standardized enzymatic breakdown of lipid-free brain proteins.

Approximately 25% of low molecular weight peptides (<10K DA) and 75% are free amino acids, based on free nitrogen content.""

So it is a proprietary formulation of many peptides made by digesting pig brain proteins . I am sure Ebewe Neuro Pharma will not say what is in it, but if you really wanted to you could reverse engineer it by buying some and then sequencing each peptide by HPLC-MS/MS.

It is not a simple peptide that can be synthesized easily the way that adipotide can because it is a poorly defined mixture of peptides and amino acids.

Dan

Last edited:
To quote Dan, "This is 2.5 times more than what I just paid for 1 gram, and I know mine is made correctly."

I knew you were getting quotes, but this makes it sound like you made a purchase. Are you doing testing? Are you trying it for weight loss?""

Hi TXM: Yes, and yes. My doctor has agreed to follow the treatment and I have already gotten kidney function tests (creatine and total nitrogen in serum, protein and cells in urine) to get my baseline, which is normal. I will assay these parameters weekly during treatment along with daily measurements of weight, blood pressure, and heart rate. If the kidneys are affected by the treatment I will know right away and stop treatment. I will start at the same dose that is now being used in the human clinical trial in Houston, 30 micrograms per kg per day, which is 9 times less than the estimated theraputic dose for humans. If I see no adverse effects after 2 weeks I will bump it up to 90 micrograms per kg per day for 2 weeks, and then to the estimated theraputic dose of 280 mcg/kg/day. It will be quite an experience to see what happens. I start this week.

-Dan

db, sounds exciting, will be very interesting to follow your progress rather than waiting (sometimes) years to see what results the clinical trials produce.

Have you decided on a protocol with regards to kidney function parameters? Seems some abnormally is to be expected from the previous work... might be a matter of how far to push the envelope especially if the "damage" is reversible.

And, you have a doc to work with you on this??

Oh, the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) comments have nothing to do with weight-loss, just trying to show that a few $K expenditure wouldn't be much off base for many guys. OTOH, you spent $6K for the peptide?

I have much interest in their knowledge of adipotide. I wonder if you can be part of your experience. Thank you.

Following your tests closely

Dan,

I am excited to hear about your tests. I will be following them closely and I predict I will be following close behind you.

Dan

I have much interest in his essay with adipotide. I have available to test this new protocol and to participate in the purchase order for the cost is lower. Just need to know how and where to get this drug and the recommended doses. Did I experience I can join? Can you give the appropriate information?
Does the product announced by greatwhitepeptides can be trusted?

Thanks for your time.

Hi guys im new to this forum i decided to join as ive been keeping up to date with this thread for awhile now as im very interested in this product.

has anybody tried the greatwhite peptides adipotide yet? ive noticed they have removed it off their site. they werent exactly forthcoming with any of the questions i asked them about it.

Dear Sir.
I want to buy for research purposes, 1 gram of Prohibitin-Targeting Peptide 1. Can I ask you the cost and conditions?

Here is yesterday's response from Great White Peptides:
We do not carry this anymore

dan,
thank you for the response, from a scientific standpoint could you explain why the average/lean monkey didnt show any weight loss? i mean if this peptide works by actually destroying fat cells (rather than simply shrinking them) then i do not understand the results. i also heard that the majority of the fat loss induced by adipotide was visceral fat rather than subcutaneous fat. "MRI and DEXA imaging confirmed that weight loss in the rhesus monkeys occurred primarily because of visceral fat loss." from source (high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2011/11/adipotide-and-bad-fat.html). and from what i understand fat cell numbers can never be reduced in adult life, and that appetite is directly linked to the number of fat cells one has. this makes sense as to why as an overweight person losing fat AND MAINTAINING that loss is a constant battle against elevated ghrelin levels, so on all fronts this drug has the potential to be the "one" we have been waiting for. and lastly i would love to try it but as you mentioned this isnt a drug to try if your on a budget, and i dont think $6000 is doable for me, so do you think as demand steadily increases the prices will drop?

Hi Zomorodi:

Adipotide does not kill fat cells directly. It does not recognize fat cells, or lipids or fatty acids. What it recognizes and kills are the epithelial cells that line the capillaries that feed the fat cells with blood and oxygen. These epithelial cells have a protein on their surface, Prohibitin, that other cells in the body do not have and Prohibitin binds to the peptide sequence KGGRAKD. This means that if you make a peptide with the sequence KGGRAKD at one end, it will home to capillaries of adipose tissue and nowhere else. Then you simply attach a death signal to the other end of the peptide and you have the ultimate weapon to kill fat tissue by cutting off its oxygen supply. Its absolutely brilliant and the inventors (Arap and Pasqualini) deserve to make a fortune on this.

The reason that lean animals are unaffected by adipotide is because they have very little adipose tissue, and hence very little of the epithelial cells that line the capillaries that feed adipose tissue. Since the target of adipotide is the Prohibitin protein that is only found on the capillaries in adipose tissue, and since lean animals do not have such capillaries, adipotide has no target and no effect. Lean animals still have some fat cells elsewhere in the body and they still have lipids and fatty acids in every cell in the body, but these molecules are not the target of adipotide. Therefore adipotide circulates harmlessly in the blood of lean animals and is excreted through the kidneys into the urine.

But the targeting and killing is not the whole story. Arap and Pasqualini also figured out how to make the peptide biostable so that only modest doses are needed to see the desired effect. The problem is that the body is laced with enzymes (proteases) that degrade peptides. This is a normal and necessary function, as the body makes proteins and peptides and must also degrade them. In order to make adipotide resistant to proteases, they did 2 things. They made the death signal with D amino acids that are unnatural and cannot be recognized by proteases. Fortunately the death signal still works when the sequence KLAKLAK is in the D form. For the homing sequence KGGRAKD, they add cysteines amino acids on each end to obtain the sequence you see in their paper: CKGGRAKDC. These 2 cysteines each have one free sulfur atom and when the peptide solution is diluted and the pH is lowered, the 2 sulfur atoms in the same molecule will bond to each other, cyclizing the peptide. Since the zipcode part of the peptide now has no free end, the proteases cannot chew it up. Absolutely brilliant. Keep in mind that peptide cyclization is used for may peptide drugs, and Arap/Pasqualini were using a trick that others had developed. The death signal was also known. Their big contribution was to find the zipcode homing sequence for the capillaries in fat tissue (KGGRAKD) and then to put the pieces together to create the most elegant solution to the obesity problem that one could possibly imagine.

""Dear Sir. I want to buy for research purposes, 1 gram of Prohibitin-Targeting Peptide 1. Can I ask you the cost and conditions?

Here is yesterday's response from Great White Peptides:
We do not carry this anymore

That sucks. That really sucks. """

It doesn't suck. Not only was GWP charging way too much ($15,000 per gram) but they were breaking the law by selling adipotide because there is a patent on it. Apparently GWP got a letter in the past 2 weeks from the lawyers at Arrowhead Research (which has licensed the patents) and/or the University of Texas that owns the patents and that convinced them that they will be sued big time if they don't stop selling this peptide. So don't expect to see adipotide for sale in the USA, Canada, or the EU before Arrowhead and its partners start selling FDA approved adipotide in 10 years or so. The good news is that the University of Texas only filed patents in the US, Canada, and the EU for the basic idea of making a peptide with the sequence CKGGRAKDC-GG-(D)-KLAKLAKKLAKLAK , cyclizing it, and injecting it to obtain weight loss. This means that you can make, sell, buy and use this peptide anywhere in the world outside of the US, Canada, and the EU without infringing on these patents.

Perhaps the medical authorites in Mexico, Morocco, and other such places will not be as slow as the FDA in approving CKGGRAKDC-GG-(D)-KLAKLAKKLAKLAK (we should probably not call it adipotide because this name is a trademark now) and it will probably be available in these countries sooner and at a reasonable price. The cost per gram of this peptide when made in kilogram batches will be less than $1000. I can see weight loss clinics in Mexico offering this peptide to patients under a doctor's guidance in less than 5 years. Mexico also has a big problem with obesity, which drains billions of dollars from their economy from higher medical costs, lost productivity, etc. The FDA might think they need 10 years but I am sure the authorities in at least one country not covered by the patents will not be so timid (India, China, Israel, Somalia, Bolivia, North Korea?).

In the EU, 20 countries are listed as designated states on the EU patent, including all the big ones. San Marino, Malta, Norway, Andorra, Iceland, Hungary, Czech Republic, and a number of others, however, are not listed. Norway is one of the richest countries in the world due to their oil resources, so they have the money, the educated populace, and the freedom to operate (ie no worries over the adipotide patents) and a fair number of body builders to try it out. Any Norwegians out there that want to give it a try?

Dan

Last edited:
WE did not get a nasty Letter actually, I dont know where you got your information that it was a nasty letter from arrowhead we got a letter from the patent attorney explaining to us that we can not sell this peptide. Was a legal letter not a nasty letter But thanks

Sorry, I changed the post to "Apparently GWP got a letter..."

There would have been very nasty letters if you did not comply.

What about all the other patented peptides that you sell? Will also pull them every time the patent owner realizes what you are doing and sends you a letter?

Dan

dan,
since its not illegal to sell the drug without using the trademarked name "adipotide". could you recommend any research labs located outside the patented areas that are selling the drug?

thanks,
zomorodi

Back